Thanks Indian Real Estate Forum for providing an excellent platform where we can share our thoughts democratically and without fear.

I initiallly wanted to settle in Pune, and bought a property at Chakan (since my office was there). I had seen a lot of North Indians settling in Pune and thus made a choice.

However, looking at unfavorable external political factors, a highly biased public opinion and lot of lobby by locals in office against north Indians, I chose to opt out. Looking at the highly charged up events daily (see the news) and at most offices (well you have to work in Pune to find that out), I would not recommend any outsider to stay permanently.

It is good that Congress is ruling Maharashtra, but for how long? Sooner or later (in next elections), Shiv Sena would come in power alongwith MNS (Raj Thackeray), and looking at the way outsiders are treated in the State of Maharahstra at this time, I am not sure if we would command ANY respect.I love my wife and daughter, and for their safety, I would move out of this state within next 3 years.

This forum has many unbiased members...if anyone could enlighten if they feel the same way as I feel.
Read more
54 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • All you readers ...

Stop being fool and illiterate .....

Politician are trying age old trick to divide...

One who is really concerned about its people will not let them die for suicide etc....

and these post gathering numbers ....
    slowly all started falling prey ...

even I was jumping to write something ...

Control yourself.....

Divide sect in a religion and you have Iraq.....

Humans will never be able to win over this emotional flaw ....

If there is further discussion on this .....
    then one is prey to political biscuit ..
    Give a limited thinking person a biscuit in form of benefit .. and there lies your country .....

there is a new caste in humanity .... Politician caste ....
    This is no different then British rulers...... our country is worse then their rein ... only thing different .... there we had a difference of creed ...

its only work is to
    divide and win ...
    divert and win ....

and you can identify that caste very easily...
    white cloths ... SUV... Rule breaker .....

There are some leaders/visionary too in that ..... who have evolved...

you need example .... Rhine is shared between so many countries now ....
    are there any fight over water in recent times ... ?
    here states are fighting ..... :o
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kothrud_pune
    This is why we want Raj here...to fight with Lalu /Behenji mentality.....if one thinks they improved Maharastra...why don't the brainless people improve there own state......

I have many white collared friends from UP/Bihar...they never felt any issue here....but all other (Behenji and MusalmanSing followers) r spoiling our state ....it's time to throw them out and clean the state..

RealAcres...u have said it right..

You remind me the Al-Qaeda word “Islam Khatre Main Hai”. Boss no one is stopping you to speak you regional language.
    You know one thing, the local builder also prefer the out sider labor. Agar koi mar jata hai to bhi koi puchne wala na rahata. If they involve local and s/he died then they have to pay some amount to them.
    Sab apna phayada dekhte hain either the builder, businessman or Neta .. No one is doing anything here for Punya.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Saurabh01
    You remind me the Al-Qaeda word “Islam Khatre Main Hai”. Boss no one is stopping you to speak you regional language.
    You know one thing, the local builder also prefer the out sider labor. Agar koi mar jata hai to bhi koi puchne wala na rahata. If they involve local and s/he died then they have to pay some amount to them.
    Sab apna phayada dekhte hain either the builder, businessman or Neta .. No one is doing anything here for Punya.

STOP

we all are a laughing stock for Politicos .... give a spark and there it is
    lets don't be....

We never became united and never will ??
    While Builders are .... think over it ...
    CommentQuote
  • :bab (3)::bab (29)::bab (30)::bab (66):

Please do not use this forum for such discussions.
    Appealing to all members to refrain from initiating threads for such topics & posting for the existing threads.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Whatever,u r saying is an emotional issue for many, but i suppose this has to be an individual's decision.

It's better to keep out politics , from the discussions in the forum, as political discussions tend to become real messy/dirty & the objective of this forum is not served too & gets defeated.

This is my personal view.

Moderators,

Request lock/delete this thread , immediately. It's getting really ugly.
    CommentQuote
  • Its better to return to our routine discussions...... RE

:bab (3):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by HemantDesh
    This example shows that it was celebrated on individual level. This is normally done not only in Noida but any part of the world. You can do this even you settle in Czec Republic.
    This doesn't justify that some people do some celebrations to make a political statement. And the problem starts when such kind of thing occur. I dont think Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated anywhere outside Maharashtra to make political statement. That's the difference. And thats why Maharashtra is the best state in this regard.

Being Over Suspicious or having inferiority complex .....
    Some festival have tradition of being celebrated in group like Ganesh puja/Chatt Puja .Politician do politics about it so its fine target them but not people.
    CommentQuote
  • Seeing some of the replies in this thread, now i know why politicians like Raj thakeray and others are very relevant. They will feed off this angst and create further divisions.
    Also, i don't understand this fuss about "my state is the best" rhetoric. Grow up, shall we .. and stop this thread right here.

ThreadStarter:: I am sure you have been unlucky in your work environment. I stayed in pune for 4 years and never came across something like this. The local populace(the ones living there for ages and with lower middle/middle class bearings) in every place might come across as unfriendly if you don't try to understand them or don't imbibe their customs. As they say "Mathura mei rehna hai toh radhe radhe kehna hai" (Please don't take any religious implications - Just quoting it :) )
    CommentQuote
  • enough people
    CommentQuote