I have been looking for flat for last two months in Undri and Wagholi. I wanted to take advice of other members in terms of value appreciation. Which option would be a better one... Undri or Wagholi? I have seen lot of people flocking wagholi due to EON IT park but still have reservations about the area. Please advice.
Read more
17 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • In my opinion Wagholi is better then Undri.Wagholi is on Highway and also it is near to EON -a new road is proposed to wagholi from behind OF EON
    Undri is quite inside from highway and also property is costly there
    CommentQuote
  • somebody in other thread was saying that new location for new airport is Saswad road. If the news is correct, then Undri is future destination. But there is no confirmation on this news.
    CommentQuote
  • Both areas are crap!! They lack in infrastructure - Undri is total junk - I visited a few sites there - you can't find even a glass of drinking water in a radius of two kelometers forget about other basics!!!

Undri - next destination?? I am not sure why people get so excited about jungles like that??

Senior members pcpune, realacres, RajeshP, please throw some light on this topic!! Your help is needed.

Murtaza
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with Murtaza_t. Undri is uncessarily hyped up. The only reason it is pricey is because of the schools nearby. Undri also has lousy roads - all year round and nothing accessible in the vicinity until 4 kms. A better location would probably be wanawadi or fathimanagar.
    wagholi is far from the city. To reach Kalyani Nagar from wagholi it is 10 kms and takes about 30 minutes.
    A second sale within the city would be a better option.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Murtaza_t
    Both areas are crap!! They lack in infrastructure - Undri is total junk - I visited a few sites there - you can't find even a glass of drinking water in a radius of two kelometers forget about other basics!!!

Undri - next destination?? I am not sure why people get so excited about jungles like that??

Completely agree with Murtaza. Both areas are crap. Man, when Kharadi itself is far from developed, how can people even think about Wagholi & Undri which don't fall in PMC?? The villages merged in 1997 with PMC like Bavdhan, Balewadi, Vadgaon etc. still are waiting for the Development plans passed, & here we have locations outside PMC. How long do you want to hold?? 50 yrs?? Until & unless PMRDA is put in place, I won't recommend anyone going outside PMC/PCMC or cantonment limits.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

I know this is an year old thread but would need your expert advice again since both areas have changed a lot in last year and need to be checked again. I am looking to invest in 1bhk in either Undri or Wagholi but an unable to decide.

Many developers are flocking to Wagholi and Undri areas. In fact when i visited last week, i found many big developers launching their projects in both areas. The rate ranges from 2500/feet to 3500/feet in both areas.

Seeing the rate of development in last 1 yr, can anyone suggest which area will give better returns in lets say 3 - 6 years from now.

Are there any other areas in Pune where one can invest in 2500/feet to 3500/feet bracket ?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers.
    CommentQuote
  • I have seen appreciating more in wagholi......so for investment point of view I think wagholi would be a better option.

another point is that wagholi is on highway....closer to Eon IT park.....Hadapsar isn't too far away too.

Proximity to airport.

Then we have a number of schools and colleges coming up in the area so I think it would be a an educational hub.

Already quiet a number of school and college are operational.

Many manufacturing companies are also planning to set up there.

Undri is again a developing area and builders are increasing rates there by calling it NIBM annexe......
    So property rates might increase there when NIBM is saturated...
    any other point would b appreciated

:bab (4):
    CommentQuote
  • I seen one B U Bhandari project in Wagholi..this is horrible area and at least not going to liveable for 5-7 years. In that schema there is no water and builder supply water bottles who started living in that scheme. I asked Salesman how long this will go and he said there is world bank water project coming but it will take at least 3-4 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kingmanish
    I have seen appreciating more in wagholi......so for investment point of view I think wagholi would be a better option.

another point is that wagholi is on highway....closer to Eon IT park.....Hadapsar isn't too far away too.

Proximity to airport.

Then we have a number of schools and colleges coming up in the area so I think it would be a an educational hub.

Already quiet a number of school and college are operational.

Many manufacturing companies are also planning to set up there.

Undri is again a developing area and builders are increasing rates there by calling it NIBM annexe......
    So property rates might increase there when NIBM is saturated...
    any other point would b appreciated

:bab (4):

do u have a property there in Wagholi?
    CommentQuote
  • non sequitur - funny names these. undri - mrs mouse. manjri - cat. ghorpadi - lizard. wagholi - chinese tiger.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajtjrll
    do u have a property there in Wagholi?

Ha ha ha

No I am a broker trying to sell my project there :D:D:bab (4):

Boy I will not buy anything in wagholi or Undri because I am not an investor yet and looking for self use......
    So Wagholi or Undri r no good.............

these places r good for investors as they might get more appreciation there rather than already high rate areas......
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for your suggestions. I am now looking in other areas of Pune as well like Dhanori, etc. Will visit these areas and update you all :)

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • I think one should consider wagholi too.. logically this area is developing along the nagar road.. first koregaon park.. then kalyani nagar.. then viman nagar.. kharadi.. and now wagholi.. in fact development has been started in further areas like shikrapur and ranjangaon too..

one has to accept that it takes time for any area to get developed.. hence sometimes you need to have positive approach towards some things..
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

Have narrowed it down to 2 projects in Wagholi - Jade residencies and Kolte Patil's Umang . Any suggestions as to which one is better and should be preferred and why ?

Thanks in advance.
    CommentQuote
  • Ok here again i am in the Cross roads

Undri or Wagholi or Phursungi??

(adding one more)

please throw your suggestion
    CommentQuote