Pune developer 4 others die in Nigdi accident

Last updated: June 14 2011
31 | Posts
7484 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pune developer 4 others die in Nigdi accident

PUNE: Well-known developer Vimal Kumar Jain (63) and four others died on the spot when a speeding water tanker rammed into his Mercedes car after hitting a motorcycle at Nigdi on the Pune-Mumbai highway around 2.30 pm on Tuesday. Jain, who is the director of real estate development firm Kumar Properties, was on his way to Mumbai for some work with real-estate broker Sampat Ingle (48) of Walvekarnagar and citybased builder Shreeram Sapre (50).

Jain's younger brother, Lalit Kumar Jain, is the chairman of Kumar Urban Development Limited (formerly Kumar Builders) and the president of the Confederation of Real Estate Developers Associations of India (Credai). According to the Nigdi police, the tanker was coming to Pimpri from Dehu road when the driver, Uttam Kamble (26), lost control on the on the Madhukar Pavale overbridge.

Re : Pune developer 4 others die in Nigdi accident

Do we need a separate thread to discuss the accidental death of a builder?

Comment

Originally posted by nitesh321 View Post
      This thread is for the builder, by the builder....

Anyways, anybodys loss of life is sad thing...

Comment

Which Topic are you talking about Nitesh??

Have I diverted from any topic??

and Yes I thought this news needed a separate thread as it is a standalone incident.

Please let me know ur concerns ...........

Comment

Originally posted by kingmanish View Post
          Which Topic are you talking about Nitesh??

Have I diverted from any topic??

and Yes I thought this news needed a separate thread as it is a standalone incident.

Please let me know ur concerns ...........
          Anybody's death is a sad thing. And this was a news. Not a project where there will be sequence of events taking place after it & which can be discussed. Also this accident is not related to the construction quality or something. Just my opinion. If everybody think so, you may please continue the thread.

Comment

Anybody's death is a sad thing. And this was a news. Not a project where there will be sequence of events taking place after it & which can be discussed. Also this accident is not related to the construction quality or something. Just my opinion. If everybody think so, you may please continue the thread.
            This is a news about the tragic demise of one of the biggest players
            in Pune RE.

So I thougt of sharing it on the most happening real estate forum in India.

This forum is not just to discuss some project and construction quality.

better stop wasting ur time here and read about construction quality in other threads ....

Comment

One can turn this topic into a discussion on infrastructure. What if there was a strong physical barrier dividing the opposing lanes? That would have saved 4 lives. But should there be a discussion just because a Merc was involved? Thousands die every year in road accidents and no one bothers about it. However, I do feel that this issue is also related to infrastructure design and not just driving attitudes of Indians.

Comment

Originally posted by kingmanish View Post
                This is a news about the tragic demise of one of the biggest players
                in Pune RE.

So I thougt of sharing it on the most happening real estate forum in India.

This forum is not just to discuss some project and construction quality.

better stop wasting ur time here and read about construction quality in other threads ....
                Enjoy your thread buddy. You are free to open as many threads as you wish & on whatever topics.

Comment

I have a different question here: why do builders die a dog's death?

Comment

Originally posted by varun_789 View Post
                    I have a different question here: why do builders die a dog's death?
                    Jab Jab Dharti par Paap badhata hai, Bhagwaan usko khatm karne aate hai. Here God comes in the form of tanker. God ... I pray to do the same justice with all currupt and greedy people.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X