Hello All,

I am going to buy a 1000 sqft land near by Jagtap diary circle. Can anyone tell me things to be checked before buying it.
what are the paper work and other formalities needs to be done while buying it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nitin
Read more
16 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • What are you going to build on 1000 sq. ft land ? I am sure you can not build a bunglow or flat scheme on such a small area plot !
    CommentQuote
  • Why not? Any reason a 1 guntha plot can't be used for banglow? I think it will make a nice banglow, and much better than to put your money in builders' account.

snitin: Do a title search report from a reputed lawyer first, before you commit anything. It may cost you 2500-5000, but will save you a LOT of hessle.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ani_meher
    Why not? Any reason a 1 guntha plot can't be used for banglow? I think it will make a nice banglow, and much better than to put your money in builders' account.

snitin: Do a title search report from a reputed lawyer first, before you commit anything. It may cost you 2500-5000, but will save you a LOT of hessle.

Yes, 1000 sft land should be very good as compared to a cramped 1000 sft saleable (600 sft carpet) flat from builder. 1000 sft can make make a good 3BHK row house and you can have the full terrace to enjoy. In future, you can cover the terrace (depends on your guts) and use it. :bab (59):

Nitin, you need to check below documents:
    7/12 docment
    8D document (not necessary in all cases)
    title search from a good lawyer
    Collector N/A if you are thinking of a home loan.
    CommentQuote
    Why not? Any reason a 1 guntha plot can't be used for banglow? I think it will make a nice banglow, and much better than to put your money in builders' account.

Guys,
    I agree with w_sanjay. It is not possible to build a descent sized house on a plot of 1000 sq ft.
    Here are the reasons -
    Assuming that the land is in Corporation Limits. Also assuming that the land does not fall under any "Gaothan" limits.
    As per PMC, the side margins and front-back margins are as follows:
    10 ft each on both the sides, 15 ft in the front, 10 ft at the back.
    For a 1000 sq ft plot, assume that the dimensions are 32 ft X 32 ft (1024 sq ft). With these dimensions, after subtracting the margins mentioned above, your built-up dimensions come out to be (plinth) 12ft X 7 ft (subtract 20 ft for both sides and 25 ft for front-back). Now with 12ft X 7ft plinth, think how on earth (pun intended!) you are going to construct a good house.
    Technically, you can still use the full FSI of 1000 sq ft on this land + balconies. However, with this plinth size, if you want to construct 1000 sq ft, you will need to build 10 storeys with one room of 12 ft X 7 ft on each floor.
    If this land belongs to Gram Panchayat or Gaothan, the side margins are less (5 ft on all 4 sides). There it becomes feasible to build a descent house.
    CommentQuote
  • But these rules must be having some bendings too no? Like some penalty payable or something? Because I have not yet seen a small banglow having so much space around! Many times, the banglows are cramped right next to one another.
    CommentQuote
    But these rules must be having some bendings too no? Like some penalty payable or something? Because I have not yet seen a small banglow having so much space around! Many times, the banglows are cramped right next to one another.

10ft on both the sides is not "so much space". You can hardly park your car wihin this 10ft.

If you go to any well-developed Bunglow colony (eg: Patwardhan Baug, Mahatma etc. in the middle class segment; Sindh Housing, Abhimanshri etc. in the high end segment), you will find that these limits are followed strictly. If you go to any "Gaothan" area (eg: Erandwane gaothan near Mhatre bridge, Kothrud Gaothan near Yashwantrao theatre, Pashan Gaothan at the end of Sus road etc.), you will find that these rules are not followed and houses are built touching each other. So the rules for Gaothan area are different.
    CommentQuote
  • In that case, what would be the minimum required size of the plot? This is a genuine question, and no way an attempt to corner anyone.
    CommentQuote
  • 1000 sq ft land

If you want to build something then the plot has to be atleast bare minimum 3000-3500 sq ft. Anything less than that will look like a concrete slum:o.
    And please don't bring row house here. How can one build standalone row house?? Row house concept works if there is long plot with less width, so that except for 2 at the end, all have common walls on 2 sides & side margins are therefore saved.

