Dear Friends,

I have been following this forum for quite a few weeks now. Looks like this forum has lot of knowledgeable and informative active members. Who are really very helpful and supportive.. which is rate now a days.

Ok, let me come to the point. I am currently based in US and would like to return to India and settle in Pune.. Basically from Mumbai, but I don’t like Mumbai any more. Why Pune.. don’t know. May be because of Job ( I am an IT guy and weather and education). My budget is around 90 lac - 1.25cr.
I am looking for 3/4 BHK for family of 3 people. I am also looking for possession date of Beginning of Sep 2011.

I did like some of the projects in and around Baner and Hinjewadi like Nandan Prospera and Park Titanium. Amit Bloomfield and Paranjpe Forest Trail, Vasant Vihar. I never seen any of these projects and not sure about availability of the apartment. What I liked is the floor plan and amenities.

Any help and suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Gajanan
Read more
22 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Why no replies..

I wonder why there is no reply for this post.. could be coz most of the guys from this forum do not have access to net at home and they all access from office?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by madgeri
    I wonder why there is no reply for this post.. could be coz most of the guys from this forum do not have access to net at home and they all access from office?

Dude, even in India majority of public does have internet access from home. Reasons I think your query was not answered might be:
    1. its a weekend and most people like to take a break from regular activities.
    2. similar questions have been answered many times in the past and people may not have anything more to add on that.
    CommentQuote
  • hi

If your budget is in Crores, then you can purchase land in quite a good locality of pune city and build your own bunglow :)

why to look for Flat ?

see some resale bunglows, or open NA plots or also you can consult any good n reputed real estate agent who can give you some options.

Also if you are interested, you can get resale plot in Pradhikaran area of PCMC which is well developed and planned housing area of pune.

Flat wont give you that luxary which bunglow can offer :)
    CommentQuote

Dear Friend , I agree to UncleScrooge above . These type of questions are repeated again and again . Please don't beat the bush - almost everybody asking such a question is from IT , mostly an NRI returning back , thinking that he's the only person who can boast of this type of budget . If you want to purcahse in Pune , come down to Pune , see projects for yourself and then decide what is worth buying and what is not . Seeing a builder presentation and witnessing reality are 2 totally different things . Amenities are something which are maintained in the US and developed countries , here half the city is facing water shortage ; where are you going to bring water for your swimming pool if your daily water supply is coming from tankers ? Pls understand that the lifestyle you have there cannot be achieved here , you'll spend twice the money and not get even one tenth of what you deserve .
    CommentQuote
  • Good one..

So Mr Suryawork.. I dont want to boost the budget in this forum. I have seen people asking for budget amount when you are looking for suggestion to buy apartments. One crore budget is not a big budget I think in India, where I have see builders are selling some of the villa for 2-3 crs and Sachin tendulkar is brand ambassador. I am not the first and last person with that budget.

Any way, Your point make sense. One should not keep high hope while returning to India. I am not looking for high end amenities either. So, as per you I should look for apartments with no pool and no amenities as we as Indians dont have habit of keeping up the facilities. That make sense and thanks for help and comments.
    CommentQuote
  • aedhole.. I need some thing by end of Sep. So constructing my own is out of question.

Why flat.. simple. For better view,ventilation and escape from mosquito problem.

As you said I looked for resale bunglows too but the problem is they are not in gated community. So security is big concern.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

If flat is your final choice, then appropriate way is to come down to India, stay with rented house for some time and then look for good apt around. Its difficult to take a call by sitting miles away. I also booked flat for my brother who is in US, but I did all ground survey and then booked it using power of attorney. You have to spend time for house hunt either by yourself or by your trusted ones/friends / relatives. Hope this helps.

Regards
    AD
    CommentQuote
  • Nandan prspera , Vacon Willows..seems gud project in Balewadi..Baner I am not sure if there is any project which will be completed in sep..

i suggest first u shortlist your areas...wakad, pimple saudagar, hinjewadi, baner, balewadi...and ask one of ur friend to shortlist some gud projects in ur budjet...in ur budjet u will only get luxirious flats in these areas...70L is the rate i feel gud for 3bhk going in these areas...with budjet of 1CR+...i suggest go for vascon , marvel etc builders..

Originally Posted by madgeri
    aedhole.. I need some thing by end of Sep. So constructing my own is out of question.

Why flat.. simple. For better view,ventilation and escape from mosquito problem.

