Hi guys,
I been reading a lot lately on this forum and find it very helpful. I am looking to buy re-sale flat in kothrud, pune...resale because I don't have budget for new flat :)
of all the flats I saw in kothrud most of them are 10-15 years old which are available, some in good condition, some in ok condition. But I am little unsure if I should go for flat that old.

I would like to see your point of views, what do you suggest?

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I have same thinking like you but when I have gone through in my search for resale flat in kothrud, came across few problems:-

1. Resale price are very high for old society (5-12 year construction)like 25L-40L for 1-2BHK.
    2. Society are very old, if new then less amenities.
    3. Broker is always there(directly/indirectly),there work only "AORKH KARUN DEU" ( introduce each other) asking for 2-2.5% brokerage.
    4. Area is over loaded a lots of traffic, full of surrounding but not managed.

If you are very interested then check their society norm very carefully and identify the broker.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajesh_gavande
    I have same thinking like you but when I have gone through in my search for resale flat in kothrud, came across few problems:-

1. Resale price are very high for old society (5-12 year construction)like 25L-40L for 1-2BHK.
    2. Society are very old, if new then less amenities.
    3. Broker is always there(directly/indirectly),there work only "AORKH KARUN DEU" ( introduce each other) asking for 2-2.5% brokerage.
    4. Area is over loaded a lots of traffic, full of surrounding but not managed.

If you are very interested then check their society norm very carefully and identify the broker.

Thanks Rajesh..yes i totally agree with you...what I am thinking is:
    even if i buy flat somewhere else like baner, PS, warje...I will end up shedding >42lac with modern amenities..however I am not much interested in modern amenities and if I have to pay that much amount then why not kothrud for obvious reasons.
    Yes i do agree about brokers..have to be very careful, I have liked one property and tht broker is not letting me meet owner....he is saying u tell me whats ur quote I wll forward it to owner...even after insisting that I want to meet the owner, i haven't been able to do so for last 2 weeks now...

I am skeptical about old properties (>10 years) and its very confusing since most of resale flats in kothrud are very old....
    so did you buy any property finally?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gandalf
    Hi guys,
    I been reading a lot lately on this forum and find it very helpful. I am looking to buy re-sale flat in kothrud, pune...resale because I don't have budget for new flat :)
    of all the flats I saw in kothrud most of them are 10-15 years old which are available, some in good condition, some in ok condition. But I am little unsure if I should go for flat that old.

I would like to see your point of views, what do you suggest?

Thanks in advance.

Resale is the way to go these days.
    Buying a 10 yrs old construction is definitely NOT a bad idea. 15 yrs I would be worried little. I trust older construction more than all the crap constructed in last 3-4 yrs.

I would ideally like to buy 6-7 yrs old construction in re-sale.
    CommentQuote