Where should we buy duplex and row houses in pune..................are row houses better than apartments?
Read more
23 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • My personal opinion about Row houses is not very positive. It is becasue they have a biggest disadvantage (in my opinion) of floor area distributed across two floors. Your master bedroom is on 1st floor while Hall, Kitchen is on ground. So for every small stuff you have to go up & down. For young people as well (who are physically fit) this becomes like a problem. For people over 50 it's really a big problem. I know this becasue I have stayed in a Duplex flat for 8 yrs.

A bunglow with 4/5 rooms (including master bedroom) at the ground floor & 1/2 additional rooms on the 1st floor, is a best option in that sense.
    CommentQuote
  • Duplexes I have seen, ususally have Hall/kitchen and 1BR on ground floor, and 2br (1 master and 1guest/child) on first floor. Parents can stay on ground floor bed while the young couple can stay on first floor and have little more privacy and can feel little liberal that they can not in a 3BR or 4BR flat.

I think 3/4 BR Duplexes are great for those having parents living with them.

Originally Posted by rsatitkar

A bunglow with 4/5 rooms (including master bedroom) at the ground floor & 1/2 additional rooms on the 1st floor, is a best option in that sense.
    CommentQuote
  • hi rsatitkar

Thank u for posting reply.................

So dear do u know some options for duplexes or row houses or small bungalows in pune 800-1500 sq ft max within budget of 40-50 lacs. I will what i am thinking. If i get a duplex or row house in this budget with 1 BHK on ground floor and same on first floor i can rent it out and earn some monthly income

All viewers pls share some views on my idea.................
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nirmit07

So dear do u know some options for duplexes or row houses or small bungalows in pune 800-1500 sq ft max within budget of 40-50 lacs. I will what i am thinking. If i get a duplex or row house in this budget with 1 BHK on ground floor and same on first floor i can rent it out and earn some monthly income

Nirmit, thanks for increasing your budget from 30-35 L to 40-50 L. The boarders will have a relatively easy puzzle to solve.
    800 sq ft raw house ? That too you want to rent out first floor ? Now again you increased difficulty level. Hmmm.
    CommentQuote
  • HemantDesh

Dear Sir

thanks for posting ur reply

To rent out on first floor is just for the purpose of an extra income it is not compulsory if some projects u know pls let me know
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nirmit07

Check out Sun Empire at Sinhagad road...the row houses given against land to land owners are available for 35-40L, 2BR but the staircase is so tiny that even mouse finds it difficult to move around:D.

As far renting is concerned, man, how will you come down if you rent the ground floor? Using pipe?:D

Btw, one financial disadvantage is that in case of row houses, even the terrace which is just the ceiling is also charged at 30%...so a 1500 sq ft row house may have same area as that of 1350 sq ft flat . Think about the area calculations first.
    CommentQuote
  • Where to buy an independaent bunglow or two storey ho

Hi everyone, I need some help. Am returning to India after 42 years in Canada. Could some one please give me some advise as to where to buy an independent bunglow or two-storey house. Budget is Rs 90 lakhs to Rs 1 Crore. Thanks in advance

Manik
    CommentQuote
  • When was the last time you visited pune ? After living in Canada for 42 (!) years, I am not sure you are ready to come back. Advice : Stay on rent for a year or so in the best possible locality (say koregaon park, prabhat road) and see if you are able to adjust to life.

I know a few people who visit india from canada like migratory birds, but always fly back in feb / march.

HTH,
    ~D
    CommentQuote
  • Just one little point from my side
    I hope that even after paying up 1crore you will have enough liquidity left over. If no, then taking a small loan might not hurt.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mvaswani
    Hi everyone, I need some help. Am returning to India after 42 years in Canada. Could some one please give me some advise as to where to buy an independent bunglow or two-storey house. Budget is Rs 90 lakhs to Rs 1 Crore. Thanks in advance

Manik

check out in "Paranjape Forest Trails Bungalows" schemes in Bhugaon ..

for more details.. use google/bing
    CommentQuote

Manik

Hi manik try Mahindra woods next to park street in wakad (if thats the location you are looking) You can also try Park street itself i believe they have some townhouse still left but Mahindra woods has better quality.
    CommentQuote
  • After 42 years in Canada, you expect him to be happy with the level of infra in Bhugaon? Or the level of infra in Pimple Saudagar?

Even in Forest trails, the smallest bunglow will be approx 1.5 crores, I had visited one year back.

Manik, please stay on rent on Prabhat Road / Koregaon Park for 1 year. Even a posh 3 BHK here will cost max 25k per month in rent.

Then evaluate all areas in Pune during this year, and then think of settling down.
    CommentQuote
  • Nyati County

Hi There,

I too am an NRI for the last 20 years in Dubai ( PR Canada), just to let you know that Nyati county could closely give you the comfort of living in Villa like in Canada, I have mine in Nyati Victoria with a good back yard. Planing to settle very soon
    best regards
    CommentQuote

Manik

If you are returning after 42 years , I suggest, you stay on rent in areas where options are available under 1Cr & then get the FEEL of the area & then take a final call. Don't come & directly buy if you are not aware of the changes happened in past 5 yrs, let alone 42 yrs..
    CommentQuote

Manik

Manik,

The time to return back from India is after 5/6 years staying abroad. After that the landscape changes dramatically. You get way too comfortable in Canada and might not like the chaos that Pune has to offer.

You've missed the boat by a long margin. I suggest not to come back.
    CommentQuote