Finally after some hard work and saving, I am planning to buy a home.
With my budget of 40L and my office area, I choose the place Kharadi.

After going through the discussion in the same forum it seems rate has increased a lot.
From 2200 psf it is now 3300 psf in kharadi in a year.
Still the builder is quoting more (3500 psf) but some resaller option are available bit cheap (3300 psf).

So can you please help me to know that is it still a good decision to go ahead (considering still water, road and transport problem present but lots of commercial coming up in next few years)?

From construction quality I didn't find Ganga Constella too good and Gera dont have any amenities.

So selected 2 options:
1) from resale in urban nirvana - 3300 psf (construction looks good)
2) for Gulmohar queensland - 3700 psf (possession in next year)

Please guide me which looks good with pros and cons.

Regards
Mukesh
Read more
36 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Are you insane to pay this much rates to kharadi ?
    Have you seen the nearby area of Urban Niravana ? There is no proper road around (I had gone there 6 months back, not recently). And the area is pathetic. Nirvana was quoting 2500 (before negotiation) last year. They were ready to negotiate when I bring check. I refused, seeing the nearby area.
    If you are not staying there, I suggest rent a home in the area for 1 year and gauge urself. Rental in Ganga constella was 8K for 2bhk in 2009, this year even flats are available at 7.5K rent. Even seen ad for a semi furnished 2bhk for 8.5K in constella.

Originally Posted by mukeshb

So selected 2 options:
    CommentQuote
  • I am staying on rent in Urbana Nirvana. So, giving you my views on this project.

Project looks good from outside only.

Internal fitting quality and materials are very poor.
    I broke bathroom door locks two times.
    Taps fitting is very poor.
    WashBasin and Kitchen sink fittings are not proper.
    Little cracks are there so that water is falling on the floor from joints.
    Walls adjoins with bathrooms are having water lickage problem.
    We called site engineer and workers to patch walls.

One of the worker told me that most of the flats are facing same problem. He also told me that because of this problem on of the flat owner refused to take passession.

Area around -
    Many famous builders projects are coming up neary by.
    So, in future locality will be good. But as of now not much locality.

No street light from Zensar to Urbana Nirvana.
    So, after dark need to take care while driving vehicals.
    Not advisable for ladies and children to go outside alone after dark.
    I believe street lights will come up in future.

Road till Ganga constella is single line. No truck and bike passthrough at a time. Bike riders need to stop if truck is passing by.

From Urbana nirvana to Ganga constella this single road is not going to develop much wider as adjoints lands belongs to different builders.
    From Alcon to Urbana nirvana proper road is missing. It's muddy in rainy season. It's small though.

Public Transportation -
    No public transportation as of now. You will get autorikshow at ganga constella but they will ask around 150/- Rs. to go railway station.
    To catch bus, need to go to Zensar (2 KM from urbana nirvana).
    For share autorikshow, you need to walk till nagar highway. From there you can get share auto till Yerwada.

Daily needs -
    For grossary, Reliance mall is there (2 KM).
    Small shops are also there for grossary shopping. You can get milk and newspaper at door steps.
    Broadband internet services are available.

Water -
    Tanker water for daily usage and for drinking.
    Most of the time daily usage water is not so clean. You can find it muddy most of the time.
    Water purifier is provided to each flat by builder for drinking water.

Overall in my openion it's not appropriate area for family to live as of now.:bab (45):

If you are looking in this area only, then try to find some reslae flats in satin bricks (next to urbana nirvana).

I don't know internal issues with satin bricks but looks good from outside.:bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • appreciate your feedback. Thanks and keep posting.

Originally Posted by chintupintu
    I am staying on rent in Urbana Nirvana. So, giving you my views on this project.
    CommentQuote
  • That's a great feedback chintupintu.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you for the feedback

First of all thank you for the feedback.

Few questions:
    From my two weeks of continuous survey, I couldn't find the better deal:(

For fittings I found that they have used the best quality accessories (legrand switches, Jaguar taps, hindware sanitaries) but was not knowing about these problems.

Chintu, Can you please let me know that after site engineer's visit all fitting problems are solved now?
    Is leakage a permanent problem or the temporary one which can be fixed permanently?

I am going to this place every day from last two weeks (in leave for the same) and looked all the new and resale options.

Couldn't find any better rate less then 3000 psf?
    I have tried to negotiate with Gulmohar Queensland less then 3700 psf and they seems rigid.

