Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeLoan: SBI or Idbi or idbi home finance?

Collapse
X
Collapse

HomeLoan: SBI or Idbi or idbi home finance?

Last updated: September 19 2010
45 | Posts
12736 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HomeLoan: SBI or Idbi or idbi home finance?

Hey guys, I got the quotes from various banks. The three of them I found very lucrative in terms of interest rates, processing fees, pre/part payment rates etc were:
    1. SBI: 1st year 8, 2nd-9%, 3rd 9%, then BR + 1.75%
    2. IdBI: 9%
    3. IDBI Home Finance: 8.9%, RPLR-3.35%

Other baks have rates of >=9.75%. Processing fees for any of these above are under 12000.

Do anybody have any previous experience with the above three? especially with Idbi bank and Idbi home finance(both are different entities). I can't find much reviews from any of these two.

Quick response would be appreciated.

Re : HomeLoan: SBI or Idbi or idbi home finance?

SBI, if you can survive the mountain of paperwork. The transparency and peace of mind they offer, you cannot get anywhere else.

Try LIC Housing Finance also. They are also a govt company, and a bit more aggressive than SBI in giving home loan. Let me know if you need details of their loan officer.

Disclaimer: Have got one home loan from LIC HF previously, which was a good experience.

Comment

Thanks, But they have interest rate of 9.75 %. that means a difference of 75 basis points with Idbi. Sounds costlier a bit.

Comment

Oh, then that is not going to be a good deal. Did not know the latest interest rates.
        Whatever you do, dont take home loan from ICICI, even if it means letting go of the deal. That is like making a pact with the devil to buy a ticket to heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by abeerbagul View Post
          Oh, then that is not going to be a good deal. Did not know the latest interest rates.
          Whatever you do, dont take home loan from ICICI, even if it means letting go of the deal. That is like making a pact with the devil to buy a ticket to heaven.
          hehehe, im anyways not going for it or any private bank . my relative also had a bad experience with them.

Comment

Axis Bank Home Loan

Hi,

Have you inquired about Axis Bank Home Loan? I took one last year at 9%, which they later reduced to 8.75% when the interest rates came down. Not sure how it will move up - given that interest rates are likely to go up. There is no pre-payment penalty.

Best regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Apnaghar View Post
              Hi,

Have you inquired about Axis Bank Home Loan? I took one last year at 9%, which they later reduced to 8.75% when the interest rates came down. Not sure how it will move up - given that interest rates are likely to go up. There is no pre-payment penalty.

Best regards,
              They are too at arnd 9.75%

Comment

I have not taken a loan but had approached the IDBI home loan finance.. They were pretty horrible.. Absolutely archaic processes.. too much paper work.. too much trouble and yet there was nothing much in their offer.. Bad Experience. (This was Koromongala branch in Bangalore)
                Very expensive and not worth it.. I do not know about IDBI bank though.. Avoid IDBI housing Finance with a barge pole
                Last edited August 22 2010, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by saggii View Post
                  Hey guys, I got the quotes from various banks. The three of them I found very lucrative in terms of interest rates, processing fees, pre/part payment rates etc were:
                  1. SBI: 1st year 8, 2nd-9%, 3rd 9%, then BR + 1.75%
                  2. IdBI: 9%
                  3. IDBI Home Finance: 8.9%, RPLR-3.35%

Other baks have rates of >=9.75%. Processing fees for any of these above are under 12000.

Do anybody have any previous experience with the above three? especially with Idbi bank and Idbi home finance(both are different entities). I can't find much reviews from any of these two.

Quick response would be appreciated.
                  PNB teaser rates at 8.5 %

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...ow/6333488.cms

Also check 1> Corporation Bank and 2> Syndicate Bank.

Comment

Go with small PSUs always, and always compare the EMIs - for all the 20 years - not the interest rates - check the NET outgo from each & every bank and then decide.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X