Hi guys,
I have booked a flat in Horizon at wakad , before the builder is paying the Stamp duty from my side but now he is asking me to pay the Stamp duty and is saying like he will reduce that amount from the Flat's basic cost.

I have paid for the coverd parking too but he is not showing the Parking allotment plan in the Registration Agreement and is saying like he will alot parking at the time of possession only and no plans as off now.

He is not even ready to give the Original receipts of the 20% amount at the time of accepting cheque and will give at the time of registration .. should i go ahead and make the payment. Is making payment through cheque safe enough ???

Can anybody have any suggestions on it ??
Read more
13 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by vishal11
    Hi guys,
    I have booked a flat in Horizon at wakad , before the builder is paying the Stamp duty from my side but now he is asking me to pay the Stamp duty and is saying like he will reduce that amount from the Flat's basic cost.

Man, actually, the basic cost of flat doesn't include stamp duty at all. And when you pay stamp duty, how will it be reduced from your amount later as the amount is clearly mentioned in the agreement ?

Ensure that the reduced amount is shown in the agreement value & see the calculations correctly before signing.

I have paid for the coverd parking too but he is not showing the Parking allotment plan in the Registration Agreement and is saying like he will alot parking at the time of possession only and no plans as off now.

This is again ridiculous. It can be demarcated in the agreement itself as ALLOTED. If covered car park is not mentioned, tomorrow he may well give you open slot despite the payment of covered car park taken from you.

Man, you have no legal rights later as car park amount is not shown separately & therefore without mention of covered car park, going ahead is risky.

He is not even ready to give the Original receipts of the 20% amount at the time of accepting cheque and will give at the time of registration .. should i go ahead and make the payment. Is making payment through cheque safe enough ???

No original receipts till date ?? Something is fishy for sure.
    Making payment through cheque is safe but timely refund, that too full amount is not guaranteed as builder exploits various clauses in the agreement.

Based on what you have said, I think you need to be extra cautious, speak with the other buyers of the project, get their feedback & yes, hire a lawyer to verify the docs & agreement papers. Paying the lawyer 5-6k is worth it.
    CommentQuote
  • horizons at Wakad

Originally Posted by realacres
    Man, actually, the basic cost of flat doesn't include stamp duty at all. And when you pay stamp duty, how will it be reduced from your amount later as the amount is clearly mentioned in the agreement ?

Ensure that the reduced amount is shown in the agreement value & see the calculations correctly before signing.

This is again ridiculous. It can be demarcated in the agreement itself as ALLOTED. If covered car park is not mentioned, tomorrow he may well give you open slot despite the payment of covered car park taken from you.

Man, you have no legal rights later as car park amount is not shown separately & therefore without mention of covered car park, going ahead is risky.

Making payment through cheque is safe but timely refund, that too full amount is not guaranteed as builder exploits various clauses in the agreement.

Based on what you have said, I think you need to be extra cautious, speak with the other buyers of the project, get their feedback & yes, hire a lawyer to verify the docs & agreement papers. Paying the lawyer 5-6k is worth it.

==========================================
    Hey Thanks ,
    Actually he is reducing the Basic Flat cost and is telling me to pay the stamp duty from my side from the remaining amount of my share, the reduced cost will be shown in Agreement !!.

He is not showing any Car Parking Plans but covered Parking is written in Agreement, but the thing is no Plans or Layout allotment is there and is saying like he will plan/alot parking at the Time of Possession.

Yes he is not ready to give receipts before Registration though i have the xerox copy of check with his receiving on plane paper but is it valid ??? What should i do then? What is the duration for Amount Refund ??
    CommentQuote
  • Sukhi12

Originally Posted by vishal11
    Hi guys,

Hello Vishal,
    I am also interested in Horizon wakad Project and going to finalise things soon. Will you please let me know at what price ( per sqft) you had finalised the deal.Currently he is quoting 3600.Which i feel is quite high for this location.currently there is no access to this road from Dange chowk to wakad road.He is showing many proposed road but i don't know whether they are really going to come or if yes when ?
    Please tell me from your experience with the builder How much negotiation is possible. What is the possession date?. In which building you have booked?
    Why he is not giving original receipt .Did he give any excuse or reason for that
    Also share your experience with the builder
    Thanks in advance
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sukhi12
    Hello Vishal,
    I am also interested in Horizon wakad Project and going to finalise things soon. Will you please let me know at what price ( per sqft) you had finalised the deal.Currently he is quoting 3600.Which i feel is quite high for this location.currently there is no access to this road from Dange chowk to wakad road.He is showing many proposed road but i don't know whether they are really going to come or if yes when ?
    Please tell me from your experience with the builder How much negotiation is possible. What is the possession date?. In which building you have booked?
    Why he is not giving original receipt .Did he give any excuse or reason for that
    Also share your experience with the builder
    Thanks in advance

