Hi guys,

I am new to this forum .

I read many old posts, and see that this subject was discussed

Can the veterans let me know what should be the cost of constructing a house in Pune as of now?

How are the costs split. In general.

Do the costs almost come along with a Flat cost , except that you own the land ( definitely a positive point ) ?

Regards,
PJames
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by PJames
    Hi guys,

I am new to this forum .

I read many old posts, and see that this subject was discussed

Can the veterans let me know what should be the cost of constructing a house in Pune as of now?

How are the costs split. In general.

Do the costs almost come along with a Flat cost , except that you own the land ( definitely a positive point ) ?

Regards,
    PJames

A good constro will cost you about INR 1000/sq ft which includes good quality tiles, CP fittings, good concrete & electrical fittings.

The total cost by building on your own is less than 50% compared to what you pay for flat as there is no loading factor involved + no terrace charges + no parking charges either. You save significantly in MSEB charges & other builders' manmaani charges. So, if you have plot, better build on your own.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Real acres.

I mailed a couple of Pune architects and they gave me a cost of 2K to 3K where I was astonished. That was including civil, interior and landscape work.

Since I am in the process of educating myself first ,dint quite know if this was a cost at the higher end ( as it included landscape etc, interior etc).

Any thoughts? I saw posts on this forum from 2009 where one member quoted that bess possible construction done by somebody in Baramati ( example was quoted) touched only 1000.

So thought to check on this forum if the costs have not increase that much in this regard.

Thanks,
    P James
    CommentQuote
    Thanks Real acres.

I mailed a couple of Pune architects and they gave me a cost of 2K to 3K where I was astonished. That was including civil, interior and landscape work.

Since I am in the process of educating myself first ,dint quite know if this was a cost at the higher end ( as it included landscape etc, interior etc).

Any thoughts? I saw posts on this forum from 2009 where one member quoted that bess possible construction done by somebody in Baramati ( example was quoted) touched only 1000.

So thought to check on this forum if the costs have not increase that much in this regard.

Thanks,
    P James

Yes, I had posted that Baramati eg. What you can do is hire different contractors for all the things like builders do to save cost. Buy the constro material yourself & give it to civil contractor so that you have control on cost & quantity, quality.

Once civil work is done, hire landscaping designers followed by interior ones.

Doing these things will be a bit time consuming but will save you atleast 30%.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Real acres
    CommentQuote
  • PJames, I am not a civil engg., nor do I have personal experience, but from what I learned on this forum, Its important to note that this construction cost is on the CARPET area, not the sale-able area that builder quotes.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks RajeshP. That would really lower the cost then!
    CommentQuote
    Thanks RajeshP. That would really lower the cost then!

By atleast 40%!! But man, 850-1k/sq ft cost is on carpet area only. Please note this.
    CommentQuote
  • One of my acquaintance has recently constructed 3000 sq.ft. in 27 lacs at 900 psf . Construction is pretty decent but location is on Akurdi Chikhli road .
    Personally I feel much safer in an apartment society than a stand alone plot construction , may cost u less money but may cost u something dear !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suryawork
    One of my acquaintance has recently constructed 3000 sq.ft. in 27 lacs at 900 psf . Construction is pretty decent but location is on Akurdi Chikhli road .
    Personally I feel much safer in an apartment society than a stand alone plot construction , may cost u less money but may cost u something dear !

Yes, constructing at a place which is secluded is not a good option. However, if the plot is in developed or well developing area, then it is better bet than flat. Btw, I am sure that for 27L, one can't even get a 3BR half this size in this area, not to forget absence of ownership of land.
    CommentQuote
  • finding plot in pune itself breaks back of common man....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Yes, constructing at a place which is secluded is not a good option. However, if the plot is in developed or well developing area, then it is better bet than flat. Btw, I am sure that for 27L, one can't even get a 3BR half this size in this area, not to forget absence of ownership of land.

Land cost was about 11 L . Cant get even a decent 2 bhk in 38 lacs in wakad today :bab (59):
    CommentQuote