Last updated: August 18 2010
24 | Posts
2253 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online RE Sites useful??

Hi All,

I would like to understand your experience with any online RE sites like "*********** , ****************" from each one of you. Are these sites are really helpful and have real stuff in those or operated by lobby of builders...Please share your experiences...

Re : Online RE Sites useful??

Originally posted by amolkh5643 View Post
    Hi All,

I would like to understand your experience with any online RE sites like "*********** , ****************" from each one of you. Are these sites are really helpful and have real stuff in those or operated by lobby of builders...Please share your experiences...
    it has useful stuff...if u r looking for resale or rent it will definitely help u..Even if builder is owner of the site..that might not impact much i think..

Comment

If u seethe prices mentioned on these site do vary alot for a perticular area...

If u see for Kothrud..u could get resale flat..2BHK starting from 30L to 60L... creates false scenarios....

Comment

Magicbricks has helped me and my relatives to put our properties on rent in no time. Even I found my rental apartment in Pune through Magicbricks albeit through a broker. The other one, allcheckdeals.com is pretty hopeless and they never revert back and their data about projects is mostly outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by amolkh5643 View Post
          If u seethe prices mentioned on these site do vary alot for a perticular area...

If u see for Kothrud..u could get resale flat..2BHK starting from 30L to 60L... creates false scenarios....
          It is the fact...2 bhk in kothrud have 600 sq feet to 1200 sq feet area. Also age of the building will impact. so such a huge difference.

Comment

Mannu..i can agree with you ..these sites are really useful for the purpose of rents..& leases..as the range of the rents..does not vary at all..

But for resale or new properties..one can put the property rate as per ones' wish....I can put my property for resale for the price I can wish..like 2BHK in Kothrud..for 65L...there is no moderator or any supervisor...for such scenarios...

These sites are useful in getting the contacts of resaler only..further one can negotiate...

Also the pics of the properties...does not show real picture...!!!

Comment

Is there any moderator or supervisor over builders to rate their properties?

What you're asking is suicide for any RE website besides cost of property is not ONLY dependent on its location

Comment

Originally posted by puser View Post
                Is there any moderator or supervisor over builders to rate their properties?

What you're asking is suicide for any RE website besides cost of property is not ONLY dependent on its location

I meant to say..the cost of the property should not be based on what one feels abt the rate..but it shuld relate to ground realities..if these sites take such marginal steps..they wud be more successful...

Comment

Most are junk postings

Besides magicbricks, try 99acres & olx.in. The good part about the online portals is you come to know the vacancy rate in a particular area, the prices (top to bottom) as well as the no. of investors in X project.

However, most of the sites are dominated by agents & builders rather than end seller so expect most of the data to be not completely authentic.

Eg. It will be mentioned, gym:- YES, swimming pool:- YES, security:-YES etc. & when you call up, the chap will say..ohh it was a mistake, will correct it (which is never done).

Also, several projects based in PS will be mentioned Aundh, Kharadi as Kalyaninagar & under-constro as ready possession.

More or less, the intention is to get the details of the bakra (once the bakra calls the agent) & then tell him how even better properties are available...make a visit to the office & then they will tell you that there are builder flats available.

Man, there are cases where I was told that Wakad plot is for 2600/sq ft & when I said I can you you a plot in same area for 800/sq ft, that chap put down the fone. Similarly, some agents were saying how Comfort Zone, Crosswinds are good & you should buy & when I revealed the details about these projects, they ended the call.....there are many other instances as well & this made me angry....so I used to call up their office every now & then & used to disturb them & when I realized that they got fed up, then I used to stop making calls. I wanted to put the message clear....not all buyers are bakras.

Eg. Musale estates, Gemini properties (Nilgiriwala), Suraj Info (Priyanka).....these are some of the crap agents, beware of them. Infact some of these chaps were trying to sell me the flats which their clients (investor) had purchased on the agents advice.

Btw, there were some junk UP-Bihari agents who didn't even knew the name of the roads yet were trying to sell some properties.

All in all, online portal is good for brief idea about availability & useful more for RENT rather than SELL/PURCHASE.

* PS:- All the agents with whom I am in good contact with are nowhere listed on any website. In most cases, I offer carrots directly to the builder employee rather than an agent. This way you not only get authentic info but the transaction is also smooth & fast .
                  If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
                    Besides magicbricks, try 99acres & olx.in. The good part about the online portals is you come to know the vacancy rate in a particular area, the prices (top to bottom) as well as the no. of investors in X project.

However, most of the sites are dominated by agents & builders rather than end seller so expect most of the data to be not completely authentic.

Eg. It will be mentioned, gym:- YES, swimming pool:- YES, security:-YES etc. & when you call up, the chap will say..ohh it was a mistake, will correct it (which is never done).

Also, several projects based in PS will be mentioned Aundh, Kharadi as Kalyaninagar & under-constro as ready possession.

More or less, the intention is to get the details of the bakra (once the bakra calls the agent) & then tell him how even better properties are available...make a visit to the office & then they will tell you that there are builder flats available.

Man, there are cases where I was told that Wakad plot is for 2600/sq ft & when I said I can you you a plot in same area for 800/sq ft, that chap put down the fone. Similarly, some agents were saying how Comfort Zone, Crosswinds are good & you should buy & when I revealed the details about these projects, they ended the call.....there are many other instances as well & this made me angry....so I used to call up their office every now & then & used to disturb them & when I realized that they got fed up, then I used to stop making calls. I wanted to put the message clear....not all buyers are bakras.

Eg. Musale estates, Gemini properties (Nilgiriwala), Suraj Info (Priyanka).....these are some of the crap agents, beware of them. Infact some of these chaps were trying to sell me the flats which their clients (investor) had purchased on the agents advice.

Btw, there were some junk UP-Bihari agents who didn't even knew the name of the roads yet were trying to sell some properties.

All in all, online portal is good for brief idea about availability & useful more for RENT rather than SELL/PURCHASE.

* PS:- All the agents with whom I am in good contact with are nowhere listed on any website. In most cases, I offer carrots directly to the builder employee rather than an agent. This way you not only get authentic info but the transaction is also smooth & fast .
                    Thanks..one more thing they charge us for their services..how funny!!! ..I guess people or reseller always feel they wud get good rate of their property if listed on these sites...No one will buy the property just seeing the pics..and the property descriptions..mentioned..u cant hide gorund realities.. SO BE AWARE OF THESE SITES AND FALSE AGENTS!!!!

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X