My take:- Get 2 more people, buy 3000-3500 sq ft plot & either go for 3 row houses or construct G+3 & have one flat/floor. What's the use of building on our own if there is no garden, no parking & no free space of land around??
    CommentQuote
  • How about twin banglows? Can they be done in same way as three row houses?
    CommentQuote
    In that case, what would be the minimum required size of the plot? This is a genuine question, and no way an attempt to corner anyone.

On a conservative side, you need atleast 2500 sq ft plot to build a bunglow (bare minimum space around + parking).

To build a comfortable bunglow (with a basic garden + parking) the plot should be between 3000-4000 sq ft.

Anything above 4000 sq ft., you can build a very lavish bunglow.

I agree with realacres. If you don't have the resources to buy a plot of 3000 sq ft yourself, find a couple of parteners and build a 3 storeyed small bunglow with independent units on each floor for each partener.
    CommentQuote
    How about twin banglows? Can they be done in same way as three row houses?

Yes. Twin bunglow is a very good option if you have a partner willing to share half of the land cost. With Twin bunglow, both the partners save one side margin each (10ft).
    But again, the combined plot size should be atleast 3000 sq ft to build a descent house.

If you go to Mahatma society, you will see many such good Twin Bunglows built on a plot of ~3000 sq ft.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pune_real
    10ft on both the sides is not "so much space". You can hardly park your car wihin this 10ft.

If you go to any well-developed Bunglow colony (eg: Patwardhan Baug, Mahatma etc. in the middle class segment; Sindh Housing, Abhimanshri etc. in the high end segment), you will find that these limits are followed strictly. If you go to any "Gaothan" area (eg: Erandwane gaothan near Mhatre bridge, Kothrud Gaothan near Yashwantrao theatre, Pashan Gaothan at the end of Sus road etc.), you will find that these rules are not followed and houses are built touching each other. So the rules for Gaothan area are different.

There are rules and again their are ways to bypass rules be it a high end bunglow society or Gaothan.. you need to have guts/ political connections and you can do it.

For bunglow societies, the society admin itself takes care of all rules and of course there are no 1000 sft plots available in any of the bunglow societies. The jagtap dairy area which nitin is talking about is a typical gaothan area where it is possible to build a decent house in 1000 sft. And yes, people are already having houses this much plot area.
    CommentQuote
  • An ideal optimum plot size is 60 * 40 but I've seen 1500 sq.ft. land(50 * 30 plot) having some decent bungalows . Quite a few people build vertically if the plot area is small . You can also have a common wall with your neighbour to build a twin bungalow in 60 * 40 . I dont think 3000 sq. ft. is a binding necessity . Desires may expand to fit and crave for more than you have . People in US think a half acre plot is small . So dont make comparisons , if you got 1000 sq.ft. and desire to build your house on that , then go for it man ! Suggest to spend money in hiring good legal help who can guide you better and is repsonsible for the job . Don't expect everything from forums and blogs only !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amjamirs2
    There are rules and again their are ways to bypass rules be it a high end bunglow society or Gaothan.. you need to have guts/ political connections and you can do it.

For bunglow societies, the society admin itself takes care of all rules and of course there are no 1000 sft plots available in any of the bunglow societies. The jagtap dairy area which nitin is talking about is a typical gaothan area where it is possible to build a decent house in 1000 sft. And yes, people are already having houses this much plot area.

At the very start of my first post, I had made two assumptions:
    Assuming that the land is in Corporation Limits. Also assuming that the land does not fall under any "Gaothan" limits.

If the land in consideration is in Gaothan area, then as I said, anything can be done.

Moreover,
    The advice on this forum will always be according to current legal framework. If one intends to go outside the legal framework using his "guts" or "connections", why bother to ask for opinions on an internet forum?
    CommentQuote
  • Dilpe mat lo, pune_real :) Your posts are really helpful.
    CommentQuote