Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

area calculations

Collapse
X
Collapse

area calculations

Last updated: September 14 2010
7 | Posts
4714 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • area calculations

    Can anybody throw light on how builders calculate area of a flat. carpet area, built up area, super built up area, sealable area. Is there any thumb rule for it? In addition to this whether 100% balcony area is counted or 50%
  • #2

    #2

    Re : area calculations

    Originally posted by amiya_anju View Post
    Can anybody throw light on how builders calculate area of a flat. carpet area, built up area, super built up area, sealable area. Is there any thumb rule for it? In addition to this whether 100% balcony area is counted or 50%
    Dear Amiya_anju,
    Area of the flat calculated by adding up areas for all rooms, passages inside flat, balconies, toilets etc taking dimensions as unfinished to unfinished will give you Carpet Area. Area which gets consumed below wall thickness, common lobby areas, lift shafts, staircase etc are proportionately charged as Builtup Area. (this varies from 25% to 40% on individual basis)
    Terraces as per MOFA should be charged 1/3 but mostly it is charged either 50% or now even 100% (on individual basis). Balconies are charged 100%.
    Jitendra Pethkar | Pethkar Projects

    Comment

    • #3

      #3

      Re : area calculations

      Originally posted by Jitu_Sir View Post
      Terraces as per MOFA should be charged 1/3 but mostly it is charged either 50% or now even 100% (on individual basis). Balconies are charged 100%.
      what is difference between balconies & terrace ?

      Comment

      • #4

        #4

        Re : area calculations

        Area of the flat ?

        The carpet area is the actual usable area .
        The builtup area is carpet area + all the area occupied by inside and outside walls.
        The super builtup area is buitup area +area covered by comman passage common staircases, lifts etc.
        Terraces are charged by buider as per their own calculations.

        However the calculation of builtup and superbuiltup is guesstimate and buiders add more area than justified.

        Comment

        • #5

          #5

          Re : area calculations

          Originally posted by mahesh pune View Post
          what is difference between balconies & terrace ?
          Dear mahesh pune,
          Balconies are covered by slab while terraces are open to sky (double height)
          Jitendra Pethkar | Pethkar Projects

          Comment

          • #6

            #6

            Re : area calculations

            Originally posted by Jitu_Sir View Post
            Dear mahesh pune,
            Balconies are covered by slab while terraces are open to sky (double height)
            In Pune all apartments are coming with big terrace but no balconies. In mumbai apartments have balconies , hardly terrace flats. Is this anything related to FSI applicable ?

            Comment

            • #7

              #7

              Re : area calculations

              Covered balconies require utilisation of FSI.
              Terraces do not consume FSI and a major source of making money where
              buider only spent construction cost and charges % of sq. ft. cost which include cost of FSI.

              Comment

              • #8

                #8

                Re : area calculations

                All this is nonsense, builders should be selling on CARPET area only. In Bangalore, they already ARE selling on 90-95% CARPET area (at 2000 to 3000 rs per sq feet) and ALSO advertising the same. In pune, the prices are THUS 50% higher than OTHER cities -- REALLY a RIP-OFF.

                Comment

                Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X