Thanks Indian Real Estate Forum for providing an excellent platform where we can share our thoughts democratically and without fear.

I initiallly wanted to settle in Pune, and bought a property at Chakan (since my office was there). I had seen a lot of North Indians settling in Pune and thus made a choice.

However, looking at unfavorable external political factors, a highly biased public opinion and lot of lobby by locals in office against north Indians, I chose to opt out. Looking at the highly charged up events daily (see the news) and at most offices (well you have to work in Pune to find that out), I would not recommend any outsider to stay permanently.

It is good that Congress is ruling Maharashtra, but for how long? Sooner or later (in next elections), Shiv Sena would come in power alongwith MNS (Raj Thackeray), and looking at the way outsiders are treated in the State of Maharahstra at this time, I am not sure if we would command ANY respect.I love my wife and daughter, and for their safety, I would move out of this state within next 3 years.

This forum has many unbiased members...if anyone could enlighten if they feel the same way as I feel.
Read more
54 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by guddu1
    Control your temptation realacre you will gain nothing ,this is not a forum to be offensive against any community .

Man, sorry if I have hurt you, but this is what I understand. Seen cases where Bihari boys come to Mumbai despite the fact that they were getting good job in post office in their home state at same income, but for Biharis, it is matter of pride saying that their son is in Mumbai:- Hamar ladka bambai main hai.:D Note that not all are the same, but if this so called status symbol according Bihar is concerned is taken out, you will find atleast 25-30% dip in migration to Mumbai.

Btw, why the craps like Laloos target Mumbai by saying we will perform chat-pooja in Mumbai?? Doesn't he have any other work than produce children?? Why I hate these things is for the simple fact that Maharashtra & Gujarat contribute over 65% of total central taxes, but the central govt puts this money in Bemaru states. So, here we are paying taxes, working hard & who enjoys this money?? Bihar (where Laloos are many), Jharkhand (where CMs are like Koda who do scam & runs around later with a diaper & a**h**** like Shibu Soren aka Guruji who go underground every now & then) & UP (where Behenji is busy constructing statues rather than focussing on health, education & infra. Man, spending over INR 2700 Cr on statues , what the f***). Man, over 70% MLAs here are hardcore criminals, infact NCP chaps looks saint when compared to them, atleast they don't fire in the air with AK-56s.

Infact, I agree to health ministers' statement that population is growing coz there aren't enough TV sets to keep people entertained:D:D.
    CommentQuote
  • Realacres and Guddu whether UP/Bihar or Maharashtra, people should be ashamed of electing/selecting leaders ppl like Lallu/Mulayam/Behnji and Pawars/RR Patil :o

The fact is Delhi has better infra/metro where-as leading industrial cities of Mahrarashtra (Mumbai/Pune) are still struggling for infra for decades :o

If USA/Europe/Japan/Australia open VISAs, most of educated Indians irrespective of caste/creed will migrate to these countries/continents for better RE & good-quality life.

I think with dwindling population growth in west/japan, Indians' migration would increase.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Nice discussion here, a breadk from direct RE (though this is related to RE coz if all outsiders vanish, all builders too would vanish---- from their investors:D).

Anyways, from my experience, if you respect each other's language, cultures etc. you won't find any problem. The issue arises when I see North Indians, especially from UP-Bihar trying to make other states also as UP-Bihar kicks off dhishum-dhishum sequel:D. Ever seen MNS or locals for that matter acting against Rajasthani kiranawala/baniya, Gujju or Punjabi businessman or south Indian colleague?? Why is it that only UP-Bihar is the problem?? It is for the simple reason that people outside feel that you don't improve your own state & hence come here to spoil others'. Same thing can't be said about Gujarat/Punjab/Karnataka, as they are better or at par with Maharashtra.

UP-Biharis if make their own state good, will be then welcomed with open arms as the attitude towards them changes. It is the Lalus, Mullus & haathi chap behenjee which should be kicked out first.

Btw, I have booked Ganpati today:). Though we don't have this in our family, because of my liking of Ganesh, the family has one now right from the day we stay here:).

I echo your thoughts Realacres. Although not all UP/Biharis are like this, but your description suits to many of them.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amjamirs2
    I echo your thoughts Realacres. Although not all UP/Biharis are like this, but your description suits to many of them.

