Hi All,

I would like to understand your experience with any online RE sites like "makaan.com , magicbricks.com" from each one of you. Are these sites are really helpful and have real stuff in those or operated by lobby of builders...Please share your experiences...
Read more
23 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by aditi sharma
    There is an RE agents association called EAAP. http://www.eaapune.org/
    I dont know if this is any good or any agents are good/useful.
    But it seems most agents associate with this one are long-timer than the tom-dick-harry kind of agents. But beware, this just does not tell that they are good.

thanks Aditi..did u or any on the Forum hv experience with this site??
    CommentQuote
  • Brokers in North America charge upto 5% of the total sale cost. But their costs are also high:
    - They are all certified and have to take a license to operate.
    - They are associated with some big broking companies (So they have to pay part of revenue - upto 40%)
    - They take pics thru professional photographer.
    - Publish, advertise, arrange for open houses etc.
    - As the owner cannot be in the house when a prospective buyer is inspecting the house, the broker is there.
    - Liaise with the buyers broker (and potentially revenue share)
    - Help arranging inspections, getting loans, help you with financial management.

In India, it's just 'knowing' that there is a house for sale and getting buyer and seller to meet.

~D
    CommentQuote
  • ..SAY NO to any OL site for RE..join the Campaign...
    I would rather .. let the competition fragment the market to an extent that the market doesn't remain !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Eg. Musale estates, Gemini properties (Nilgiriwala), Suraj Info (Priyanka).....these are some of the crap agents, beware of them. Infact some of these chaps were trying to sell me the flats which their clients (investor) had purchased on the agents advice:D.

I had contacted Gemini properties (Nilgiriwala) for a property in Kharadi on the same day of checking it on his website.
    He said the property is sold-out and I can check other (expensive) properties. Never contacted him after that :D
    Most of RE agents I met, were liars, unprofessional & Scorpio-chap. Sometimes found society-watchmen acting as agent :D
    CommentQuote
  • misleading, outdated postings

my experience is not very different from some of the other posts here. sites such as magicbrick, is used by agents to generate 'leads' (or bakra in real's word). i was looking for a plot in bavdhan, there was one bavdhan plot posting in magicbricks appearing since jan 2010, rates were ok, when i called, the agent says 'we got many properties in baner, pashan, pancard, ps, wakad and so on', i took comfort in the fact that he did not say 'i got plot in jejuri, purandhar, supa, saswad, etc. it is waste of time. came across 2-3 variations of this experience. also, agents play with dates and other things such as existing construction is posted as new, agent posting as builder/owner, when you call they would make 'on the fly correction' that it is 5 year old, and owner is different, and so on. they keep some postings for long time and keep posting fresh as needed. needless to say i did not entertain such agents. if they can lie to get the lead, you can guess what they can do to make unjust money from your pocket. allcheckdeals seems like promotes some favored properties over the others, may be they officially charge for such a service, i don't like it. in short, my online experience has not been encouraging and i haven't so far closed any deal that originated online. hope this helps.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vastumitra
    my experience is not very different from some of the other posts here. sites such as magicbrick, is used by agents to generate 'leads' (or bakra in real's word). i was looking for a plot in bavdhan, there was one bavdhan plot posting in magicbricks appearing since jan 2010, rates were ok, when i called, the agent says 'we got many properties in baner, pashan, pancard, ps, wakad and so on', i took comfort in the fact that he did not say 'i got plot in jejuri, purandhar, supa, saswad, etc. it is waste of time. came across 2-3 variations of this experience. also, agents play with dates and other things such as existing construction is posted as new, agent posting as builder/owner, when you call they would make 'on the fly correction' that it is 5 year old, and owner is different, and so on. they keep some postings for long time and keep posting fresh as needed. needless to say i did not entertain such agents. if they can lie to get the lead, you can guess what they can do to make unjust money from your pocket. allcheckdeals seems like promotes some favored properties over the others, may be they officially charge for such a service, i don't like it. in short, my online experience has not been encouraging and i haven't so far closed any deal that originated online. hope this helps.

Yes We agree with u..and have similar multiple experiences..but the next question is how can we take this to the site owners?? Just listing bad experiences in blogs..doesnt help :):):) ....wats say???
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Tanvi Singh
    Ya they do help but i think that they may create confusions, i guess its better to trust the websites of the real estate developer...They provide you the exact information rather than confusions....

Rightly said. Browse websites to know , what projects r coming up & get referral rates , but stick to the builder's site for exact information or call a few trusted brokers to have exact details
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amolkh5643
    Yes We agree with u..and have similar multiple experiences..but the next question is how can we take this to the site owners?? Just listing bad experiences in blogs..doesnt help :):):) ....wats say???

Best possible way is to let economics play its course. If something does not work for you, stop using it. If enough people do it, they will have to take a note of it. People need to seek value for their time and hard earned money, which seems to be not the case. This is happening in RE industry big time, and is a problem across the board. Big market size in India is a blessing, but it has this downside, i.e. service providers survive despite providing poor, sub-standard service/product. Again if enough people turn away, they will have to take a note. I have stopped using allcheckdeals and few other sites, visit magicbrick once in a while, just to see overall availability/supply of different properties in specific areas as a proxy for inventory. Ultimately there may not be enough people doing this leading to this being not effective way, at the least one can get satisfaction of trying and not contributing to the problem and not getting dragged.
    CommentQuote