Hello everyone,

First off - apologies for the longish post.

Recently joined this forum, and have gone through some very informative threads. I have moved to Pune from Mumbai recently, and am seriously liking it so far. Mumbai has gotten far too crowded.

After having lived in rental apartment in Roseland Residency in Pimple Saudagar for the last 11 months, am planning to buy a property in Pune. Need help on the localities to go for. I am looking for a Ready-to-move or resale properties. In terms of size, I am inclining towards a 3 BHK property if I can get it for around 90-95 lakhs. But I have also seen some enormous 2BHK flats while looking for rental places. I have lived in Mumbai all my life, and my 3BHK carpet in Mumbai was 730 sqft. Pune people would laugh at that size. Seriously, the size of houses is so fantastic in Pune, compared to the Mumbai pigeonholes. So a spacious 2BHK should also be fine.

In terms of localities - this is where I am confused. I have explored areas of Baner, Pimple Saudagar, Pimple Gaurav, Wakad, Bavdhan - these make sense considering I work in Hinjewadi. But I don't mind if the place is a little far from Hinjewadi too.

Water seems to be a problem. These days we get only 3 hours of water in Roseland, that too borewell water. So a society that has somehow mitigated this problem - storage tanks inside the house maybe? would be great.

I am also not looking for too many amenities. But a "large" society is important, so that my parents can socialize with folks

Lastly, a good school closeby is required. (important in the near future)

PS - I am also scouting the internet for the documentation that I will have to look for while buying a house. But any ready reckoners here will help
Read more
47 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Modiji

First and foremost - please pay Pune price for pune flat not Mumbai price for pune flat .

Roseland is a good society to consider . Buy flat which has more carpet area rather than terrace size .

If you're looking for good schools they are mostly in central and south Pune . PCMC mostly has new private schools with high fees and and teacher quality is below average .

Per your budget :

In pcmc you can look for ravet , tathawade in addition to areas you've mentioned .

In pune you can look to south pune .
    CommentQuote
  • I had prepared a check list in 2012 and posted it on the forum
    If you wish you can look at this link and add few more as per changes in laws/rules which have taken place:https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/pune-real-estate/23239-what-all-should-a-buyer-check-before-buying-a-new-flat?t=25437
    CommentQuote
  • I can suggest you a few Ready to Move projects.

Blue Ridge - In case you want to stay in Hinjewadi, this is good. Go through the Blue ridge thread for more details
    Padamjee Greens, Near Dange Chowk: Spacious flats, good society and unexpectedly feedback from the residents has been very good.
    Apostrophe in Wakad - All flats sold out. check if you can get some info about Resale flats. Quite a few are available. One of the best societies in Wakad considering the construction quality. A complete Value for Money project.
    Kalpataru Harmony near wakad - Many Ready to Move flat are available here, have seen the construction quality. It's good. Only drawback being the bogie like building structure
    Pristine ProLife Phase 1 (Phase 2 is not worth) - Check if you can find some investor flats here. Spacious 2 and 3 BHKs.
    Mirchandani Palms - The only project in Pimple Saudagar which I found worth. Spacious rooms, good and well maintained society. You might get resale flats here

All the above suggested are based on :
    1. Your budget of 95 lakhs is quite good
    2. These projects have good social life, and your parents will not feel left out.
    3. Schools available nearby.

There may be many more, however I personally would have liked to own a flat in one of the above.

Cheers, good luck :)
    CommentQuote
  • 3 bhk flat in apostrophe, blue ridge or harmony would be going north of 1 cr. Even a 2 bhk in harmony would burn a hole of roughly 95 l in your pocket.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MIshi0214
    3 bhk flat in apostrophe, blue ridge or harmony would be going north of 1 cr. Even a 2 bhk in harmony would burn a hole of roughly 95 l in your pocket.

Just to add someone recently sold 2BHK in Harmony at ~ 83-84L
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MIshi0214
    3 bhk flat in apostrophe, blue ridge or harmony would be going north of 1 cr. Even a 2 bhk in harmony would burn a hole of roughly 95 l in your pocket.