I think solution to this problem is development of states like UP and Bihar. If educated people from these states stay there and hold the bureaucrats in those state accountable and if possible bring good political leader in power the situation should change. I know this is not easy and it will be a gradual process. But this is one of the good solutions.
    CommentQuote
    Man, sorry if I have hurt you, but this is what I understand. Seen cases where Bihari boys come to Mumbai despite the fact that they were getting good job in post office in their home state at same income, but for Biharis, it is matter of pride saying that their son is in Mumbai:- Hamar ladka bambai main hai.:D Note that not all are the same, but if this so called status symbol according Bihar is concerned is taken out, you will find atleast 25-30% dip in migration to Mumbai.

Btw, why the craps like Laloos target Mumbai by saying we will perform chat-pooja in Mumbai?? Doesn't he have any other work than produce children?? Why I hate these things is for the simple fact that Maharashtra & Gujarat contribute over 65% of total central taxes, but the central govt puts this money in Bemaru states. So, here we are paying taxes, working hard & who enjoys this money?? Bihar (where Laloos are many), Jharkhand (where CMs are like Koda who do scam & runs around later with a diaper & a**h**** like Shibu Soren aka Guruji who go underground every now & then) & UP (where Behenji is busy constructing statues rather than focussing on health, education & infra. Man, spending over INR 2700 Cr on statues , what the f***). Man, over 70% MLAs here are hardcore criminals, infact NCP chaps looks saint when compared to them, atleast they don't fire in the air with AK-56s.

Infact, I agree to health ministers' statement that population is growing coz there aren't enough TV sets to keep people entertained:D:D.

Man I am not hurt just requested you not to discuss these things in this a forum ,as every one will want have last word and we will reach no where,
    Also generalizing on the basis of politician is not proper you have bad and good leaders, scammers every where as good and bad people are every where .It does not behoove a mature respectable person to pass comment on the basis of gender region religion cast creed etc.
    Public forums are not a place to discuss your biases ,inhibitions towards a community
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by HemantDesh
    I think solution to this problem is development of states like UP and Bihar. If educated people from these states stay there and hold the bureaucrats in those state accountable and if possible bring good political leader in power the situation should change. I know this is not easy and it will be a gradual process. But this is one of the good solutions.

Of course, if all states are developed well, the need for migration will be very less and hence it will help resolve the problem. But stopping migration could not be possible. And migration is also helpfull to all as you get to now each other's cultures and learn good things.

Problem here is the attitude of migrants as well as locals. When a person migrates to new place, he must try to mix completely with the local culture. This doesn't mean he has to go away from his own culture or traditions. A very good example is of Parsi community. They migrated to India centuries back and got mixed into the local community very well. They also continued with their own traditions and beliefs.
    Locals also should not see migrants as a threat to them. They should understand the confusion of a newcomer into their locality and help them settle down.
    On contrary to this we can see some migrants not at all trying to miz in the local culture. They do not pay respect to local laws or local traditions.
    Some of the locals too misbehave with the migrant people. Most of which is because of political motivation.
    Its the need for change in attitude.:bab (38):
    CommentQuote
  • Let's not do any community bashing. No community is inferior or superior. Both Sachin & Sehwag play for India, and belong to the whole country. It is the politicians (like SS/ MNS) who have partly been successful in creating divide among people.

