Last updated: May 27 2016
3 | Posts
2154 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pune Variations in the Loading Percentage Over the Years

Hi,
    When I purchased flat in Pune in 2008 I remember I calculated loading factor for my home as 1.15 to reach saleable area. I then got to know about some property in Pune only and as per information I found about it, its builder used 1.25 as loading factor for calculating saleable area.
    Now, I am looking new flat in Pimple Saudagar and found new construction builders are using 1.35 as loading factor.
    Can someone provide more information on this? Like how this loading factor increased since 2008 from 1.15 to 1.35. Who decides this CREDAI? Does this apply to all over Maharashtra or just Pune?

If I compare old flats to new flats, I can see new flats has now decreased the carpet area. Hence was just curious to know about loading factor history.

Re : Pune Variations in the Loading Percentage Over the Years

Loading factor has been increasing consistently.

Prevalent in current market scenario is 30% - 40%.
    Also, terrace used to be charged at 50% earlier...till 2010. Now terrace is being charged at 100% in addition to higher loading %age.

You will find numerous reasons if you inquire with builder like : Cost escalation [Land and Construction cost], Change of rules by PMC / PCMC in how do they calculate FSI, terrace, balconies etc when charging the developer.

Also, now its mandatory for developers to provide 2 lifts and 2 stairs in buildings above 7th-8th floor against earlier norm of single stairs.

So multitude of reasons, excuses and factors could be given by developers for the same.

Comment

The loading factor is 40% in Chikhli-Moshi area.

Comment

Simply base your decision on this observation :

1. Carpet area psf * 1.6 = total package cost

2. Holding cost = 2% per year of 1 above

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
        Working...
        X