Hi guys,

I am new to this forum.
Recently I finalized on a 2 guntha plot in undri area for 11lacs. But before booking i took legal advice of my lawyer. On looking on the papers he said not to buy the plot. Reason were
1. Its an agriculture land.
2. No collector approved plan.
3. Na-Vikas zone ie Non devlopent zone.

He said there are lot of legal issues in this. And mainly i cannot buy this land as this is agriculture land.

I dont understand one thing here. the builder has sold almost all his 2 acres with only 4 guntha remaining. So like not so many people will be blind. I am confused what to do. shall i take the risk and go ahead ? I know Undri has a good future so i a, pushing against it so much.
Can anyone tell me wat problems are there in purchasing agriculture land.
Also cant i convert agriculture to NA plots OR shall i stick and purchase only NA plots. Please help
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by bechkam7
    Hi guys,

I am new to this forum.
    Recently I finalized on a 2 guntha plot in undri area for 11lacs. But before booking i took legal advice of my lawyer. On looking on the papers he said not to buy the plot. Reason were

He said there are lot of legal issues in this. And mainly i cannot buy this land as this is agriculture land.

I dont understand one thing here. the builder has sold almost all his 2 acres with only 4 guntha remaining. So like not so many people will be blind. I am confused what to do. shall i take the risk and go ahead ? I know Undri has a good future so i a, pushing against it so much.
    Also cant i convert agriculture to NA plots OR shall i stick and purchase only NA plots. Please help

To cut long story short, your lawyer is correct. Don't buy this land. As far as 2 acres land is concerned, the builder sold it not to humans but to bakras.

Decide whether you want to be bakra or human!
    CommentQuote
  • Real, I thought you would say no to this and sure enough, you did the same thing. Even I am foxed with the same issue. I have been land hunting for the last 6 months or so, everywhere I see people lapping up agricultural land, the developers are gleefully jacking up their prices. I have seen NA plots but the cost is more than Rs 50 lakhs for a 3000 sft. the only collector approved NA plot which i find affordable is at Tamhini Ghat!! A friend of mine bought 4500 sqft of agricultural land on the theur road at Rs 1 lakh per gunta. I actually went to see the site, it is more than 7 km from nagar highway in the interior. The land is nicely demarcated into plots, the names of owners are written on a board in each plot. The developer says ' 5-6 saal bad, yeh sab r zone ho jayega, this is how things are done in maharashtra, first you go ahead and buy the land, baad mein sab kuch ho jayega". He gave me the example of all those bungalow houses in and around lohegaon, he says all those houses are in agricultural land.
    Unless, i do the same, I will never be able to buy land. I request your comments on this.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bechkam7
    Hi guys,

I am new to this forum.

In my view'
    1] Go for NATP plot.
    2] Dont go for AGRICULTURAL PLOT of 2 guntha.
    3] If area is 1 acre & above better to go for AGRICULTURAL PLOT.
    4] Agricultural land can be purchased only by agricultural farmer,after showing document that you are a farmer.
    5] If u are not afarmer u cannot purchase AGRI land.
    6] DONT take risk, invest in some other rlan:D:Dd.....
    cheers
    Savvy_v
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vijaysagart
    Real, I thought you would say no to this and sure enough, you did the same thing. Even I am foxed with the same issue. I have been land hunting for the last 6 months or so, everywhere I see people lapping up agricultural land, the developers are gleefully jacking up their prices. I have seen NA plots but the cost is more than Rs 50 lakhs for a 3000 sft. the only collector approved NA plot which i find affordable is at Tamhini Ghat!! A friend of mine bought 4500 sqft of agricultural land on the theur road at Rs 1 lakh per gunta. I actually went to see the site, it is more than 7 km from nagar highway in the interior. The land is nicely demarcated into plots, the names of owners are written on a board in each plot. The developer says ' 5-6 saal bad, yeh sab r zone ho jayega, this is how things are done in maharashtra, first you go ahead and buy the land, baad mein sab kuch ho jayega". He gave me the example of all those bungalow houses in and around lohegaon, he says all those houses are in agricultural land.
    Unless, i do the same, I will never be able to buy land. I request your comments on this.

savvy has put correct things up. In additioan to this, remember this most important aspect:-

Agri land can be converted to NA ONLY IF the size of the plot is greater than 10,000 sq ft. Now decide whether you are interested in such schemes. Man, if you want NA land in city, it will be bit expensive but are more VFM than such crooked builders' schemes. Don't be desperate, it is this desperation which builders use to their benefit.

