25 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : How good is Balewadi ????

Originally posted by hporwal View Post
    i found the area comfortable .

- not crowded, very open
    - basic amenties like grocery, food joints, medical shop nearby (except for good hospital)
    - close to highway and hinjewadi
    - public transport to pune station

need some improvement in terms of water and auto transport
    why do u mention water as an improvement... were there water problems this summer... the monsoon has now set in so i assume baner, balewadi and PS will not be facing water issues any more. correct ??

i agree with public transport... but this is an issue for entire Pune i think.public transport in pune is way behind other metro's / cosmo cities. something must be done about public transport and it must be done soon....

Comment

guys , i got friends interspread all over the balewadi and baner area.... in my opinion the area around elite empire anything before that from balewadi phata is good. anything beyond elite empire to highway is poor. the area around MITCON is specifically poor wrt to the infra, public transport, availability of groceries etc... the biggest frustration for me is NO INTERNET in the region even till now!!. No wireline connection. you are dependent on your USB modems which also suffer with poor signal strength in this area. my friend has changed from reliance to airtel to idea and now finally to vodafone to see which signals are available...he is still to test out vodafone..all the other three before that were very poor...

Water problem is perennial..most societies are dependent on tankers (which offcourse is annother mafia in the city)...the movement of so many tankers and other heavy vehicles shows up in the condition of roads in the vicinity

the approach road towards concord portia got improved about 2-3 weeks back and it also has somelighting nowadays...so that better now...

but overall...a big thumbs down for this area...

Comment

Originally posted by greatmughal View Post
        guys , i got friends interspread all over the balewadi and baner area.... in my opinion the area around elite empire anything before that from balewadi phata is good. anything beyond elite empire to highway is poor. the area around MITCON is specifically poor wrt to the infra, public transport, availability of groceries etc... the biggest frustration for me is NO INTERNET in the region even till now!!. No wireline connection. you are dependent on your USB modems which also suffer with poor signal strength in this area. my friend has changed from reliance to airtel to idea and now finally to vodafone to see which signals are available...he is still to test out vodafone..all the other three before that were very poor...

Water problem is perennial..most societies are dependent on tankers (which offcourse is annother mafia in the city)...the movement of so many tankers and other heavy vehicles shows up in the condition of roads in the vicinity

the approach road towards concord portia got improved about 2-3 weeks back and it also has somelighting nowadays...so that better now...

but overall...a big thumbs down for this area...
        Just a word of caution: do not write off any area based on infra and affordability...as you will end up with NO areas in Pune... i mean u will never get an area which has good infra and is affordable...

Comment

Sorry to revive this old thread, its 2013 and how has Balewadi fared for you folks who have purchased in the area. Looking for opinions on Balewadi as I am looking at a few apartments there.

Comment

Can you please mention the names of the project ? Not entire balewadi is good or for that matter even there are areas in Aundh where I won't buy even for rates at Wakad.

As far as infra is concerned, stuff which are PROPOSED are still PROPOSED, especially DP roads & PROPOSED water-line from PMC.
            If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Balewadi will come up well as Aundh-Baner-Balewadi is first zone to be considered in smart city project.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
              Working...
              X