Collapse

Why should I settle in Pune

Last updated: September 3 2010
55 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Why should I settle in Pune

If you compare Hyderabad,Chennai ,Calcutta VS Pune OR for that matter maharashtra is way good than other three metros mentioned.

Pune(Maharashtra) ppl are definitely more cooperative than thsee three cities. Marashtrians will easily speak with you in hindi but if you go in other cities I don't think they will talk to you in hindi..

Bottomline Pune,mumbai maharashtra is 10times better to stay and settle down.

Forget about local pune politicos...if the time comes Congress coprporators will act differently with you... Don't mix politics with typical local professional ppl (working class ) . Professional pune ppl are always good to deal with any indian!

Again this is my personal opinion after seeing other cities.
    Last edited August 31 2010, 12:18 AM.

Comment

I don't recollect any incidence of act against non-Maharashtrian in Pune, in any newspaper. So why such kind of discussion starts ?
      I have stayed in Chennai, Banglore and Delhi. I have come across many incidences particularly in Chennai and Banglore. Onetime the bus conductor in Banglore was not listening my hindi deliberately to give me ticket. That was the last time I traveled by bus in Banglore. In another, the ricksha driver simply has not noticed me when I talk to him in Hindi when I was trying to board one.
      I never ever heard such kind of thing in Pune or also in Mumbai. So why this discussion ?

Comment

Yep, the MNS vs Bihari clashes were mainly focussed on low budget class, like blue collar workers and people who came to give railway exams etc. I have a few friends from UP who are now settled in Pune LONG time ago, and now living a very good life.

I have other reasons to doubt Pune's liveablility, like insane traffic and corrupt politicians, and even safety for a lone traveller (be it male or female) but regional safety is certainly a far off thought.

Personally, I love Pune for its temperature and possibility of living nearby your work place without having to sell your kidney. In Mumbai, may a times you can't even dream of having a flat near 40 mins of travelling of your workplace! In Pune, you will ALWAYS find something good to stay near 5-10 mins of workplace.

So I think don't worry too much about the regional clashes.

Comment

Pune is one of the safest cities to live in . If you've been in different cities , regions , countries then you should know that in return for the livelihood offered to you it is also your duty to respect the local language and culture . I've many friends from North and South of India settled in Pune/Maharashtra for generations . These people have blended into the local populace with ease . Don't blame a city or region based on a few personal experiences in few years as there are few rotten mangoes everywhere and opinions may be biased .Today you cannot guarantee livelihood only in the city or region that you were born . Kindly give respect to your karmabhoomi equally as to your janmabhoomi and you'll have a much better and peaceful life . By the way this is supposed to be an RE forum and the original post seems to be off the subject !
          Last edited August 31 2010, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Very well said , suryawork.
            Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
              Very well said , suryawork.
              I copy that !

Comment

I also have been stayed in many cities and even in Chennai. Even I found Chennai people are very cooperative they helped me in very critical situation. And main thing is thinking, If a person is going to differentiate you on the state basis means he will not stop at that point itself. If he meets his own state person then try to differentiate on the region, sub region, cast and bala bala. Divisions always have sub division. Even one of my friends is from Maharashtra but not from Pune. He says, look people say he is out sider in Pune. But yes it should not be a political agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurabh01 View Post
                  I also have been stayed in many cities and even in Chennai. Even I found Chennai people are very cooperative they helped me in very critical situation. And main thing is thinking, If a person is going to differentiate you on the state basis means he will not stop at that point itself. If he meets his own state person then try to differentiate on the region, sub region, cast and bala bala. Divisions always have sub division. Even one of my friends is from Maharashtra but not from Pune. He says, look people say he is out sider in Pune. But yes it should not be a political agenda.
                  when common people do it, it is not always because of hatred ... it is just because they are comfortable with others who are from the same background... this is a universal principle everywhere ... people prefer to be close with someone who understands their culture, customs, food and social behavior...

what is most important is, if one is at a place where the surrounding has different social norms, keep your specific items limited to yourself... Just because Pune has a 10 day Ganapati festival stopping most of the city, Punekar's dont do (or expect) that in other cities... but when people from other states try to communalize their specific customs, majority natives do not appreciate it.

Comment

Nice discussion here, a breadk from direct RE (though this is related to RE coz if all outsiders vanish, all builders too would vanish---- from their investors).

Anyways, from my experience, if you respect each other's language, cultures etc. you won't find any problem. The issue arises when I see North Indians, especially from UP-Bihar trying to make other states also as UP-Bihar kicks off dhishum-dhishum sequel. Ever seen MNS or locals for that matter acting against Rajasthani kiranawala/baniya, Gujju or Punjabi businessman or south Indian colleague?? Why is it that only UP-Bihar is the problem?? It is for the simple reason that people outside feel that you don't improve your own state & hence come here to spoil others'. Same thing can't be said about Gujarat/Punjab/Karnataka, as they are better or at par with Maharashtra.

UP-Biharis if make their own state good, will be then welcomed with open arms as the attitude towards them changes. It is the Lalus, Mullus & haathi chap behenjee which should be kicked out first.

Btw, I have booked Ganpati today. Though we don't have this in our family, because of my liking of Ganesh, the family has one now right from the day we stay here.
                    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by punerebuyer View Post
                      Just because Pune has a 10 day Ganapati festival stopping most of the city, Punekar's dont do (or expect) that in other cities... but when people from other states try to communalize their specific customs, majority natives do not appreciate it.
                      I don’t agree on that, I started celebrating the Ganapti festival from Noida. My landlord was from Maharashtra and celebrating it 11 days. You can’t say this. Even if you go in Delhi there is huge celebration of “Durga Pooja”. No one object you to celebrate the festivals.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X