I have purchased a resale flat. The flat is located in a registered cooperative housing society. I have applied for change of name/ownership in M.S.E.B. and P.M.C. to transfer it to my name. Similaryly, do I have to to change the ownership/name in city survey office. If so, can you please help me with the process.
What is the process so that I will register my name on 7X12 extract of that property?
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Congratulations!!
    It will be nice if you can share details about ur purchase, like location, area, rates...will help all of us here...
    sorry couldnt help you with ur query tho :(
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suhail_zone
    I have purchased a resale flat. The flat is located in a registered cooperative housing society. I have applied for change of name/ownership in M.S.E.B. and P.M.C. to transfer it to my name. Similaryly, do I have to to change the ownership/name in city survey office. If so, can you please help me with the process.
    What is the process so that I will register my name on 7X12 extract of that property?

IMHO, 7X12 extracts are for the land and in the case of registered society, if conveyance deed is done, then the land belongs to the society.

Through society share certificate you become co-owner of the land collectively. That is to say that, you have undivided share of land owned by society. If conveyance deed is not done, then it is a different story.

So this city survey office thing is not required. First ensure that conveyance is done and you have share certificates from the society, that should be sufficient.

HTH
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • ravithakkar521 years ago
      Dear sir
      My society name is not appearing in property card so what is the process to have my name on property card
  • Thank you for your reply.

In my case, the conveyance deed is not done however a share certificate is issued in my name. The society is also registered. In such cases, where society share certificate is issued but the conveyance deed is not done, then what is the ruling?
    CommentQuote
    Thank you for your reply.

In my case, the conveyance deed is not done however a share certificate is issued in my name. The society is also registered. In such cases, where society share certificate is issued but the conveyance deed is not done, then what is the ruling?

Society should strive to get the conveyance deed done, unless the land is technically owned by third party.

HTH
    CommentQuote

Dear Suhail
    My view & advice is
    1] U said u have purchased a RESALE flat:
    In case of resale flat,and as u said flat is located in a registered cooperative housing society,& u have applied for change of name/ownership in M.S.E.B. and P.M.C. to transfer it to my name. : U NEED TO CHANGE ALL DOCUMENTS ON YOUR NAME ASAP.
    2] What is the process so that I will register my name on 7X12 extract of that property?
    AS FAR AS I KNOW;
    Whn u purchase a flat. U have to take NOC from the cooperative housing society ,and submit along with documents to the REGISTRAR office where u can register ur documents... THIS IS MUST IN CASE U WANTS TO RESALE THE FLAT AGAIN.
    THERE IS A TIME LIMIT TO DO REGISTERED DOCUMENTS FOR RESALE FLAT. PLEASE LOOK IN TO WEBISTE OR TAKE ADVICE FROM NEAREST REGISTRAR OFFICE FOR DOCUMENTS REGISTRATION.

I hope this information suffices u.:D
    cheers
    savvy_v
    CommentQuote
    Thank you for your reply.

DEAR SUHAIL...
    Also see this post link where u can view some of opinion by veteren members...
    :bab (35):
    thread name is;Steps for the resale deal ?

cherrs
    savvy_v
    CommentQuote
  • Executed registered sale deed means now the property is registered in your name .
    For an apt , land can't be in your name , all the rights are passed by builder to society when executing a conveyance deed and you're a shareholder . Without conveyance , shares have little meaning as builder is still the owner of the land ; can raise loans on it !
    CommentQuote