Last updated: April 1 2016
25 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : How good is Balewadi ????

Originally posted by tarcap View Post
    manu1981
    What you say might be true about Infra only but on all the other parameters, I would expect entire Balewadi area to be one. Besides , projects like amit sapphire park, concord portia are hardly 2 minutes drive from the main road. So, I dont see a big problem there? Or am I missing something....

birendra, I agree. One size fits all does not apply here. Most of the things you say are generic and helpful for all. Do you have some details about the sports facilities available at Balewadi Stadium. I was looking for their official website but could not find anything on the net.
    Balewadi has 8-10 lawn tennis courts, few badminton court , Swimming pool, basketball court...................well they also have football and athletics agound, hockey..........etc. You know commonwealth games were conducted here.

I have seen people using lawn tennis,badminton and swimming. You can go to their office and check to get a full list and other details

Comment

Originally posted by birendra View Post
      Balewadi has 8-10 lawn tennis courts, few badminton court , Swimming pool, basketball court...................well they also have football and athletics agound, hockey..........etc. You know commonwealth games were conducted here.

I have seen people using lawn tennis,badminton and swimming. You can go to their office and check to get a full list and other details
      Most of the facilities can be availed for a nominal rate of 500 per month.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleScrooge View Post
        Most of the facilities can be availed for a nominal rate of 500 per month.
        Thats really cool... Rs 500 per game per month....

I wonder why people do not mention this as a big advantage for baner / balewadi areas ... people who like to sport would pay any amount to avail such facilities....

Comment

Originally posted by tarcap View Post
          Thats really cool... Rs 500 per game per month....

I wonder why people do not mention this as a big advantage for baner / balewadi areas ... people who like to sport would pay any amount to avail such facilities....
          I have been going to the stadium for the last 10 years and it is always a great fun. In addition this is the base camp for Indian hockey team. So you see the Indian team practicing for months. Not to forget that this is home ground to PFC (Pune foot ball club) and Indian football league matches happen here invloving teams like Mohun Bagan, Churchil brothers etc.Last year PFC stood 3rd in the point tally in the league.

In addition there are also national level competiion on archery,shooting boxing and volleball iorganised here. I think last year they also organised car and go carting racing (Polo Cup). So over the stadium is very happening and kids enjoy some of these moments...........For sports lover the sports facility of Balewadi stadium is very good.

However it coulod be managed better and professionally, but I am not complaining. I look at the positive side of it and enjoy.
          Last edited May 26 2011, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by monds View Post
            1) Infrastructure - 2
            2) Basic amenities (water & electricity supply) - 2
            3) Location - 4
            4) Proximity to Shopping areas (basic grocery) and schools - 3
            5) Value for Money - 2
            6) Appreciation in next 5 years - 3
            1) Infrastructure - 3.5
            i believe infra is relatively good.
            2) Basic amenities (water & electricity supply) - 3
            3) Location - 4
            good connectivity with hinjewadi and mumbai highway. closer to pune (univ circle) compared to wakad and othr areas.
            4) Proximity to Shopping areas (basic grocery) and schools - 4
            school, medical shop , grocery - vegetable stores are well within reach.
            not good hospitals nearby.
            5) Value for Money - 3.5
            6) Appreciation in next 5 years - 2.5

prices already quite high. rates were much reasonable around 12-18 months back

Comment

Originally posted by birendra View Post
              I have been going to the stadium for the last 10 years and it is always a great fun. In addition this is the base camp for Indian hockey team. So you see the Indian team practicing for months. Not to forget that this is home ground to PFC (Pune foot ball club) and Indian football league matches happen here invloving teams like Mohun Bagan, Churchil brothers etc.Last year PFC stood 3rd in the point tally in the league.

In addition there are also national level competiion on archery,shooting boxing and volleball iorganised here. I think last year they also organised car and go carting racing (Polo Cup). So over the stadium is very happening and kids enjoy some of these moments...........For sports lover the sports facility of Balewadi stadium is very good.

However it coulod be managed better and professionally, but I am not complaining. I look at the positive side of it and enjoy.
              cool... this post will lead to a rise in prices ...atleast Rs 50/sq ft

Anyways... was just checking out good educational institutes, day cares, schools and colleges within a radius 7 Kms of Balewadi...
              its surprising to see the options that western pune suburb can offer,
              Bharti Vidyapeeth English Medium School
              Daffodil International School
              Mitcon Institute of Management
              Little Learners Pre-School
              Vishveshwarya School of Business
              Orchid School
              D A V Public School
              Eurokids WAKAD
              Kidzee Baner
              Nicmar School of Management
              Moje Engineering College
              Vidya Valley School
              Little Liebling Daycare & Nursery School
              City Montessori School
              City International School
              Kendriya Vidyala

Does anyone know if these are good or average ?

I will also look for some good hotels, eating joints and shopping malls...

Comment

Most of schools you mentioned are good..There are a lot of food joints and restaurants on Baner road..There are super markets like Dmart and Food Bazaar and lot other options for shopping..But yes, you dont have a proper so called shopping mall there..

Comment

Good area if prices comes down by atleast rs 500 psf

Comment

Originally posted by Kamles View Post
                    Most of schools you mentioned are good..There are a lot of food joints and restaurants on Baner road..There are super markets like Dmart and Food Bazaar and lot other options for shopping..But yes, you dont have a proper so called shopping mall there..
                    Yes. I am not listing their names as that might increase the rate by 100

Comment

i found the area comfortable .

- not crowded, very open
                      - basic amenties like grocery, food joints, medical shop nearby (except for good hospital)
                      - close to highway and hinjewadi
                      - public transport to pune station

need some improvement in terms of water and auto transport

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X