Before this post is marked as advertisement spam and deleted , let me tell you it is NOT, so moderators please read the post completely before taking action

Now, I have been looking for a property for quite some time and have extensively used indianrealestateforum.com which has been very useful.

I think a loads of our "Research" time and effort could be saved , if the site administrators (other concerned people) could come up with a sister website (something like magicbricks.com and allcheckdeals.com but very different in its operation) that provides the following features-

1. Builder Ratings - Tons of effort is wasted in researching about a builders background before buying his property . If all these data is collated in a single page will be great
2. Building Comparison - We all buy in comparison be it a or a car , even so we select by life partner by comparison :) So why should a real estate site be any different. A comparison feature of buildings like one we seen in naaptol.com should be helpful
3.Property Buying Group - Its an open secret that group buying gives you bargaining power but the real trouble is to locate people interested in SAME project as yours. This can dealt with a feature, where for a particular property on the website ,perceptive buyers can come together and collective deal with the builder to garner discounts.
4.Game!!! - Of course this sounds interesting but this Game With a Purpose. For the uninitiated read reCAPTCHA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . What will happen in this game is people will be shown Two localities in the same city and they have to select which one will give better ROI. Over a period of time we will have a nice data set from the wisdom of the crowds as to which locality is best to invest in. These results for every city can be published on the homepage
5.Locality View - Now how many times you find an interesting project but had no clue how the locality looked like and then had to physically travel there for area know-how. How if a videos on locality can be created by the community and posted on the website. Will give you some picture about the location . The Idea is to capitalize on the research work already done by a community member.
6.Real Estate Portfolio - There is absolute no website that provides this feature because real estate is not seen as investment asset class. Why should not there be a feature like moneycontrol.com to track the rental/sell rates of your property. Will help people who live in another city than their investment city or people living abroad as well

Apart from the that I have tons of other features in mind but there are more on the technical side and shall refrain from listing them here.

And what the moderators/administrators shall be interested in monetization of the site.

Well you can run a ad promoting an XYZ builder while down the same page the builder has a rating of 1/5.

What can be a done is a virtual currency system can used where in the more the people contribute the site the more they earn the currency which can used in lieu of classified real estate postings. Now to prevent people from gaming the system an internal trust score can be used wherein rating from more prominent members get more currency.

Looking for the community/moderators/admin for their comments.

If all is well I can extend my support to the site be it coding or finances.

Again this can not be done alone but has to be a COMMUNITY effort.

Regards
Champ
Read more
14 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Seems like a good business idea.

If the website keeps going then the owner can buy a lot of property :D
    CommentQuote
  • Nice Idea :bab (6):
    CommentQuote
  • Do you have any idea how you would get all the data for the listed projects? may be available flats and sold out flats?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by san_20july
    Do you have any idea how you would get all the data for the listed projects? may be available flats and sold out flats?

Yes ..... :)
    CommentQuote
  • In the minimum, it would be nice to have a citywise MLS listing database like:
    www.mlslistings.com
    CommentQuote
  • we are heading towards that - wait for about a year you will see a centralised database like US or aust

rohit
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bearable
    In the minimum, it would be nice to have a citywise MLS listing database like:
    www.mlslistings.com

I went through the site ... but I am a bit uninitiated on mls listings ... care to let know how does mls listing help ?
    CommentQuote
  • Indian Property Review

Hi Champ,

Good thought. Infact you should look at Indian Property Review
    This website provides an independent rating on the various properties and also gives users and opportunity to post their own ratings on the properties and both ratings are shown side by side to ensure transparency.

The best part is the research reports on each project, which provides a detailed explanation for the ratings of each property. It also gives an idea to the people who are from out of the city about what to expect. And all this is available free of cost for the users!

I think that its a good initiative in the positive direction of making real estate industry more transparent. i know the founders personally therefore if you wish to invest / help them them, then let me know.

Finstar

Originally Posted by reality_champ
    Before this post is marked as advertisement spam and deleted , let me tell you it is NOT, so moderators please read the post completely before taking action

Now, I have been looking for a property for quite some time and have extensively used indianrealestateforum.com which has been very useful.

