All,

I am being offered to chose parking between ground level & basement (podium). The basement actually is below ground level so there is possibility of rain water clogging. The issue with ground level parking, it is not straight, car needs to be parked in 20 degrees.

Has anyone faced issues with parking ? What would be your choice. Pls let me know.
Read more
16 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Maggi,

I believe this is for Viva Hallmark. Please share how is this parking allotment done by the builder. I mean 'first come first serve' or how?

Regarding your case, yes basement may face water logging. Please check the convenience to drive your car in/out & then select accordingly. I don't see any issue in parking your vehicle at 20 degrees with hand-brake/gear on.

You may also check whether there is children play-area nearby at ground level which may damage your vehicle. Just a precaution. :)
    CommentQuote
  • I would prefer stilt level (ground level) parking over basement atleast in Pune. The constructions here are not so gr8 and there is always the danger of water clogging, dampness and leakages in the basement. Moreover basements give me a gloomy claustrophobic feel. Why are you getting only 1 choice for ground level parking. I am sure you should be able to choose from amongst the available parking slots.
    CommentQuote
  • Go for Ground level ...anytime !
    CommentQuote
  • Regarding parking, does anyone know whether the new law preventing builders from charging for parking is in place?

Would appreciate any info on same (ofcourse, apart from advising Magii :) on his/her query) and also in which cases/areas it is mandatory.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Neo007
    Regarding parking, does anyone know whether the new law preventing builders from charging for parking is in place?

Would appreciate any info on same.

The law is in place, but the builders are not obeying & you can still see them demanding separate money for Parking. I have seen a builder asking for parking money refering parking cost as 'Cost of Share in Common Area' or something. The agreement also has allotment of one parking slot of particluar area mentioned.
    So either by some other name, or by including in psf rate, builders continue to charge for parking. :bab (45):
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Neo007,

Frankly, it doesn't matter if builder charging for parking or not.

One sud chk psq price = total pkg/carpet (+terrace)

I wud let go the project if I am not getting stilt parking...I hate open parking.

basic psq is just the gimmick. One builder charge 3500 and one builder charge 3700...if you finally chk total pkg (carpet) it will be almost same.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nitesh321
    Hi Maggi,

I believe this is for Viva Hallmark. Please share how is this parking allotment done by the builder. I mean 'first come first serve' or how?

Regarding your case, yes basement may face water logging. Please check the convenience to drive your car in/out & then select accordingly. I don't see any issue in parking your vehicle at 20 degrees with hand-brake/gear on.

You may also check whether there is children play-area nearby at ground level which may damage your vehicle. Just a precaution. :)

Yes, this is for Viva Hallmark. AT this momnet, lot of parkings are available since few people have taken possession. So allottment will be done as people take posession.

I am inclined to basement since it is spacious & driveway is good as compared to ground level parking. Since central area is exposed out, there is suffiecient light down there. But water logging remains a threat.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jigarshah
    Hi Neo007,

Frankly, it doesn't matter if builder charging for parking or not.

One sud chk psq price = total pkg/carpet (+terrace)

I wud let go the project if I am not getting stilt parking...I hate open parking.

basic psq is just the gimmick. One builder charge 3500 and one builder charge 3700...if you finally chk total pkg (carpet) it will be almost same.

Very good point!

I am not sure why people get upset because of the breakup that builders and sellers provide. Ultimately, what matters is the total money we have to pay (per sq ft carpet area).
    CommentQuote
  • The one with lower price?:bab (6):
    CommentQuote
  • bang on !

Originally Posted by sandy77
    The one with lower price?:bab (6):

bang on !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sandy77
    The one with lower price?:bab (6):

The builder must have already taken the money for parking & I don't think that there would be any price difference. So price factor may not be considered here.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nitesh321
    The builder must have already taken the money for parking & I don't think that there would be any price difference. So price factor may not be considered here.

Yes, you are right. For me the convinience matters now.
    CommentQuote
  • Go for UG, after few yrs you can try to convert it into covered parking..:)
    CommentQuote
  • Personally, I prefer ground level parking for following reasons:-

> In UG (under-ground) parking, water logging threat always persists, especially what I see in most Pune projects,

> The 'FEEL' isn't good in case of UG parkings, gives me some strange feeling. Infact, I have also seen Bats in UG parking,

> In several projects, the water drains in only located from the road which enters the parking, but not in between the parkings. Hence, when parking gets full & car wash fellow comes & washes the cars, the water stays over there for long. Lack of sunlight makes situation worse especially in monsoons when parking gets full of water + mud,

> Time required to pick or drop someone from the lobby/entrance of the building is more,

> You need to travel 1 floor extra,

> If you forget something in car, & you need to get that thing, the distance is more + time gets wasted for no reason,

> UG parking has risk of emblems (car logos) getting stolen from cars as thief gets lot of time & no one monitors it. Ever seen watchman in UG parking?

> Last but not the least, UG parking is notorious for some activities. You must have observed them in US or in some malls in Mumbai.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Personally, I prefer ground level parking for following reasons:-

> In UG (under-ground) parking, water logging threat always persists, especially what I see in most Pune projects,

> The 'FEEL' isn't good in case of UG parkings, gives me some strange feeling. Infact, I have also seen Bats in UG parking,

> In several projects, the water drains in only located from the road which enters the parking, but not in between the parkings. Hence, when parking gets full & car wash fellow comes & washes the cars, the water stays over there for long. Lack of sunlight makes situation worse especially in monsoons when parking gets full of water + mud,

> Time required to pick or drop someone from the lobby/entrance of the building is more,

> You need to travel 1 floor extra,

> If you forget something in car, & you need to get that thing, the distance is more + time gets wasted for no reason,

> UG parking has risk of emblems (car logos) getting stolen from cars as thief gets lot of time & no one monitors it. Ever seen watchman in UG parking?

> Last but not the least, UG parking is notorious for some activities. You must have observed them in US or in some malls in Mumbai.

+1 for each point

Also u might find rats & dogs around if not maintained properly by society.
    If slopes at exit is steep & narrow it is risky to drive.
    CommentQuote