Hi Property Seekers,

I recently visited the Project site of the latest launch of Kalpataru Splendour Project at Wakad, Pune. It comprises of 2 to 3 Bhk FLats . the Project Plan seems good , however as i am only intrested in 2Bhks, the rate that was told to me for a 2Bhk flat by them is 3200 per sq feet,with the possesion of the Flat in June 2012..
I need inputs and suggestion form you all on this, does anyone of you have had a meeting or booked any of the Kalpataru Projects ? and do you think they are Negotiable??? as the rates seem to be on the higer side....
Read more
36 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • In the current RE scenario, everything is negotiable. It all depends on whether you are capable of negotiating or not.
    CommentQuote
  • Kalpataru Splendour Project : Residential Location : Wakad

Hi,

Well i did try to negotiate hard.. but they dont seems to come down on the rate .. need to know if they have come down on rates for anyone or does anyone have had a good or a bad experience with this Builder??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tarugupta
    Hi,

Well i did try to negotiate hard.. but they dont seems to come down on the rate .. need to know if they have come down on rates for anyone or does anyone have had a good or a bad experience with this Builder??

Sit with cash/cheque book and negotiate. Also check for other projects in that area. Don't put yourself in hafty loans without thinking of future.
    CommentQuote
    Hi,

well.. they usually do not negotiate on rates.. if you show genuine interest, then the sales executive might waive off the floor rise..

btw, 3200 psf rate is on a higher side.. what is the area of 2BHK.. are they also offering 2.5 BHK ?

usually their 2BHKs have around 1150-1250 sq ft.. at this rate that could be really a hefty price..
    CommentQuote
  • Kalpataru does not negotiate.. If the prices are really down.. maybe you can negotiate for floor rise or preferential flat ..
    Price appears to be high.. but Kalpataru is usually not too late on their projects..
    CommentQuote
  • They are not ready to go below 3200, may be they know that their brand will make the buildings full!!!!!!!
    2 BHK can cost you till 42L with an area of the range 1035 - 1062. Possession is in June 2012. i AM sure witht the name they have in the market, the rates will go only one way --- up;
    CommentQuote
    They are not ready to go below 3200, may be they know that their brand will make the buildings full!!!!!!!
    2 BHK can cost you till 42L with an area of the range 1035 - 1062. Possession is in June 2012. i AM sure witht the name they have in the market, the rates will go only one way --- up;

Their brand will sell all the flats, but it will take long. At this rate they wont find many buyers. Banks are now increasing interest rates. How can rates continue to go up. Its not as if our economy is booming.
    CommentQuote
  • They might not go down.. but will the rate go up is anybody's guess.. I think it depends on the sale.. if they are able to sell 50%.. they might increase.. but otherwise.. I don't think it will..
    I think it is over-priced.. and it should be tough to fill.. However I have been wrong many times.. :bab (63):

Originally Posted by tarugupta
    They are not ready to go below 3200, may be they know that their brand will make the buildings full!!!!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • The 2 BHK costs around 42 L here, and if you look for a 2 BHK in the same area nothing is below 40L. So can somebody help me finding a flat which is in my budget (35L). Another question, in the resale flats, in 99acres and magicbricks does the rate generally the total rate or just the flat rate + extra charges like MSEB Stmap duty, etc.
    CommentQuote
    The 2 BHK costs around 42 L here, and if you look for a 2 BHK in the same area nothing is below 40L. So can somebody help me finding a flat which is in my budget (35L). Another question, in the resale flats, in 99acres and magicbricks does the rate generally the total rate or just the flat rate + extra charges like MSEB Stmap duty, etc.

Are you under pressure to buy? Just because all properties in this area are hyped, does not justify that you come under pressure and buy it for 40L+. Afterall you are the one who has to repay the loan. Think carefully if you really want to buy something which is worth 25L for 40L.
    All the websites mention just the flat cost unless stated otherwise. Stampduty and registration is extra. some investors do not even include cost of parking, clubhouse etc
    CommentQuote
  • I have researched on buying a property under construction in Baner, Bavdhan and Wakad area for long now. After much consideration and the fact that I plan to stay in the property (not from an investment perspective), I have decided to book a private garden flat in Kalpataru Splendour. The saleable area is 1404 sqft 3300 psft (includes garden area of 350 sqft :D which I always dreamt of ), works out to an all incl cost of 57L with possession in June 2012.
    I compared the nearby rates of upcoming projects similar in builder reputation, construction quality, amenities and area - and found the below:
    1. Kalpataru Harmony is quoting 3800 (neg to 3650 max)
    2. Kasturi Apostrophe is quoting 4000+ (neg to 3900 max)
    3. Palash+ is quoting 3600 (neg to 3500 max)

Invite RE experts to opine pls
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by greyhawk
    I have researched on buying a property under construction in Baner, Bavdhan and Wakad area for long now. After much consideration and the fact that I plan to stay in the property (not from an investment perspective), I have decided to book a private garden flat in Kalpataru Splendour. The saleable area is 1404 sqft 3300 psft (includes garden area of 350 sqft :D which I always dreamt of ), works out to an all incl cost of 57L with possession in June 2012.
    I compared the nearby rates of upcoming projects similar in builder reputation, construction quality, amenities and area - and found the below:
    1. Kalpataru Harmony is quoting 3800 (neg to 3650 max)
    2. Kasturi Apostrophe is quoting 4000+ (neg to 3900 max)
    3. Palash+ is quoting 3600 (neg to 3500 max)

Invite RE experts to opine pls

You can buy a resale in Palas in 50+ ( 3 BHK).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by greyhawk
    I have decided to book a private garden flat in Kalpataru Splendour. The saleable area is 1404 sqft 3300 psft (includes garden area of 350 sqft :D which I always dreamt of ), works out to an all incl cost of 57L with possession in June 2012.

How is the saleable calculated in your case ? 100% ?
    Whatis the effective rate ?
    What floor is the flat on ?
    Would you have any privacy in your private garden ?

Good luck !
    ~D
    CommentQuote
  • is this project behind goel ganga's (lying vacant:bab (45):) IT park, just besides another project called en Castles(70% of which are empty, travel in night through this road)...? if yes, the location is good BUT this area would see traffic problem, but rate of 3200 for today is unreal...

regarding resale - generally owners or agents dont put parking extra; its part of it, sometimes they put parking extra but SD+Reg is part of it
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rendezvous
    How is the saleable calculated in your case ? 100% ?
    Whatis the effective rate ?
    What floor is the flat on ?
    Would you have any privacy in your private garden ?

Good luck !
    ~D

Hi Rendezvous,

The carpet area of this 1ft floor flat is 830 sqft, dry area is 32 sqft - which makes the total to 862 sqft.
    Loading is calcluated 30%, which makes saleable area now to 862 x 1.3 = 1120 sqft.
    Further garden area is 858 sqft, of which 1/3 rd is calculated as saleable (858/3= 286 sqft).
    This way the saleable area is 1120.6 + 286 = 1406.6 sqft.

This garden area faces the wall of the project, so there is no bldg in the layout plan that obstructs the sunlight on the garden. Also the distance from the edge of garden to project compound is a good 30ft, allowing plaenty of air to flow around.
    CommentQuote