I think a loads of our "Research" time and effort could be saved , if the site administrators (other concerned people) could come up with a sister website (something like magicbricks.com and allcheckdeals.com but very different in its operation) that provides the following features-

1. Builder Ratings - Tons of effort is wasted in researching about a builders background before buying his property . If all these data is collated in a single page will be great
    2. Building Comparison - We all buy in comparison be it a or a car , even so we select by life partner by comparison :) So why should a real estate site be any different. A comparison feature of buildings like one we seen in naaptol.com should be helpful
    3.Property Buying Group - Its an open secret that group buying gives you bargaining power but the real trouble is to locate people interested in SAME project as yours. This can dealt with a feature, where for a particular property on the website ,perceptive buyers can come together and collective deal with the builder to garner discounts.
    4.Game!!! - Of course this sounds interesting but this Game With a Purpose. For the uninitiated read reCAPTCHA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . What will happen in this game is people will be shown Two localities in the same city and they have to select which one will give better ROI. Over a period of time we will have a nice data set from the wisdom of the crowds as to which locality is best to invest in. These results for every city can be published on the homepage
    5.Locality View - Now how many times you find an interesting project but had no clue how the locality looked like and then had to physically travel there for area know-how. How if a videos on locality can be created by the community and posted on the website. Will give you some picture about the location . The Idea is to capitalize on the research work already done by a community member.
    6.Real Estate Portfolio - There is absolute no website that provides this feature because real estate is not seen as investment asset class. Why should not there be a feature like moneycontrol.com to track the rental/sell rates of your property. Will help people who live in another city than their investment city or people living abroad as well

Apart from the that I have tons of other features in mind but there are more on the technical side and shall refrain from listing them here.

And what the moderators/administrators shall be interested in monetization of the site.

Well you can run a ad promoting an XYZ builder while down the same page the builder has a rating of 1/5.

What can be a done is a virtual currency system can used where in the more the people contribute the site the more they earn the currency which can used in lieu of classified real estate postings. Now to prevent people from gaming the system an internal trust score can be used wherein rating from more prominent members get more currency.

Looking for the community/moderators/admin for their comments.

If all is well I can extend my support to the site be it coding or finances.

Again this can not be done alone but has to be a COMMUNITY effort.

Regards
    Champ
    CommentQuote
  • Sounds like you own this site

Anyways would like to get in touch and see how can we help each other
    CommentQuote
  • to indiarealestateforum.com guys, I would really like to rate a individual comment by members...thumbs up or thumbs down....
    we been seeing lot of questioning by members about prediction of senior members about correction in rates and in general views about there prognosis about particular projects/builder....there will always be different views....but reader can rate a particular comment depending upon there experience, i think it will be of immense help to everyone...
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Champ,
    I do not own this site.. its just that since you asked for research on real estate and project ratings etc, Indian Property Review was the first one that came to my mind. I liked their research reports and therefore suggested here for the benefit of the larger community.

However, after your message, I have put a disclaimer in my signature stating that I do not own this site!

Sandy

Originally Posted by reality_champ
    Sounds like you own this site

Anyways would like to get in touch and see how can we help each other
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by finstar
    Hi Champ,
    I do not own this site.. its just that since you asked for research on real estate and project ratings etc, Indian Property Review was the first one that came to my mind. I liked their research reports and therefore suggested here for the benefit of the larger community.

However, after your message, I have put a disclaimer in my signature stating that I do not own this site!

Sandy

Deeply regret the inconvenience caused. Just that there are so many impersonators out there difficult to pick genuine people
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Fellow Members,

I have started a new website where you can comment or post your opinions on property listings on magicbricks. This site right now is barebones and hence please help contribute to this.

Property Opinions

The idea is to let people post their opinions or comment on the properties they might have visited through Magicbricks.
    Just get the propertyId of the listing and search for it. If there are comments already, join the discussion. If there aren't start a discussion.

I hope this helps our community to engage in a healthy discussions over the exact flats/buildings they see.

To the moderators,
    This site is non-commercial and hence please dont block me. Neither is this site in competition with yours. So you are not going to lose your visitors either.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi guys, could you suggest some other real estate websites to me? would like to check out listings for properties in Gurgaon and Delhi.

Thanks, and best of luck with your website!
    CommentQuote