Please help me to select a better deal.

What you think about the place in future say 2 years from now?
    Will this area will develop?
    CommentQuote
  • you seem to be quite in hurry to book ? Why ? People here are scouting for a home for last 3 years, and still happily renting.

I have no suggestion for a project, but Urban Nirvana is not a good choice. Check out B.U Bhandari colonade, I think its adjacent to Accolade. I have checked Accolade, both before construction and after construction. The quality seems to be good. Colonade is beside accolade but I have not seen it and dont know anything about it. You can visit and update us :)

I am going to this place every day from last two weeks (in leave for the same) and looked all the new and resale options.

CommentQuote
  • dear mukesh

within 2 weeks u wanna buy and finalize ? many ppl here r lookin for more than a year :) take in to account infrastructure around(if u r lookin for selfuse) while deciding to buy house thr

thanks

Few questions:
    From my two weeks of continuous survey, I couldn't find the better deal:(

For fittings I found that they have used the best quality accessories (legrand switches, Jaguar taps, hindware sanitaries) but was not knowing about these problems.

Chintu, Can you please let me know that after site engineer's visit all fitting problems are solved now?
    Is leakage a permanent problem or the temporary one which can be fixed permanently?

Couldn't find any better rate less then 3000 psf?
    I have tried to negotiate with Gulmohar Queensland less then 3700 psf and they seems rigid.

Please help me to select a better deal.

What you think about the place in future say 2 years from now?
    Will this area will develop?

If you want to contact and guide me : +91-9011083727
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mukeshb

Few questions:
    From my two weeks of continuous survey, I couldn't find the better deal

Yes, problem with kharadi area is, you will not get rate below 3000/- Rs. now a days.
    Most of builders are quoting between 3200 - 4000.
    I don't know why? What's changed in last 2 years in Kharadi? Except water tank plan is senctioned by PMC. But don't know when it's going to start and when it's going to complete.

Yes, Urbana Nirvana is using good quality of accessories (legrand switches, Jaguar taps, hindware sanitaries) but poor fitting and poor quality of internal door locks.

As of now fitting problems are solved, but you never know in future.
    They used some solution like (m-seal) for wash-basin and kitchen sink for water leackage through joints with kitchen plateform and wash-basin platform.

Used M-seal for water leackage through water pipes.

For, walls adjoins bathrooms, they did some patch work on outerside only. So, I believe that it's a temparory solution only.

If you are going for re-sale flat here, just check internal fittings and this water leacage problem with walls with site engineer first and make sure you get it done if there's any issue for the same.

As of now I believe you will get site engineer's attation till 3rd builiding is under-construction. Once builder will get project complition certificate, he will not pay any attation on your problems.

Apart from this I am not seeing any other issue (Ofcourse apart from near by area/location) with Urbana Nirvana.

--- :)
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks everyone for guiding me and making me confuse for a good reason :)

So I am not alone in this wild search.

I do understand Kharadi is driven by IT people like me and we have missed the correction last year as our job was on bet during the same time.

I think this builders, investors along with banks and brokers are making money from our hard earned money.

I have checked all the projects in Kharadi and rate seems even around 3300 psf.

The above looters are again creating fear saying this is the best deal now and the rate are going up each day.

Accolade is no doubt good projects with good constructions and amenities but for everglade and colonode the layout is not good and the project will completely hide once the nearby project is build up.
    Also there is very small garden and amenities. rate is 3300 psf now.

So when is the next correction and will we be able to tap it??

What is the solution for this mess? God knows.

Thanks again.
    CommentQuote
    So when is the next correction and will we be able to tap it??
    What is the solution for this mess? God knows.

I had also considered Urban Nirvana last year(offered 2500 psf). Being a family-person, do not want to compromise on infra and quality.

I am waiting for this RE mess/bubble to clear. Enjoying renting in the city :D
    Hopefully will buy something good within the city.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hitmady
    I had also considered Urban Nirvana last year(offered 2500 psf). Being a family-person, do not want to compromise on infra and quality.

I am waiting for this RE mess/bubble to clear. Enjoying renting in the city :D
    Hopefully will buy something good within the city.

