Bangalore to lose its IT status, NCR is here
By Staff Reporter Published: May 31 2011

Bangalore to lose the IT capital tag: survey - Tech News - IBNLive

Bangalore IT Capital | Tech City | Technology Hub India

domain-b.com : Move over Bangalore, NCR is here

???????? ??????, ?????? ??? - Navbharat Times

Bangalore may lose its crown of India’s 'Tech Eden' to Gurgaon and Noida. Fifty five percent IT companies in Bangalore prefer Gurgaon and Noida to relocate operations

According to a survey conducted by Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM), Bangalore might lose its status of being the IT capital of India. The survey states that the status would soon belong to the National Capital Region (NCR) of Noida and Gurgaon.The survey concluded that companies offering IT, IT-enabled services (ITes), business process outsourcing (BPO), and knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) in various domains like banking, financial services, insurance, pharma, auto, FMCG and manufacturing prefer to relocate operations.

The survey also finds out that Bangalore is losing its sheen due to crumbling infrastructure, compelling many companies to head towards more convenient and industrial-friendly centres. Leading IT and ITeS vendors prefer to shift their focus from Bangalore to other satellite cities like Noida and Gurgaon for more revenues.
Officials at ASSOCHAM state that the growth explosion in Bangalore has pushed the city towards serious civic crisis. Civic issues like roads choked with vehicles, frequent power outages, erratic water supply and poor sanitation is making Bangalore lose its luster to Gurgaon and Noida.

ASSOCHAM interacted with 800 directors, CEOs, CFOs, chairmen and managing directors of Indian and multinational companies in various verticals. Five cities were chosen to relocate businesses to garner more revenues. 30 per cent top-ranked officials of IT companies said they preferred Gurgaon, 25 percent wanted to relocate operations to Noida, about 20 per cent preferred Chandigarh, 15 per cent of respondents said that they prefer Pune and 10 percent wanted to relocate their business to Hyderabad.

The cosmopolitan culture, modern infrastructure, availability of skilled workforce, closeness to Delhi along with industry-friendly government policies are the factors which give Gurgaon and Noida an upper hand say officials at ASSOCHAM.
Read more
29 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by UncleScrooge
    Delhi / Pune may be similar in crimes but there is difference in the way how mass crowd behaves in Delhi and Pune. Any women who has traveled in both DTC/Metro and PMT can tell you that its 10 times more respectable for them to travel in local transport in Pune.

20 Lac passenger daily use Delhi Metro for doing jobs in different cities of NCR. In those 20 Lac passenger there are around 4 Lac ladies who daily travel in Delhi Metro. In last 4 years no major problematic news seen in Delhi metro for Ladies.

During CWG all foreign athletes like the positive attitude of Delhi public a lot along with surprising infrastructure , great facilities , good food. This is our media who only highlight problem of national capital region much more than other areas, otherwise every body is more safe here.
    CommentQuote
  • Ohhhhh I love Delhi because of Greenery, Broad roads,Flyovers, amazing winters, World Class metro, Great Market Place and Malls, Maximum numbers of tourist Places/Historical Places and Delhi is growing year by year and very close to All Hill stations.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by UncleScrooge
    Delhi / Pune may be similar in crimes but there is difference in the way how mass crowd behaves in Delhi and Pune. Any women who has traveled in both DTC/Metro and PMT can tell you that its 10 times more respectable for them to travel in local transport in Pune.

As a Delhiite who travels by metro 2-3 times every week, I agree that we have too many anti-social elements using DTC/metro and they are nuisance for women. Metro now has a coach reserved coach for women, so situation there has improved but DTC buses are still a nightmare for women.
    CommentQuote
  • Good thing, that Bangalore is losing its IT Capital status. I am Bangalorean ,but still support this move. That may reduce some of the inflated RE rates in Bangalore.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mymarji
    Good thing, that Bangalore is losing its IT Capital status. I am Bangalorean ,but still support this move. That may reduce some of the inflated RE rates in Bangalore.