Btw, if you want land, look at Chikhali road, PCMC. Developed by Pradhikaran & NA done. You can even stay there today, but lacks day to day infra around. Yet, this is better bet than buying from some builder in places where even vultures won't go :D.
    CommentQuote
  • One of my friends, who is a farmer, is in process of buying a plot (of 2000 sqft) on Lohegaon-Wagholi road. The land owner has divided his farm into plots and is selling the plots in size of 2000 to 3000 sqft.

Is this legally correct for the land owner to sell agri land plots to a non-farmer?
    Can a farmer buy agri land plots from the land owner and keep it tell the plot becomes NA?

What are the chances of the plots in Lohegaon-Wagholi road area becoming NA in next 5 years?

Experts please advice on this.
    CommentQuote
  • NA land

Cost psf of NA land is much more than Agri land. Many developers sell Agri land at NA rates after dividing into plots and then saying that they have applied for NA and this wull be done in 1 years time (Dont fall into this trap). If Collector or their contact changes then the whole process has to start again. In Maha., u cannot buy agri land unless u r a farmer. Many people alos buy through a friend who is a farmer under a POA. But you will face problems later on when u try to sell it.

The developers would run away after they have sold most of the plots
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by varun_789
    One of my friends, who is a farmer, is in process of buying a plot (of 2000 sqft) on Lohegaon-Wagholi road. The land owner has divided his farm into plots and is selling the plots in size of 2000 to 3000 sqft.

Is this legally correct for the land owner to sell agri land plots to a non-farmer?
    Can a farmer buy agri land plots from the land owner and keep it tell the plot becomes NA?

What are the chances of the plots in Lohegaon-Wagholi road area becoming NA in next 5 years?

Experts please advice on this.

Breaking a farm land in to small pieces of 2-3-4-5 guntha is illegal in Maharashtra, I guess. There is a "tukada-bandi" law which restricts breaking agri land in to small pieces. As realacres stated, you can do NA of a land which is minimum 10 guntha in one piece.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    savvy has put correct things up. In additioan to this, remember this most important aspect:-

Agri land can be converted to NA ONLY IF the size of the plot is greater than 10,000 sq ft. Now decide whether you are interested in such schemes. Man, if you want NA land in city, it will be bit expensive but are more VFM than such crooked builders' schemes. Don't be desperate, it is this desperation which builders use to their benefit.

Dear REalacre.... Appreciate your views.
    Just to add on here,
    Buyers please go through the very useful information given on this site; A USEFUL WEBSITE FOR MAHARASHTRA
    All the rules & LAWS of land are given...

hope it suffice u..
    cheers..
    savvy_v;)
    All the rules & LAWS of land are given...

hope it suffice u..
    cheers..
    savvy_v;)
    CommentQuote
  • Buy agri land only for investment purpose.. not for building house. Which means u only need to worry about appreciation, and not about how to make it NA and get only 4%. Better to buy small plots only where the whole land is divided into small plots and sold to multiple owners, in which you can collectively request for NA (since it will be more than 10K Sqf) if at all its required. If your father/grandfather has agri land anywhere in India you automatically become a farmer!

My only worry is the guntawari/tukda bandi law.. but advocate says it is applicable only where the plot is grouped under 'gut number' and not 'survery number'. Thats why you see so many developers selling 2 gunta plots... however im not sure of the actual clause, and am looking for it.
    CommentQuote