Online RE Sites useful??

Last updated: August 18 2010
24 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Online RE Sites useful??

misleading, outdated postings

my experience is not very different from some of the other posts here. sites such as magicbrick, is used by agents to generate 'leads' (or bakra in real's word). i was looking for a plot in bavdhan, there was one bavdhan plot posting in magicbricks appearing since jan 2010, rates were ok, when i called, the agent says 'we got many properties in baner, pashan, pancard, ps, wakad and so on', i took comfort in the fact that he did not say 'i got plot in jejuri, purandhar, supa, saswad, etc. it is waste of time. came across 2-3 variations of this experience. also, agents play with dates and other things such as existing construction is posted as new, agent posting as builder/owner, when you call they would make 'on the fly correction' that it is 5 year old, and owner is different, and so on. they keep some postings for long time and keep posting fresh as needed. needless to say i did not entertain such agents. if they can lie to get the lead, you can guess what they can do to make unjust money from your pocket. allcheckdeals seems like promotes some favored properties over the others, may be they officially charge for such a service, i don't like it. in short, my online experience has not been encouraging and i haven't so far closed any deal that originated online. hope this helps.
    Last edited by vastumitra; August 18 2010, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vastumitra View Post
      my experience is not very different from some of the other posts here. sites such as magicbrick, is used by agents to generate 'leads' (or bakra in real's word). i was looking for a plot in bavdhan, there was one bavdhan plot posting in magicbricks appearing since jan 2010, rates were ok, when i called, the agent says 'we got many properties in baner, pashan, pancard, ps, wakad and so on', i took comfort in the fact that he did not say 'i got plot in jejuri, purandhar, supa, saswad, etc. it is waste of time. came across 2-3 variations of this experience. also, agents play with dates and other things such as existing construction is posted as new, agent posting as builder/owner, when you call they would make 'on the fly correction' that it is 5 year old, and owner is different, and so on. they keep some postings for long time and keep posting fresh as needed. needless to say i did not entertain such agents. if they can lie to get the lead, you can guess what they can do to make unjust money from your pocket. allcheckdeals seems like promotes some favored properties over the others, may be they officially charge for such a service, i don't like it. in short, my online experience has not been encouraging and i haven't so far closed any deal that originated online. hope this helps.
      Yes We agree with u..and have similar multiple experiences..but the next question is how can we take this to the site owners?? Just listing bad experiences in blogs..doesnt help ....wats say???

Comment

Originally posted by Tanvi Singh
        Ya they do help but i think that they may create confusions, i guess its better to trust the websites of the real estate developer...They provide you the exact information rather than confusions....
        Rightly said. Browse websites to know , what projects r coming up & get referral rates , but stick to the builder's site for exact information or call a few trusted brokers to have exact details
        Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by amolkh5643 View Post
          Yes We agree with u..and have similar multiple experiences..but the next question is how can we take this to the site owners?? Just listing bad experiences in blogs..doesnt help ....wats say???
          Best possible way is to let economics play its course. If something does not work for you, stop using it. If enough people do it, they will have to take a note of it. People need to seek value for their time and hard earned money, which seems to be not the case. This is happening in RE industry big time, and is a problem across the board. Big market size in India is a blessing, but it has this downside, i.e. service providers survive despite providing poor, sub-standard service/product. Again if enough people turn away, they will have to take a note. I have stopped using allcheckdeals and few other sites, visit magicbrick once in a while, just to see overall availability/supply of different properties in specific areas as a proxy for inventory. Ultimately there may not be enough people doing this leading to this being not effective way, at the least one can get satisfaction of trying and not contributing to the problem and not getting dragged.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
          Working...
          X