1. Currently he is quoting 3600.Which i feel is quite high for this location
    2. currently there is no access to this road from Dange chowk to wakad road
    3. He is showing many proposed road but i don't know whether they are really going to come or if yes when ?

Hi Sukhi...
    m just curious, in-spite of you yourself knowing these major drawbacks about this project, may I ask why do you plan to book a flat here? may be you can share some good points about this project which will help all of us..

From your post looks like there is no real infrastructure around, is it?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishal11
    Hi guys,

Just think that in initial stage when you have paid 20%, you are in this situation. What will heppen when you are done with 95% payment.
    Just evaluate the happening and discussion between you and builder from the date of payment and how many times he has gone back on his words. If you can trust him after that , then please go ahead and agree to whatever he say ELSE start searching for a lawyer.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

Can any one (senior & expert members ) tell any thing about the builder Reputation, Transperency in dealing, Construction Quality and abt other factors,
    I request existing buyers of Horizon project to pls share there experience with builder.

Thanks in advance
    CommentQuote
  • Horizon

Can any body tell about builder reputation,Construction quality, transparency in dealing
    Seniors and buyer of the horizon project please throw some light on this
    CommentQuote
  • Last year one of our society member has booked a flat in Horizons but later on cancelled it and booked in Dynasty. What i remeber is that he was not happy with horizons the way they are desperate and asking for money after booking. He find somewhat fishy in it so cancelled it.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Guys,

Anyone still looking to book here? What is the current rate?

- Milind
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

I am also interested in Horizon wakad Project and going to finalise things soon.has anybody booked flat in Horizon? Can any one (senior & expert members ) tell any thing about the builder Reputation, Transparency in dealing, Construction Quality and abt other factors,
    I request existing buyers of Horizon project to pls share there experience with builder.
    CommentQuote
  • One thing is sure, they are very desparate, not sure what's going on. They called me two times in a week for follow up. Either they have falsely shown up things as sold to the buyers, or have lot of cancelations recently, or something fishy. I know 1 cancelation case, as the buyer got a better deal in a resale flat. Not sure if the booking amount was refunded.
    CommentQuote
  • first post after reading this forum for almost 3 months !

Called the builder on 9762 071 071 -

2 BHK -
    Area from 900-1200 sq ft, price range starts from 45-60L

3 BHK -
    Area from 1300 -1350sq ft, price range 65-70L

He said above price is all inclusive (for me its on Road price it you are purchasing car/bike ;) ).

What are experts view on this project, my requirement is 3 BHK but budget is 50L, preferable areas include Wakad, PS. I would love to stay in Bibvewadi , Market Yard but prices are not at all in my range :(

Right now I am staying in Bibvewadi but the rates here are just not making sense to me. One of the known society in this area is LakeTown and price for 3BHK -1450 sq ft is around 95L - 1.25 Cr, just ridiculous

Btw, he said we do not disclose the sq ft rate on the phone, but you can guess its around 5000L (all inclusive )
    CommentQuote
  • Do not Buy at Horizon

Originally Posted by yash.mahadik
    Last year one of our society member has booked a flat in Horizons but later on cancelled it and booked in Dynasty. What i remeber is that he was not happy with horizons the way they are desperate and asking for money after booking. He find somewhat fishy in it so cancelled it.

Do not buy property here.

1. Don't know builders reputation
    2. AT same rate or even lesser there are very good options
    3. Not ready for negotiation
    4. There is no connectivity to Hinjewadi from this place( Need to go thro odd place which is not good for ladies)
    5. I booked flat in Jan 2011 but still not get the possession
    6. Do not allow loan from SBI and its always better to have loan from SBI
    7. Charge with high interest rate if bank doesn't pay within week of demand ( No Builder charge anything for this and period for this is 2 to 3 weeks)
    8. Staff is very rude.( few name Sandeep sales exe and builder itself)
    And many more
    Think before buying flat here.
    CommentQuote