Thanks Indian Real Estate Forum for providing an excellent platform where we can share our thoughts democratically and without fear.

I initiallly wanted to settle in Pune, and bought a property at Chakan (since my office was there). I had seen a lot of North Indians settling in Pune and thus made a choice.

However, looking at unfavorable external political factors, a highly biased public opinion and lot of lobby by locals in office against north Indians, I chose to opt out. Looking at the highly charged up events daily (see the news) and at most offices (well you have to work in Pune to find that out), I would not recommend any outsider to stay permanently.

It is good that Congress is ruling Maharashtra, but for how long? Sooner or later (in next elections), Shiv Sena would come in power alongwith MNS (Raj Thackeray), and looking at the way outsiders are treated in the State of Maharahstra at this time, I am not sure if we would command ANY respect.I love my wife and daughter, and for their safety, I would move out of this state within next 3 years.

This forum has many unbiased members...if anyone could enlighten if they feel the same way as I feel.
Read more
54 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
No replies found.