Why do we forget that english ruled us for centuries with just one policy- DIVIDE AND RULE ? Otherewise, we would have been better than the west today.
      Why Maharashtra developed faster than others- ONLY BECAUSE OF BOMBAY. It is historically documented, proved and agreed that British developed Bombay, and has the first mover advantage. So more than Marathi/ Gujarati/ Parsi, the first credit goes to British.
      Anyway, if you see the recent Marathi flick -'Me Shivajirao Bhosle Boltoy', you would understand that Maharashtrians are not particularly enterprising more than any other class. We are all equal.
      Recently, a member of Planning Commission of India was reported in Times of India(pune edition) that Maharashtra is not particularly wealthy compared to other states.
      Let's recognize the contribution of migrant labour of bihar, UP, WB, Orrisa in building cities like Mumbai/ Delhi rather than taunting them.
      Only one request, as educated netizens & Indians, let us all come together in condemning ALL communal parties (which are founded on DIVIDE & RULE) including SS/MNS.Only one request, as educated netizens & Indians, let us all come together in condemning ALL communal parties (which are founded on DIVIDE & RULE) including SS/MNS.Only one request, as educated netizens & Indians, let us all come together in condemning ALL communal parties (which are founded on DIVIDE & RULE) including SS/MNS.Only one request, as educated netizens & Indians, let us all come together in condemning ALL communal parties (which are founded on DIVIDE & RULE) including SS/MNS.Only one request, as educated netizens & Indians, let us all come together in condemning ALL communal parties (which are founded on DIVIDE & RULE) including SS/MNS.Only one request, as educated netizens & Indians, let us all come together in condemning ALL communal parties (which are founded on DIVIDE & RULE) including SS/MNS.Only one request, as educated netizens & Indians, let us all come together in condemning ALL communal parties (which are founded on DIVIDE & RULE) including SS/MNS.Only one request, as educated netizens & Indians, let us all come together in condemning ALL communal parties (which are founded on DIVIDE & RULE) including SS/MNS.
    CommentQuote

Do you think Pawar & RR Patil or say Balasaheb or your MNS Gunda "Raj" Thakre a little better than Lalu & Behenji?? In my view all are same...Nikamme & nalayak...

Even your dear Pawar has connection with Dawood & company & he & his chela Chhagan Bhujbal get money by extortion from mumbai & Pune's builders...

Plz dont have such a strong feeling towards any community due to their so call Neta (I dont call them leaders, leader is who lead, these ppls dont lead ONLY threaten to get Vote )...Maharashtra politicians are equally useless like behenji in UP...Mumbai & Pune & surrounding area is a bit developed due to mumbai, if you see other part of Maharashtra like vidhrava, max farmer suicide happened in that part of India, so why Maharashtra leader do something for those POOR farmers...it happening when we have our agriculture Minister from Maharashtra itself...

So, I request you please don't have such a strong feeling towards bhaiyyas or Bhiharis...and don't play divide & rule politics on this forum...
    CommentQuote
  • Yea, Maharashtrians should be thankful to UP/Bihar/WB/Orrissa but they can not and should not expect thankful behavior from UP/Bihar guys; in return they should change their language to Hindi; they should give up their history,culture and their nativity and adopt what UP/Bihar folks want. If they don't want to follow UP/Bihar guys; they should be labelled as communals
    CommentQuote
  • From your remarks Puser, it seems the bitterness in hearts of Marathi people against UP/ Bihar has become really deep-hearted, AND WE ARE INDEED A HIGHLY COMMUNAL SOCIETY.
    No wonder, Taiwan surpassed us in 70s and China in 90s. But not even educated people care to think.
    Let us recall a historical fact. Germans blindly believed in Hitler (inspite of his 'tactics'/ 'style'- a favourate word of Raj Thakray), and look what happened to them. On the night when allied forces invaded Germany, about 12 lakh german women were raped by allied forces, and their beloved leader hitler was hiding in a secret barrack.
    It takes a lot of maturity to learn from history.
    CommentQuote
  • :bab (30): :bab (29):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ash7979

Even your dear Pawar has connection with Dawood & company & he & his chela Chhagan Bhujbal get money by extortion from mumbai & Pune's builders...

How do you know? Do you have any proof? Are you one among these extorted builder or are you Mr Dawood? :D
    You ask people for giving proof for just writing what price they where quoted.:D:D and call their writing as "Rubbish"
    CommentQuote
  • Get back to RE...

I think the moderator should drop this topic.

There are enough forums to voice comments for / against migrations...

Let this one stick to RE...

My 2 cents...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SmallFish
    I think the moderator should drop this topic.

There are enough forums to voice comments for / against migrations...

Let this one stick to RE...

My 2 cents...

I second that. Moderator should lock this thread, since its causing heartburn to many.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear all

My replies were in sarcastic nature; this reaction was aroused by constant targeting of Maharashtra, its people and its politicians for neglecting north Indian or doing not enough to make it safe for them while there is total mum on north India's politicans, I have requested Admin to remove this thread since this is getting uglier.

Thanks
    CommentQuote