I also hope all people bashing pune will go to delhi and rates in Pune will be affordable.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mahesh pune
    I also hope all people bashing pune will go to delhi and rates in Pune will be affordable.

I am from Pune. And it is sad to accept that Pune is going to become worst than NCR in terms of crime. I have come across many incidents in last few months about gundagiri at the public places.
    The worst part is criminal incidents in NCR will have seldom a political color. The gundas roaming in Pune are mostly have political backgound. On many occasions I have seen the people who are behaving arrogant and bullying common people have a `political sign' on their vehicle. And 90% cases that sign is of one particular ruling party.
    This is worst than NCR because in this case if a common man wants to take legal action, he will have long battle in his hand to overcome this political influence. Many times he will find himself helpless.
    IMO, the reason for this changing scenario is, some people have got money in their hand either from land deals and don't know what to do with that. Other people wants this kind of quick money for no effort ( mostly uneducated young). All these people are given shelter by few political parties. Once these people get this kind of support they are free to do anything in civil society and here comes the problem.

How will this change ? We need to save Pune.
    CommentQuote
  • H'Desh. stay for some days in Gurgaon among jaats and you will feel Pune is better place.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by compuwalah
    H'Desh. stay for some days in Gurgaon among jaats and you will feel Pune is better place.

You may be right but you can not ignore how the scene is changing in Pune. That why I said it is going to become worst than NCR. The reason is given.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by HemantDesh
    I am from Pune. And it is sad to accept that Pune is going to become worst than NCR in terms of crime. I have come across many incidents in last few months about gundagiri at the public places.
    The worst part is criminal incidents in NCR will have seldom a political color. The gundas roaming in Pune are mostly have political backgound. On many occasions I have seen the people who are behaving arrogant and bullying common people have a `political sign' on their vehicle. And 90% cases that sign is of one particular ruling party.
    This is worst than NCR because in this case if a common man wants to take legal action, he will have long battle in his hand to overcome this political influence. Many times he will find himself helpless.
    IMO, the reason for this changing scenario is, some people have got money in their hand either from land deals and don't know what to do with that. Other people wants this kind of quick money for no effort ( mostly uneducated young). All these people are given shelter by few political parties. Once these people get this kind of support they are free to do anything in civil society and here comes the problem.

How will this change ? We need to save Pune.

I am totally agreed with your view which is more related to Hinjewadi , wakad , hadapsar area not proper pune.
    CommentQuote
  • Sorry boss...this is not true...neither jaats nor marathis nor South Indians are bad...all are gud ..its only few people are bad in all cities..but that doent means community is bad...

Anyways Gurgaon doent have more Jaats...its more of North indians..
    Originally Posted by compuwalah
    H'Desh. stay for some days in Gurgaon among jaats and you will feel Pune is better place.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manu1981
    Sorry boss...this is not true...neither jaats nor marathis nor South Indians are bad...all are gud ..its only few people are bad in all cities..but that doent means community is bad...

Anyways Gurgaon doent have more Jaats...its more of North indians..

Jaats Are NOrth Indians as well :D
    CommentQuote

Yes Mahesh...........you are Right

I think most of the people wish so.

That more and more industries are set up in NCR.....more job and business opprtunities are created not only in NCR but in many other Tier 2 citis Like Bhopal, Indore, Chandigarh,Ahemdabad etc..

this will help in decongestion of few places and good for everyone.

ppl can live close to thair native places
    CommentQuote

I agree with you..I dont want Pune to be crowded like Bangalore..And ofcourse the staggering RE prices may reduce a bit..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by saurabh2011
    It just shows your frustration of not having any flat in NCR, my family has flat in NCR and due to World class Delhi Metro Connectively (over 200+ KM running metro network and still 150+ KM more proposed in next 3 years) we are more happy with NCR investment.

I would never mind not owning a flat in NCR (National Capital of Rapes/National Crime Recordholder/National Crooks Residence) :bab (3):
    CommentQuote