As you said I looked for resale bunglows too but the problem is they are not in gated community. So security is big concern.
    CommentQuote
  • thanks a lot guys for all your valuable inputs. I shall look into these project in detail as you have suggested.
    CommentQuote
  • dear madgeri,

if you buy a apartment in a township project it offers you good social environment , security and lots of amenities, only -ve points i can think of is lack of complete privacy and you have to live with whatever floor plans available. Baner- Balewadi offers such projects RS 4200 to 6500 per sq ft. A 3bhk from 1250 sqft to 2300 sqft. I recommend Supreme pallacio, Willows, Gold Cost,Regency cosmos..

If you buy a plot in gated society it wud cost rs 3000 to 6500 per sq.ft. and construction cost is Rs1350 per sq.ft upward depending upon Luxuries you add. You should need min 3000 sq.ft of land.This will offer you complete privacy and security but limited amenties. i wud recommend WINDMILLS project in bavdhan.

If you buy a private layout plot is should cost you Rs2200 per sq.ft. It offers little security and amenities.
    CommentQuote
    Dear Friends,

I have been following this forum for quite a few weeks now. Looks like this forum has lot of knowledgeable and informative active members. Who are really very helpful and supportive.. which is rate now a days.

Ok, let me come to the point. I am currently based in US and would like to return to India and settle in Pune.. Basically from Mumbai, but I don’t like Mumbai any more. Why Pune.. don’t know. May be because of Job ( I am an IT guy and weather and education). My budget is around 90 lac - 1.25cr.
    I am looking for 3/4 BHK for family of 3 people. I am also looking for possession date of Beginning of Sep 2011.

I did like some of the projects in and around Baner and Hinjewadi like Nandan Prospera and Park Titanium. Amit Bloomfield and Paranjpe Forest Trail, Vasant Vihar. I never seen any of these projects and not sure about availability of the apartment. What I liked is the floor plan and amenities.

Any help and suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Gajanan

Hi Gajanan,
    If you are looking in the area like Baner/Balewadi the following projects could be good for you.As per my preference

1.Supreme Pallacio - 3 BHK - 1.5 Cr Approx Very good flats with very good amenities..ready possession.Very good builder.
    2. Cosmos Regency - 3 BHK - 81 - 97L - Nice flats with good amenities and good location.Possession - end of the year.
    3. Vascon Willows - 3 BHK - 1 Cr - Good builder and good location. Spacious flats.

You can check out other details in internet..

Cheers
    CommentQuote
    So Mr Suryawork.. I dont want to boost the budget in this forum. I have seen people asking for budget amount when you are looking for suggestion to buy apartments. One crore budget is not a big budget I think in India, where I have see builders are selling some of the villa for 2-3 crs and Sachin tendulkar is brand ambassador. I am not the first and last person with that budget.

Any way, Your point make sense. One should not keep high hope while returning to India. I am not looking for high end amenities either. So, as per you I should look for apartments with no pool and no amenities as we as Indians dont have habit of keeping up the facilities. That make sense and thanks for help and comments.

Madgeri , the problem with good earning , educated middle class people is that they spend a lot of time and effort in hard earning money , but when it comes to spending and protecting it there is very little thought given .
    In today's market , a hoarded apt worth x amount of rupees today is being sold at 2x-4x in few months time without any value addition and still working class people get easily lured into this trap . Come to the city , probably rent for some time , check your likings and then make a decision ; its a lot of money and if you get trapped in a bad deal will be difficult to get out without a scratch .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suryawork
    Please don't beat the bush - almost everybody asking such a question is from IT , mostly an NRI returning back , thinking that he's the only person who can boast of this type of budget . If you want to purcahse in Pune , come down to Pune , see projects for yourself and then decide what is worth buying and what is not . .

Good grief. If a person does not specify budget , he is blasted to post more details like budget etc. If he gives his/her budget, bears bash him for being boastful. If he states "can pay any price" then he/she is some builder's proxy. Man is this a forum or some minefield.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by compuwalah
    Good grief. If a person does not specify budget , he is blasted to post more details like budget etc. If he gives his/her budget, bears bash him for being boastful. If he states "can pay any price" then he/she is some builder's proxy. Man is this a forum or some minefield.

LOL :D Well said compuwalah.

All the frustrations & jealousy can be sensed in some of the posts on this forum.

This forum is useful for getting good information on RE & few specific projects. So members should be sharing the info as much as possible. If they don't have any info to share, they are expected to get in 'read-only' mode.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nitesh321
    LOL :D Well said compuwalah.

All the frustrations & jealousy can be sensed in some of the posts on this forum.

This forum is useful for getting good information on RE & few specific projects. So members should be sharing the info as much as possible. If they don't have any info to share, they are expected to get in 'read-only' mode.

...And pray tell me what is the specific information that your above statement has added ? Would be worth your effort answering the original thread rather than making allegations .
    CommentQuote