Request to the to-be buyers & consumers - its festival time again for the next 3 months and builders/developers are hoping to clear their inventories at HIGH PRICES - this means the price will remain high for the next year to come - as even if they sell 25% in a project - they recover their costs....

So, my humble advice - to all - PLEASE DONT get sucked in by :

1. New offers such as agreement,car,parking FREE etc
2. New launches and pre-EMI by builers etc
3. Some Festive discount valid for first 20 buyers and for 15 days etc

All of these - AND similar are marketting GIMMICKS - if the BUYERS stay put now - for the next 3 months - they might get the SAME property at 10-20% less than whats available now ...

So, PLEASE DONT GET SUCKED IN --- AND GO AHEAD AND RENT !
Read more
Reply
181 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by puser
    Are you ITG yourself :bab (35):?


    Yes, but hide identity when meeting brokers/builders due to reputation middle-class ITGs has earned in RE market :o
    Although can buy w/o leverage, still renting & holding-off coz see its not worth putting money in current RE market.
    CommentQuote
  • Last year a thread was initiated “Rates will come down after Diwali” but nothing happened. Now “Festival Time - Dont get Sucked IN!” lets see what will be next ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Saurabh01
    Last year a thread was initiated “Rates will come down after Diwali” but nothing happened. Now “Festival Time - Dont get Sucked IN!” lets see what will be next ?


    Last years Diwali thread is turning into a joke for many members but you need to understand that it simply means, someone tried to time the market and that didnt work out well... bears underestimated the holding capacity of the builds (and their political bailouts) and also more people got sucked into buying in the artificial needs..

    This thread is much more realistic... see the situation around yourself... do you think Pune's roads, traffic, infra, transport, pollution and political leadership is worth putting 60-70 Lacs for 2-3 BHK? In spite of dying sales and unsold inventory, builders are raising rates for past 6-8 months... this is just a 'Baniya' trick to raise the rates and then give a discount which doesnt make sense...

    This is what exactly will happen that builders will reduce 50-100 psft and show that as a big discount to suck people in. Message is simple... dont get sucked in...

    Use a simple principle applicable anywhere... if you are paying X for a commodity (after any discounts/offers, etc), think first whether the commodity is worth the X amount.. and on this simple test, Pune RE fails miserably...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by punerebuyer
    Last years Diwali thread is turning into a joke for many members but you need to understand that it simply means, someone tried to time the market and that didnt work out well... bears underestimated the holding capacity of the builds (and their political bailouts) and also more people got sucked into buying in the artificial needs..

    This thread is much more realistic... see the situation around yourself... do you think Pune's roads, traffic, infra, transport, pollution and political leadership is worth putting 60-70 Lacs for 2-3 BHK? In spite of dying sales and unsold inventory, builders are raising rates for past 6-8 months... this is just a 'Baniya' trick to raise the rates and then give a discount which doesnt make sense...

    This is what exactly will happen that builders will reduce 50-100 psft and show that as a big discount to suck people in. Message is simple... dont get sucked in...

    Use a simple principle applicable anywhere... if you are paying X for a commodity (after any discounts/offers, etc), think first whether the commodity is worth the X amount.. and on this simple test, Pune RE fails miserably...


    Well, Rates are going up again - it looks to me artificial hike; without any subtle reasons are rates in Pune are shot up ; and see if anyone falls for this.

    Man, Mohammadwadi kind of dim area has rate of 3500 psft :bab (45)::bab (36):

    Just passed by Hinjewadi today, roads are all bad shape again due to heavy rains, full of potholes, take 30-45 mins to reach phase 1 from wakad bridge :bab (36):

    Cant imagine the state when BlueRidge, Megapolis and all townships in Wakad fills up!

    By the way, don't see rates going down soon. pcpune must have his own house; may be a mansion or villa; but for many people in Pune, homw is for end use not for investment.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by puser
    By the way, don't see rates going down soon. pcpune must have his own house; may be a mansion or villa; but for many people in Pune, homw is for end use not for investment.

    Man, you are 25 & therefore single:). Why does house haunts you 24*7?? You have so much time on your side, don't get frustrated. The property prices can't reach infinite levels for the simple reason that even Carlos Slim, the richest person in the world has finite income!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by puser

    By the way, don't see rates going down soon. for many people in Pune, homw is for end use not for investment.


