Hi Friends,

I am starting this thread to get objective view of things for specific areas in Pune.

Can you rate "Balewadi" area on following parameters,
1) Infrastructure
2) Basic amenities (water & electricity supply)
3) Location
4) Proximity to Shopping areas (basic grocery) and schools
5) Value for Money
6) Appreciation in next 5 years

Rating Scale:
0 - Bad,
1 - Poor,
2 - Average,
3 - Good,
4 - Excellent,
5 - Best in Pune

Would appreciate if you could give ratings to each parameter separately and a final score/total.

Of course, the idea is to get an objective view but we can also discuss and debate on specific points.

Hoping to see a good response.

Cheers.
Read more
25 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Guys, atleast who have bought / planning to buy in Balewadi can reply !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Following ratings are only for the Baner-Balewadi road. It would be drastically different for the Balewadi village.

1) Infrastructure - 3
    2) Basic amenities (water & electricity supply) - 3
    3) Location - 4
    4) Proximity to Shopping areas (basic grocery) and schools - 4
    5) Value for Money - 4
    6) Appreciation in next 5 years - 4

This is my personal opinion..Can vary person to person.
    CommentQuote
  • 1) Infrastructure - 2
    2) Basic amenities (water & electricity supply) - 2
    3) Location - 4
    4) Proximity to Shopping areas (basic grocery) and schools - 3
    5) Value for Money - 2
    6) Appreciation in next 5 years - 3
    CommentQuote
  • 1) Infrastructure - 3.5 (Depends on the definition of 5, situation will approve after the so called DP roads are laid). Again Balewadi have pockets with good infrastucture and not so good infra
    2) Basic amenities (water & electricity supply)- 3 (water is a known issue
    3) Location - 4 (Great connectivity to Mumbai- Bangalore highway and Hinjewadi)
    4) Proximity to Shopping areas (basic grocery) and schools: Shopping 3.5 (Dmart near by and basic Rajsthani kirana shop,medical shop all available) , Schools - 4.5 (Vidya Valley, Indira National School,Orchid, Akshara,VIBGYOR, Bharti for class 1 and above. For Kids Sapling, Indira Kids,Orchid and few more). They are not the best schools in Pune but still the options are good.Most of the kids from even Baner goes to this school. So being at Balewadi further reduces travel distance.
    5) Value for Money: 3.5 (I will not buy at this price in Balewadi, I will book a house to the other side of the road and stay on rent for 2-3 years till the possession is given. By then the other side of the road will also develope). This will be my personal way of doing, others may have difference of opinion but this is what I will do at current price.
    6) Appreciation in next 5 years:3 Have already reached potential(however we still see increase in price every day), with lot of space to the other side of highway I see real appreciatio only after that side is filled.
    CommentQuote
  • Scores so far...

Thank You so much for responding
    ==========================
    Scores for 'Balewadi' so far
    Kamles - 22/30
    monds - 16/30
    birendra - 21/30

I would say Balewadi is doing much better in this objective analysis. I have been reading so many negative things about it lately... it seems to be an okay place afterall.... :-)
    CommentQuote
  • I hav booked my flat in Balewadi...but still I divide balewadi into two main area...one which is on the immidiate left or right side of Balewadi Mitcon road...where projects like..Elite, park express, chaitanya, vanshaj..even pearl ...for those 20+ will be my score...but another area like..amit sapphire park, concord portia, golden trellis, vatika, oorvy where currently there is no approach scores pretty less...may be in future if DP road cumes..that will be on higher side but at this moment no DP road..only in papers...Many commercial projects are launchin including marvel residnetial projects on balewadi mitcon main road...
    Originally Posted by tarcap
    Kamles - 22/30
    monds - 16/30
    birendra - 21/30

I would say Balewadi is doing much better in this objective analysis. I have been reading so many negative things about it lately... it seems to be an okay place afterall.... :-)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tarcap
    Kamles - 22/30
    monds - 16/30
    birendra - 21/30

It depends on every ones need. For example for location I rated it based on proximity to Hinjewadi and highway. If someone is working in Hadapsar side this location will not make sence, but why would someone working in Hadapsar buy in Balewadi.

Again for shopping if someone needs to go to big shopping malls every day then Balewadi is not a great location........I go only few times an year so having multiplex or big shopping mall is never a big criteria for me. What is important is availability of kirana and basic stuff store which is readily available.

For me having option of school is very important and Balewadi scores very high on that.

To sum up different people will have different opinion based on their liking,way of living, family situation etc.................However I have not seen people who actually staythere complaining too much.

And yes let me add that there is a International standard Balewadi sports complex with great sports amenity which is relatively cheap. If you are into sports you will just love Balewadi. You have to just visit the complex to see what it offers.Again if you are into getting up at 8 am then this amenity will not make sense. So it is important to understand the area and associate with one's need before making an informed decision.

