Collapse

Online RE Sites useful??

Last updated: August 18 2010
24 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Online RE Sites useful??

Any tom dick harry is a real estate agent in Pune. I had gone to check a property in Park Street and the agent looked like some sadak chaap idiot. And he wanted 2% for the deal as well

Comment

Originally posted by lazybone007 View Post
      Any tom dick harry is a real estate agent in Pune. I had gone to check a property in Park Street and the agent looked like some sadak chaap idiot. And he wanted 2% for the deal as well
      Well same happened to me, I was called by some guy; and he was speaking in English nicely and all, he said he is selling at 2600 psft at Wakad and insisted me to come over site; he praised all that project. When I went 2 BHK cost was quoted 47 lakhs ; construction quality of sample flat was also bad, cracks, water seepage; cheap furnishing was visible; and that guy did look like a school drop out less than 19 years age

Comment

Funny agents

And I have seen laundry man, foto studio & even flour mill person acting as RE agents (yethe 1,2,3 BHK flat bhadyani, vikri saathi milteel). Even on trees it is written:-

1,2,3 BHK, Sale & Rent. Contact...........
        If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
          And I have seen laundry man, foto studio & even flour mill person acting as RE agents (yethe 1,2,3 BHK flat bhadyani, vikri saathi milteel). Even on trees it is written:-

1,2,3 BHK, Sale & Rent. Contact...........
          If you ask any sadak chhap, un-employed boy in pune what is he doing for earning, 75% chances are that he will be a real estate agent.

Again when you interact with then, they will always get calls from some prospective buyers. You will also hear stories from them about closing deals of few crores during lask week or so.

All of them are crap.

Comment

Originally posted by amjamirs2 View Post
            If you ask any sadak chhap, un-employed boy in pune what is he doing for earning, 75% chances are that he will be a real estate agent.

Again when you interact with then, they will always get calls from some prospective buyers. You will also hear stories from them about closing deals of few crores during lask week or so.

All of them are crap.
            Back to the Topic..how to differentiate a REAL RE agent and so called make over RE Agents??
            These OL sites also promoting these fake agents to grow ..so SAY NO to any OL site for RE..join the Campaign..

Comment

There is an RE agents association called EAAP. http://www.eaapune.org/
              I dont know if this is any good or any agents are good/useful.
              But it seems most agents associate with this one are long-timer than the tom-dick-harry kind of agents. But beware, this just does not tell that they are good.

Originally posted by amolkh5643 View Post
              Back to the Topic..how to differentiate a REAL RE agent and so called make over RE Agents??
              These OL sites also promoting these fake agents to grow ..so SAY NO to any OL site for RE..join the Campaign..

Comment

Originally posted by aditi sharma View Post
                There is an RE agents association called EAAP. http://www.eaapune.org/
                I dont know if this is any good or any agents are good/useful.
                But it seems most agents associate with this one are long-timer than the tom-dick-harry kind of agents. But beware, this just does not tell that they are good.
                thanks Aditi..did u or any on the Forum hv experience with this site??

Comment

Brokers in North America charge upto 5% of the total sale cost. But their costs are also high:
                  - They are all certified and have to take a license to operate.
                  - They are associated with some big broking companies (So they have to pay part of revenue - upto 40%)
                  - They take pics thru professional photographer.
                  - Publish, advertise, arrange for open houses etc.
                  - As the owner cannot be in the house when a prospective buyer is inspecting the house, the broker is there.
                  - Liaise with the buyers broker (and potentially revenue share)
                  - Help arranging inspections, getting loans, help you with financial management.

In India, it's just 'knowing' that there is a house for sale and getting buyer and seller to meet.

~D

Comment

..SAY NO to any OL site for RE..join the Campaign...
                    I would rather .. let the competition fragment the market to an extent that the market doesn't remain !

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
                      Eg. Musale estates, Gemini properties (Nilgiriwala), Suraj Info (Priyanka).....these are some of the crap agents, beware of them. Infact some of these chaps were trying to sell me the flats which their clients (investor) had purchased on the agents advice.
                      I had contacted Gemini properties (Nilgiriwala) for a property in Kharadi on the same day of checking it on his website.
                      He said the property is sold-out and I can check other (expensive) properties. Never contacted him after that
                      Most of RE agents I met, were liars, unprofessional & Scorpio-chap. Sometimes found society-watchmen acting as agent
                      Last edited by hitmady; August 18 2010, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X