Hi All,

Can anyone suggest me some good books which can help me a layman like me to gain some basics of stock market and other basic economics terminologies. I tried searching the same on forum, but could not get it.
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • look at khanacademy.org
    CommentQuote
  • Some books that I can recall is
    One Up On Wall Street: by Peter Lynch, John Rothchild

The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham.

Both are available at flipcart.
    CommentQuote
  • Economics -Private & Public Choices.
    By James Gwartney & Richard Stroup

Is a good book with practical examples.

But none of the Econ book will cover stock market. For which you may need to read couple of books.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki. Do read it.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks People

Thanks for giving me references. I will go through links provided. Till now I had never thought about stock market investments, but now I have started with it. so I would like to understand how to pick-up stocks? what are the characteristics we should look for a good performer, just don't want to get in without understanding the things as well just don't want to understand the things without doing practical. so started picking some stocks as well will go through the books.

Thanks for your suggestions.
    khbarilal, I know for stock market we have to go through multiple books/references. Can you provide the books if you have any idea for stock market?
    CommentQuote
  • Rich Dad Poor dad is a very good book.

Its an interesting read which will open up ur perspective.

for good technical read you can go to NSE official website where they have material for several courses

Happy Reading:bab (6):!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Already read!

I have already read Rich Dad Poor Dad. searching for other Robert Kiyoski's books. BTW does anyone know the money game which he had described in the book Rich Dad Poor Dad?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Dipti
    I have already read Rich Dad Poor Dad. searching for other Robert Kiyoski's books. BTW does anyone know the money game which he had described in the book Rich Dad Poor Dad?

I may sound like a old man but i am not !!!!!!
    i always feel basics are the most important things ....
    i come across so many people who have read lot of fancy books but rarely have there basics right......and basic knowledge makes a huge difference....

if somebody is a newbie in finance then first read NCERT IX-XII economics books.... these are very simple and give a very good idea of economics to beginners after this get hold of khanacademy.org.

:bab (6):
    CommentQuote