Mukeshb

- Always remember the mantra. Rent a place for 6 months before you buy there.
    - Dont worry about the builders gimmiks. They just want to rip you off.
    - Business either comes to a halt or suffers if negotiations are refused by the other party. This is true with every commodity including RE. So, if a builder is not negotiating at all, just quit.
    - ALWAYS BUY READY POSSESSION , IF YOU HAVE TO BUY!!
    CommentQuote
    Finally after some hard work and saving, I am planning to buy a home.
    With my budget of 40L and my office area, I choose the place Kharadi.

After going through the discussion in the same forum it seems rate has increased a lot.
    From 2200 psf it is now 3300 psf in kharadi in a year.
    Still the builder is quoting more (3500 psf) but some resaller option are available bit cheap (3300 psf).

So can you please help me to know that is it still a good decision to go ahead (considering still water, road and transport problem present but lots of commercial coming up in next few years)?

From construction quality I didn't find Ganga Constella too good and Gera dont have any amenities.

So selected 2 options:

Please guide me which looks good with pros and cons.

Regards
    Mukesh

I have a lot of relatives staying in this area , bought land and constructed houses about 15-20 years back . Most of them have built in 3-4 lacs which now are valued at about a crore . They are still facing the same problem they had 20 years before - water shortage . If you can live without water or ready to fight for it in the future then this 3300 at Kharadi is a steal .

By the way if you think a house can be bought in 2 weeks in todays market then I must assume that it is for investment and not living purpose .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suryawork
    They are still facing the same problem they had 20 years before - water shortage . If you can live without water or ready to fight for it in the future then this 3300 at Kharadi is a steal .

4 out of 5 days in my week, it never happens that I do not see at least one tanker till I reach the office (in just 5 kms distance Kharadi to Viman nagar).

Tankers are mostly from Lanke, Pathare, Galande. All local politicos who sell 30 lacs flats to you and then water for lifetime.

Double income full profit for them!!! Why will they solve water problem in kharadi?
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks everyone.
    Few questions:
    If there are so many problems (water, road, rate) who are buying the flats? Why there are so many projects (big builders) coming up and still no flats?
    Yes currently I am staying in Kothrud and want to stay here in the city but its beyond my limit.
    Do you think we can time/know the future? If rate falls, we will wait till it is the lowest which we never know and we only regret when it is high again.
    I just want to know how many of you have bought in last year and still happy.
    Yes in somewhere in my mind it is for investment as someday I will sell it and get the one where I love to stay which is not possible now.
    Its always said in India property is the best investment.
    The rate increases if you wait and there is no timing.
    Also I think its always good to buy things when prices are increasing and not decreasing (as it seems property is behaving more like a stock).
    This is just my thoughts and no hard feelings but lets have a healthy discussion and see what is the solution to it?
    How we can become a proud owner of a home?
    CommentQuote
  • Mukesh, like ur attitude.

Well, if u have budget and end product is satisfy u, go for it...will never give u advice of staying on rent if some 1 has budget...it's bull****. each individual has diff thinking and it's my thinking....here some members guiding u for renting 1 yr in same area...I don't agree...atmost 1 month is fine for renting if needed.

Reg. Kharadi: water tank work in progress and it will take 2 yrs to complete. as of now Kharadi is depends on Chandan Nagar water tank and it's itself not sufficient for chandan nagar and wadgao sheri and hence water problem in kharadi. Kharadi has some draw back as few area r in height and few are below normal level...i wud say PMC is doing thr best so whole kharadi area can get the water. even PMC connection aval in few Wagoli scheme too.

reg current RE senario: realacres is master and you can always refer his advice.

reg. rates in 2009 and 2010, here r few facts.

2010: rates increased by 30-40% in areas where rates were < 2600 in 2009 (wagoli, kharadi, hadapsar, wakad, v'wadi, dhanori, hinjewadi....)

rates increased by 20-30 in areas where rates were > 2600 and < 4000 in 2009 (viman nagar, wanowari, PS, baner,..)

rates were increased by 15-20% in areas where rates were > 4000 in 2009 (kalyani nagar, kothrud, koregaon, deccan, aundh, DP road)

now, I believe dat's reason RE buyers looking for areas like underi, pisoli, wagoli, wakad annex :) where current rates are arnd 2500-2600.

now, this is the current trend...and I believe one sud not worry abt buying if he is sure abt the area and his/her budget...but but don't strech much and always go for ready possession or 80% completetion....

Thanks,
    Jigar
    CommentQuote