Absolutely. 3 BHKs in the mentioned schemes will go above 1 crore. Since he's also OK with a spacious 2 BHK, Apostrophe and Harmony will be good to have a look at.
    CommentQuote
  • Here is my list for 3 BHK around 95L... slightly up/down, with similar requirement, see if this helps..

Area Projects

Wakad
    Park Titanium
    Park Turquoise
    Kalpataru Harmony
    Kalpataru Splendour
    The Woods
    Kasturi Apostrpohe
    Mont Vert Tropez
    Malpani Greens
    Park Ivory

pls let me know if we can add any other suitable project to the list.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suryawork
    Modiji

First and foremost - please pay Pune price for pune flat not Mumbai price for pune flat .

Roseland is a good society to consider . Buy flat which has more carpet area rather than terrace size .

If you're looking for good schools they are mostly in central and south Pune . PCMC mostly has new private schools with high fees and and teacher quality is below average .

Per your budget :

In pcmc you can look for ravet , tathawade in addition to areas you've mentioned .

In pune you can look to south pune .

Ravet is further away from Pune than Wakad/Pimple Saudagar right? If so, might not go there. I have no idea where tathawade is. I would prefer scaling down to a 2BHK for budget rather than move away from the city.

And agree on terrace size. Being from Mumbai... I have no concept of a terrace! We had converted it and made it a part of our living room in Mumbai (like everyone else :) ) A little one to sit and sip tea in is fine... But can't afford to waste square feet on it!

What are the "areas" that I should look up in Central and South Pune, please? Also, will those areas have better water availability than in PCMC?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shrikant2212
    Absolutely. 3 BHKs in the mentioned schemes will go above 1 crore. Since he's also OK with a spacious 2 BHK, Apostrophe and Harmony will be good to have a look at.

Blue Ridge seems to be a very premium project... I really have no need of a swimming pool and golf course. So does Harmony. I could very well go for a 2BHK in these projects... but I am sure maintenance will be a bomb here. I would much rather go for a society which has a larger open area instead of swimming pool. Tennis/Badminton court and Table Tennis instead of a "state-of-art clubhouse". Minimizing maintenance cost is important. Besides, where is the water to fill up swimming pools.

Trouble is, all new projects throw in every amenity they can think of. That might mean I look at 5-8 year old projects... when, frankly, practicality of the project, and focus on the house itself was probably more important.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by himanshumodi
    Ravet is further away from Pune than Wakad/Pimple Saudagar right? If so, might not go there. I have no idea where tathawade is. I would prefer scaling down to a 2BHK for budget rather than move away from the city.

And agree on terrace size. Being from Mumbai... I have no concept of a terrace! We had converted it and made it a part of our living room in Mumbai (like everyone else :) ) A little one to sit and sip tea in is fine... But can't afford to waste square feet on it!

What are the "areas" that I should look up in Central and South Pune, please? Also, will those areas have better water availability than in PCMC?

Yes it is about about 20 km from Pune station compared to 15 km from Pimple Saudagar .
    Hinjewadi is 11 km from Ravet in PCMC compared to 9 km from Pimple Saudagar though travel time will be the same and cost psf a 1000 rs less .
    Nigdi Pradhikaran is also an excellent area in PCMC .

Areas which are near to IT park east and west will cost you both in price and maintenance plus higher living costs . Most of these areas whether in pmc or pcmc get an hour of water supply per day and water tankers are regular .

Look at resales in Pune at Kothrud , Wanowrie if you dont mind travelling .
    CommentQuote
  • Try Park Royale. It is a good society in Pimple Saudagar and should fit your budget for 2BHK.
    CommentQuote
    Hello everyone,

First off - apologies for the longish post.

Recently joined this forum, and have gone through some very informative threads. I have moved to Pune from Mumbai recently, and am seriously liking it so far. Mumbai has gotten far too crowded.