Cheers,
    Birendra.
    CommentQuote
  • manu1981
    What you say might be true about Infra only but on all the other parameters, I would expect entire Balewadi area to be one. Besides , projects like amit sapphire park, concord portia are hardly 2 minutes drive from the main road. So, I dont see a big problem there? Or am I missing something....

birendra, I agree. One size fits all does not apply here. Most of the things you say are generic and helpful for all. Do you have some details about the sports facilities available at Balewadi Stadium. I was looking for their official website but could not find anything on the net.
    CommentQuote
    manu1981
    What you say might be true about Infra only but on all the other parameters, I would expect entire Balewadi area to be one. Besides , projects like amit sapphire park, concord portia are hardly 2 minutes drive from the main road. So, I dont see a big problem there? Or am I missing something....

birendra, I agree. One size fits all does not apply here. Most of the things you say are generic and helpful for all. Do you have some details about the sports facilities available at Balewadi Stadium. I was looking for their official website but could not find anything on the net.

Does anyone has any update on the approach road status, for Sapphire park and concord portia?..the last time I visited (3-4 months bck) that area, saw a board... with wordings like the land, on which the existing road is there..is a private owned one.
    CommentQuote
    manu1981

Balewadi has 8-10 lawn tennis courts, few badminton court , Swimming pool, basketball court...................well they also have football and athletics agound, hockey..........etc. You know commonwealth games were conducted here.

I have seen people using lawn tennis,badminton and swimming. You can go to their office and check to get a full list and other details
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by birendra
    Balewadi has 8-10 lawn tennis courts, few badminton court , Swimming pool, basketball court...................well they also have football and athletics agound, hockey..........etc. You know commonwealth games were conducted here.

I have seen people using lawn tennis,badminton and swimming. You can go to their office and check to get a full list and other details

Most of the facilities can be availed for a nominal rate of 500 per month.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by UncleScrooge
    Most of the facilities can be availed for a nominal rate of 500 per month.

Thats really cool... Rs 500 per game per month....

I wonder why people do not mention this as a big advantage for baner / balewadi areas ... people who like to sport would pay any amount to avail such facilities....
    CommentQuote
    Thats really cool... Rs 500 per game per month....

I wonder why people do not mention this as a big advantage for baner / balewadi areas ... people who like to sport would pay any amount to avail such facilities....

I have been going to the stadium for the last 10 years and it is always a great fun. In addition this is the base camp for Indian hockey team. So you see the Indian team practicing for months. Not to forget that this is home ground to PFC (Pune foot ball club) and Indian football league matches happen here invloving teams like Mohun Bagan, Churchil brothers etc.Last year PFC stood 3rd in the point tally in the league.

In addition there are also national level competiion on archery,shooting boxing and volleball iorganised here. I think last year they also organised car and go carting racing (Polo Cup). So over the stadium is very happening and kids enjoy some of these moments...........For sports lover the sports facility of Balewadi stadium is very good.

However it coulod be managed better and professionally, but I am not complaining. I look at the positive side of it and enjoy.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by monds
    1) Infrastructure - 2
    2) Basic amenities (water & electricity supply) - 2
    3) Location - 4
    4) Proximity to Shopping areas (basic grocery) and schools - 3
    5) Value for Money - 2
    6) Appreciation in next 5 years - 3

1) Infrastructure - 3.5
    i believe infra is relatively good.
    2) Basic amenities (water & electricity supply) - 3
    3) Location - 4
    good connectivity with hinjewadi and mumbai highway. closer to pune (univ circle) compared to wakad and othr areas.
    4) Proximity to Shopping areas (basic grocery) and schools - 4
    school, medical shop , grocery - vegetable stores are well within reach.
    not good hospitals nearby.
    5) Value for Money - 3.5
    6) Appreciation in next 5 years - 2.5

prices already quite high. rates were much reasonable around 12-18 months back
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by birendra
    I have been going to the stadium for the last 10 years and it is always a great fun. In addition this is the base camp for Indian hockey team. So you see the Indian team practicing for months. Not to forget that this is home ground to PFC (Pune foot ball club) and Indian football league matches happen here invloving teams like Mohun Bagan, Churchil brothers etc.Last year PFC stood 3rd in the point tally in the league.

In addition there are also national level competiion on archery,shooting boxing and volleball iorganised here. I think last year they also organised car and go carting racing (Polo Cup). So over the stadium is very happening and kids enjoy some of these moments...........For sports lover the sports facility of Balewadi stadium is very good.

However it coulod be managed better and professionally, but I am not complaining. I look at the positive side of it and enjoy.

cool... this post will lead to a rise in prices ...atleast Rs 50/sq ft :)

Anyways... was just checking out good educational institutes, day cares, schools and colleges within a radius 7 Kms of Balewadi...
    its surprising to see the options that western pune suburb can offer,
    Bharti Vidyapeeth English Medium School
    Daffodil International School
    Mitcon Institute of Management
    Little Learners Pre-School
    Vishveshwarya School of Business
    Orchid School
    D A V Public School
    Eurokids WAKAD
    Kidzee Baner
    Nicmar School of Management
    Moje Engineering College
    Vidya Valley School
    Little Liebling Daycare & Nursery School
    City Montessori School
    City International School
    Kendriya Vidyala

Does anyone know if these are good or average ?

I will also look for some good hotels, eating joints and shopping malls...
    CommentQuote