Last updated: September 28 2010
11 | Posts
6668 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhythm Housing Society - Kalewadi Phata

Hi,

I am looking to buy a 3 BHK (~ 1400 sqft) in rhythm housing society, kalewadi phata, wakad.

How is this property?

Whats the price it commands?

pros & cons

kindly pour in your thoughts.

Thanks

Re : Rhythm Housing Society - Kalewadi Phata

1. Builder is Pride - Check for quality issues.
    2. Maintenance - This soc has sinking fund charges + monthly maintenance both.
    3. Soc. had some dispute with the builder w.r.t. a new building built in open space earlier allocated to the scheme during bookings.

Personally, I am not a big fan of Kalewadi Chowk area. Too much crowded with labors and others. One just can't just take a walk outside in the evening with spouse and kids.

Comment

Originally posted by sno247 View Post
      1. Builder is Pride - Check for quality issues.
      2. Maintenance - This soc has sinking fund charges + monthly maintenance both.
      3. Soc. had some dispute with the builder w.r.t. a new building built in open space earlier allocated to the scheme during bookings.

Personally, I am not a big fan of Kalewadi Chowk area. Too much crowded with labors and others. One just can't just take a walk outside in the evening with spouse and kids.
      Thanks...
      1. Quality issues - need to check.
      2. I enquired about the maintenance charges (+ sinking fund) ~ 30,000 per year.
      3. Again need to check... as of now didn't see any construction activity going on.
      There are 3 blocks A(2 bldg) ,B (3 bldg) ,C (1 bldg)
      I do agree that ambience outside society is not good for families but found society to be good in terms of open area & connectivity.

Comment

I've lived in this society for sometime .
        Good Points :
        1. Location : Excellent location just by the road , can use bus service easily . Markets , Hospitals are all near and the prices of commodities and transport are not overhyped as in Pimple Saudagar just 2 kms down .
        2. Number of buildings and flats are not too less nor too crowd which I personally like .
        3. Nice gardens and open areas with ample walking place .
        4. People are cosmopolitan , and inside the society gate you have ample peace .
        5. Buildings are only 6-7 floors .

Bad Points :
        1. Pride purple - This builder charges at least couple of 100 psf more than others and the construction quality is not good . For proof u might just look at the cracks and decorations on buildings B1,B2,B3 . Check the flat u want to buy for leakages . The society is hardly about 3 years old and this should not happen really .
        2. Society gets tankered water supply for usage water .
        3. Maintenance is high , mainly due to water problems . Security is just few village people standing on the gate and allowing salesman to come to your door .
        4. Surrounding area outside the gate is filthy and there is a wine shop just outside the society gate .
        5. There is no provision to manage rain water . So rain and other water logs in parking space . Check building C - First floor has big flats . So rain water logging from terrace of these flats also gets logged in the building entrance lobby .

By the way, what is the price that you are being asked ?
        Last edited September 23 2010, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I would say avoid that project. Its not in a good location. 3BHK will cost you nothing less than 45L if I am not mistaken. Its not worth putting so much money in kalewadi and that too on the bad side of kalewadi. You should rather think of increasing budget by few lacks and buying in Pimple Saudagar or Wakad. Secondly Pride Purple have quality issues and high maintenance in their projects. The exterior look might impress you but the flats themselves are nothing gr8 to write about for the price that they are charging.

Comment

Even I noticed the tankers coming into society. I also believe that maint. fees is high because of this reason.

There is a wine shop & a beer bar as well adjacent to the society.

for 3 BHK a peson has quoted around 50 L.

Comment

Originally posted by ravi_bubkiya View Post
              Even I noticed the tankers coming into society. I also believe that maint. fees is high because of this reason.

There is a wine shop & a beer bar as well adjacent to the society.

for 3 BHK a peson has quoted around 50 L.
              Actually if you check Rhythm is in Wakad , not Kalewadi even if it is Kalewadi Phata . Kalewadi is about 3 kms on the right . This area definitely has more potential and connectivity than Pimple Saudagar . Check the size of the road coming up here and its also going to a commercial square . My belief is lot of filth around would be cleaned in next few years .

Wakad rates are currently quoted at around 3000-3500 psf . So for a resale flat it should be a bit lesser , but not 3500 psf . I think 45-46L can be the all inclusive price(including brokerage , stamp+reg , NOC and any other stuff) for 3 BHK here if the flat and building is in excellent condition .

Pls take an informed decision as in this budget you can find good options in resale in already developed areas .

Comment

I do believe that this area has got potential on up side whereas construction quality as pointed by most of the members, water (tankers) issue, high maintenance charges are the minus point.

Another observation: As road is getting widened & re-layered, society gate level to road level has got considerable difference. What could be the future implication (water logging)?

A high tension line also passes through this society

There is problem with lifts in absence of electricity may be diesel issues.

still society ambience is very good. so definitely there is a trade off.
                Last edited September 23 2010, 04:10 PM.

Comment

The Woods

Ravi,
                  Have you checked for resale at 'The Woods' on the same road after Parkstreet. I think you will get the best of all you and others have mentioned above in Mahindra Woods.

"The Woods" is the best project in Wakad hands down. Well actually its on the extreme north eastern border of Wakad north of Park Street so its not in the interior of Wakad per se. There is road widening work going on the approach road to the society which I think should be completely completed by this time next year. This will change this area completely.

This project was completed two years back so you can only get resale properties here but its worth each penny, here's why:

-best location in terms of connectivity, daily living needs(at highly reasonable rates since its 500 meters from Kalewadi chowk), public transport available outside the society (PCMC buses if one so wishes and six seaters with an 8 bucks trip to Parihar chowk)

-20% of total land in Woods is for Amenities with the best Amenity to users ratio

-5 to 6 storeyed buildings with good quality construction around the periphery with Row houses and amenity in the center, gives ample light and ventilation. also buildings of this height are fairly easy for upkeep and maintenance

-highest green cover of all the societies in this area

-4 KM from Hinjewadi and Aditya Birla memorial hospital

-5 KM from Pimpri railway station and Wholesale vegetable market; a 10 bucks share auto ride

- exactly 2.5 hours car ride from Bombay(Dadar)

- won awards for the best kept society two years in a row

I can go on and on and on coz there's a lot, trust me. However, I request you to go and visit "The Woods". It is the best out there. There are many Investor flats which keep coming up for sale from time to time. The current going rate all inclusive, since these are resales is, 3800 to 4200. I think its a zillion times better than paying a 3500 - 4000 in resale for Park Street, etc again all inclusive.

Cheers,

NT

Comment

Originally posted by perrenialquest View Post
                    The current going rate all inclusive, since these are resales is, 3800 to 4200. I think its a zillion times better than paying a 3500 - 4000 in resale for Park Street, etc again all inclusive.

Cheers,

NT
                    Agree with you on the points but as far as rates are concerned, they were no more than 3200 till Mar this year. If the demand is 3800+, then better come to more better areas. Though woods is good project in this area, 3800+ is a rip off. Just because Maruti 800 is priced at 10L doesn't mean you pay 15L for Wagon-R!! Hope you got the point.
                    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X