After having lived in rental apartment in Roseland Residency in Pimple Saudagar for the last 11 months, am planning to buy a property in Pune. Need help on the localities to go for. I am looking for a Ready-to-move or resale properties. In terms of size, I am inclining towards a 3 BHK property if I can get it for around 90-95 lakhs. But I have also seen some enormous 2BHK flats while looking for rental places. I have lived in Mumbai all my life, and my 3BHK carpet in Mumbai was 730 sqft. Pune people would laugh at that size. Seriously, the size of houses is so fantastic in Pune, compared to the Mumbai pigeonholes. So a spacious 2BHK should also be fine.

In terms of localities - this is where I am confused. I have explored areas of Baner, Pimple Saudagar, Pimple Gaurav, Wakad, Bavdhan - these make sense considering I work in Hinjewadi. But I don't mind if the place is a little far from Hinjewadi too.

Water seems to be a problem. These days we get only 3 hours of water in Roseland, that too borewell water. So a society that has somehow mitigated this problem - storage tanks inside the house maybe? would be great.

I am also not looking for too many amenities. But a "large" society is important, so that my parents can socialize with folks

Lastly, a good school closeby is required. (important in the near future)

PS - I am also scouting the internet for the documentation that I will have to look for while buying a house. But any ready reckoners here will help

---- Pune people would laugh at that size. Seriously, the size of houses is so fantastic in Pune, compared to the Mumbai pigeonholes.

I guess Pune people also laugh when Mumbai people say that size of houses is so fantastic in Pune. Pune flats are pigeon holes these days. Seems like Pune builders are learning well from Mumbai builders. :D
    standard001; and shrikant2212; made a good list. But I guess you will have to stretch beyond 1 Cr. Taxes extra.

What about a 2.5 bhk in kalpataru splendor. I guess they have 2.5 bhk. Check them out.

On a side note, Both Kalpataru projects seem to be priced heavily for the construction quality, and layout. I saw a flat for sale once in harmony. I found seepage in the bedroom walls adjoining the bathroom. Guess it is still better than average. The average in Pune is so low that even Kalpataru looks good in comparison.
    CommentQuote
    Blue Ridge seems to be a very premium project... I really have no need of a swimming pool and golf course. So does Harmony. I could very well go for a 2BHK in these projects... but I am sure maintenance will be a bomb here. I would much rather go for a society which has a larger open area instead of swimming pool. Tennis/Badminton court and Table Tennis instead of a "state-of-art clubhouse". Minimizing maintenance cost is important. Besides, where is the water to fill up swimming pools.

Trouble is, all new projects throw in every amenity they can think of. That might mean I look at 5-8 year old projects... when, frankly, practicality of the project, and focus on the house itself was probably more important.

Himanshu: please check Balewadi Area which is parallel area of Baner and nearer to Hinjewadi. I have been scouting the areas you mentioned above for almost the same budget. If you dont want covered parking, there are couple of flats available in Elite empire(7-8 years old) Balewadi which you can get 82-85 before registration but it comes with open car parking. You can check 99acres for balewadi area. you will see some good options.Plus since balewadi is part of smart city project it will be good in terms of water avilability in future and there is a link in future to connect balewadi and wakad which can be used to go to hinjewadi. You can pm me and i can guide if you want. I have visited quite a lot of societies in balewadi.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by saikris
    Himanshu: please check Balewadi Area which is parallel area of Baner and nearer to Hinjewadi. I have been scouting the areas you mentioned above for almost the same budget. If you dont want covered parking, there are couple of flats available in Elite empire(7-8 years old) Balewadi which you can get 82-85 before registration but it comes with open car parking. You can check 99acres for balewadi area. you will see some good options.Plus since balewadi is part of smart city project it will be good in terms of water avilability in future and there is a link in future to connect balewadi and wakad which can be used to go to hinjewadi. You can pm me and i can guide if you want. I have visited quite a lot of societies in balewadi.

Please help me suggest good project in balewadi (ready to move in only)

so far i have shortlisted
    Park Xpress, but didn't like it.
    Myworld - noted there is bio-gas plant etc nearby
    iris - any thoughts?
    any other similar lines

Thx
    CommentQuote
  • standard001; himanshumodi;

If you are looking in Balewadi consider resales at Vanshaj Kiona - this was the best project I came across during my search 6 years ago . I didn't buy because the only ones available were on top floor at the time .
    CommentQuote