Hey Forum, Finally I think I'm going to buy one property in kapil malhar phase 1. So I need you guys to help me out in any cons associated with it(rather actively :)); and also if this seems to be good deal.

I'm getting this property in 55 lakhs + 3 lakhs stampduty reg. Will do some internal chages and guess that would be around 1-1.5 lks. Which will make the deal bit costly arnd 59 Lks.
Also included in it is some furniture whose resale value is arnd 1 lakh and I don't have to setup everything except for wardrobes and replacing with good bed.

It is a 2BHK, 1287 area+ 1 parking + the view is good (I can have a cup of tee SUKUN se)

But one thing that is a concern to me is builder is asking arnd 3% of the transaction since society is not formed, he has the final right. :-(What do you guys think about it?
though me and the seller have agreed to share that amount.

I did asked watchman he said there is PMC water and doesn't ever depend on tanker.

I liked the location near by CCD, Food Bazaar, ATM, Pizza, great punjab etc etc.

I did heard about water logging few years back and asked about it, but people around there had no qualms.

Regarding my finances I guess I'm pretty okay with it and hope making right moves here.

Offer valid till friday so will be glad if you can put your opinion.
Hope I can find peace there.
Read more
32 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by pcpune
    :) , well if somebody wants to pay 25k, we cannot stop him. 18-20K, I can easily get a 3 B H K in model colony and stay there.

I stay in a lavish 3.5 BHK 2000 sq feet flat much nearer to Aundh in one of the best societes - and my rent is 15K - and flat is semi-furnished.

So, the flat costs currently is 80-90 lacs, and I am paying 1.8 lacs a year.That is about 2% and I am happy to do that for the next 5-10-15-20 years.

'nearer to Aundh' is a subjective term. But it is rare to get a semi-furnished 3 bhk flat from ITI road start (Sarjaa) to Medi Point in 15K. Considering 2000 sq feet, seems you have bagged best deal.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sharad_for
    'nearer to Aundh' is a subjective term. But it is rare to get a semi-furnished 3 bhk flat from ITI road start (Sarjaa) to Medi Point in 15K. Considering 2000 sq feet, seems you have bagged best deal.

:), Well if say 1km within Aundh Relaince Fresh, it will satisfy you. Anyways, rent for a 1500 sq , 2000 sq or 2500 sq feet more or less is the same. Infact, I was living in Model COlony for 3 years on rent before I shifted here since I wanted a really large flat.In AUndh, a 2 BHK rent is ALWAYS between 10K to 14K, a 3 BHK between 12K-16K - doesnt matter teh sq feet. Now anybody paying 25K or 50K is an aberration.

This is the reason I want to rent - large 3 BHKs and 4 BHKs into posh areas, and enter into 2-3 years kind of lease deal, basically you are using a 1 crore above flats for 1.75 lacs or (even less considering - society main+PMC house tax) per year.

I am also willing to NOW spend about 2 lacs, and live in a lavish 3-4 BHK in model colony which is now costing 1.5 to 2 crores :) :) :) !!!

Moral of the story - Rent LARGE LAVISH flats in POSH areas rather than SMALL ones(<1200 sq feet) in BAD areas - the rental difference of 2000-5000 rs per month - IS EASILY TAKE CARE OFF.

Infact, at some point in 2008, I was thinking of buying 2 flats for 25 lacs each in Pimples, take 20K rent for both of them, and live in CBD (Model/Prabhat/Law) in flats which cost more than 1 crore - effectively - I am enjoying the luxury of 1 crore flat for 50 lacs flat rent.

--- Decided against it, as I make more in stocks than Real Estate !
    CommentQuote
  • Do anybody have idea about the gym and childrens play area in this society? Basically I went there 2-3 times but it was raining every time I went there.

I did asked owner about it, he said gym is coming up and it has play area too.
    If anybody has any idea about it, please let me know.
    Recently have been busy with some work, so didn't get enough time (not even for bolgging and irefing:D) going there seems outta question for 2-3 days.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by saggii
    Do anybody have idea about the gym and childrens play area in this society? Basically I went there 2-3 times but it was raining every time I went there.

I did asked owner about it, he said gym is coming up and it has play area too.
    If anybody has any idea about it, please let me know.
    Recently have been busy with some work, so didn't get enough time (not even for bolgging and irefing:D) going there seems outta question for 2-3 days.

Where is the children play area? In parking?? I didn't see any garden, it is only for ph1 i.e. of bungalows.
    CommentQuote
  • Did you see the newspaper pictures of Kapil Malhar residents who had to be rescued in boats during 2007/2008 floods?
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Kapil Malhar Pic

Originally Posted by sno247
    Did you see the newspaper pictures of Kapil Malhar residents who had to be rescued in boats during 2007/2008 floods?

Here is the pic of Kapil Malhar during monsoons for the same which will be helpful for members. After seeing this pic, I would like to know fellow members thoughts on so called 'Premium Projects' by the builders.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Oh common Real, cant you see -- its indraprasth - and ultra gazed italian marble flooring - you can see your FACE in it.....But does italian tiles breed mosquitoes ?
    CommentQuote
  • Picture is really nice. They never advertise about boating as amenity :)
    CommentQuote
  • What else can you expect when you treat Ram Nadi (Ram river) as Ram Nalla? Water is bound to spill into societies, when the society encroaches upon the river.
    In our river cleanup work in Pune, we have seen worst encroachment in Ram Nadi.
    CommentQuote
  • Update on it :
    finally did not got through with it cause somebody paid seller 57 lakhs.

And I have a gut feeling that somebody from our forum has cut the deal. Cause I did recieved many IM's for it regarding the deal...
    CommentQuote
  • congrats sagii for getting out of the deal. Now take those 60L, STP in a MIP, take that same house on rent for less than 10k, and enjoy extra 50k/month on your investment :)
    CommentQuote
    Update on it :

And I have a gut feeling that somebody from our forum has cut the deal. Cause I did recieved many IM's for it regarding the deal...

That is not me for sure!:D So happy or unhappy now? Now how you will feel happy after 2 yrs is a question.:)

Thanks for updating us, otherwise most of the people just ask questions and disappear in the air.
    CommentQuote
    Update on it :

:D:D. So funny man....it is like thief stealing the wallet of a cop:D. Anyways, don't worry, I had cheaper deal available here but I opted out for the simple reasons mentioned above. God is great, you will understand this after you get your house in a much better project than Kapil Malhar:).
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Forum for your responses, but ghar to lena hi hai na.
    Some how I feel renting a home is equivalent to hiring a cab. At the EOD you have to get out of it. Differences of opinion.

Originally Posted by realacres
    :D:D. So funny man....it is like thief stealing the wallet of a cop:D. Anyways, don't worry, I had cheaper deal available here but I opted out for the simple reasons mentioned above. God is great, you will understand this after you get your house in a much better project than Kapil Malhar:).

May be what you are saying is true, let us see.
    Project is okay but location and locality was of utmost importance for me.
    CommentQuote