    I seriously doubt when somebody says "I am buying only for end-use". This phrase is used, just to kill fair-discussion
    Else what justified 24K EMI at Wakad when once can pay 12K rent at Aundh. Is Wakad better for end-user than Aundh?

    Most people buying at current inflated rates feel RE is a good-investment, where rates double in 5 years :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Man, you are 25 & therefore single:). Why does house haunts you 24*7?? You have so much time on your side, don't get frustrated. The property prices can't reach infinite levels for the simple reason that even Carlos Slim, the richest person in the world has finite income!!



    I think I'll have to be either Carlos Slim or just "Slim-Fit"(by spending less on food for collecting saving for house) to buy in Pune:D:bab (45)::D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hitmady
    I seriously doubt when somebody says "I am buying only for end-use". This phrase is used, just to kill fair-discussion
    Else what justified 24K EMI at Wakad when once can pay 12K rent at Aundh. Is Wakad better for end-user than Aundh?

    Most of people buying at current inflated rates feel RE is a good-investment, where rates double in 5 years :D


    Managing to switch houses after end of 11 month rental agreement may not be suitable for everyone; different people with varied family background have troubles in changing houses every now and them; pack and move to new house and try feeling home there. Its good if you are not localite; you have house back in some small village besides farm and you're just in Pune to earn

    I don't think rates are gonna double; its just you'll end up buying old house at less price in the city or new house (may be with poor infrastructure) at 20-25km farther from city
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by puser
    Managing to switch houses after end of 11 month rental agreement may not be suitable for everyone; different people with varied family background have troubles in changing houses every now and them; pack and move to new house and try feeling home there. Its good if you are not localite; you have house back in some small village besides farm and you're just in Pune to earn


    I am almost middle-aged with kid, renting for past 3 yrs in Pune. This year switched to a well maintained, better house (garden-facing) after spending 2 yrs earlier house. No problem at all

    I would love to own house in Pune but not at this level by compromising on other necessities of life.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by puser
    Managing to switch houses after end of 11 month rental agreement may not be suitable for everyone; different people with varied family background have troubles in changing houses every now and them; pack and move to new house and try feeling home there. Its good if you are not localite; you have house back in some small village besides farm and you're just in Pune to earn

    Agreed but why does not having your own house at 25 makes you frustrated?? Having own house is wonderful, but at what cost?? You need to calculate ownership:sacrifice ratio to get clear picture.

    I don't think rates are gonna double; its just you'll end up buying old house at less price in the city or new house (may be with poor infrastructure) at 20-25km farther from city

    If rates don't double then why will you end up buying 25 km away from city?? Man, you are getting frustrated:(. Btw, if you work at Hinjewadi, why not buy at PCMC?? Good locations are available under 2600/sq ft. Don't understand why people want to remain stuck in PMC only??
    CommentQuote
  • I know, currently you can’t get a 2 BHK even in 35-38 lacs and those are not even worth of 20 lacs. But builders are very organized here. So, we can’t predict any things. And worst part, here builders are investing black money so no pressure to sell asap. They can hold and they are holding the inventory.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Good locations are available under 2600/sq ft.

    Please let me know where is 2600/sq ft. I will buy now :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Saurabh01
    Please let me know where is 2600/sq ft. I will buy now :)

    Check out areas of Sambhajinagar, near Bird View Valley, Pradhikaran & area near Bajaj School, off Telco road.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hitmady
    I seriously doubt when somebody says "I am buying only for end-use". This phrase is used, just to kill fair-discussion
    Else what justified 24K EMI at Wakad when once can pay 12K rent at Aundh. Is Wakad better for end-user than Aundh?

    Most people buying at current inflated rates feel RE is a good-investment, where rates double in 5 years :D


    +1 very true. Unless a person believe deep in his heart, that prices wont come down, and even if they come down, they go back up in 6 months, wont buy.

    Giving reasons like buying because I can afford the EMI or emotional factor and all are crap.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by puser
    Managing to switch houses after end of 11 month rental agreement may not be suitable for everyone;



    I stayed on rent for so long, never was I asked to vacate after 11 months.
    You just need to find some good home owner, who is interested in long term contract. Which home owner want to change tenants every year? Every one wants long term, unless the owner want to occupy himself, which is very rare.
    CommentQuote