Collapse

Is it possible to divide Bunglow plot?

Last updated: June 14 2011
9 | Posts
4308 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to divide Bunglow plot?

Hi all,

Please help me out on my doubt about Bunglow plots.

Is it possible to buy a bunglow plot by two people (dividing it into two), and build two individual house?

This question comes to my mind because although land price is under the reach but size of bunlow plots make the over all deal out of budget.
    Last edited June 9 2011, 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling mistake in heading

Re : Is it possible to divide Bunglow plot?

Originally posted by arpit2k View Post
    Hi all,

Please help me out on my doubt about Bunglow plots.

Is it possible to buy a bunglow plot by two people (dividing it into two), and build two individual house?

This question comes to my mind because although land price is under the reach but size of bunlow plots make the over all deal out of budget.
    Yes, why not. Ensure that the plot size is minimum 3 gunths (3K sq ft)
    You both can build a twin bunglow (common wall between).

Comment

Originally posted by monds View Post
      You both can build a twin bunglow (common wall between).
      But in this case saat baara would be same for both.

Comment

Originally posted by saggii View Post
        But in this case saat baara would be same for both.
        They will have to buy the land on both names.

Comment

Thanks for the inputs.

Here I want to clear that I want to develop two independent houses on a Bunglow Plot by dividing it into two and registering them as two separate plots (say Plot1/A and Plot1/B).

This is some thing common practice in my home town (in M.P.) but I am not sure if this is permissible legally in Maharashtra (Pune).

Kindly help on this.

Thanks in advance for your suggessions.

Comment

This is the topic of confusion for many. I suggest you to talk to any good lawyer in pune for this. They can guide you well in this regard. As far as I know initially two guys can be owners of single plot. But at the time of construction of house, you have to get that plot demarked as A-B from town planning if you wanna to have two seperate plots as such or get sanction of plan together for both bunglows and construct twin bunglow with combine wall. Legally there are other options which lawyers can help you out.

Comment

from my information, there is something like this... the 7/12 remains on the joint name but within that you can fill out one more form called as 'faLani bara' it legalizes the internal distribution of the plot.

This form shows how the plot has divided internally and who owns which part... this enables individual to secure or use that area in the way they want.. but the ownership of the overall plot remains joint so an individual cannot sell it to a third party. At the most, they can sell it to the other partner.

One of my relatives did it for an agricultural land where there were several stakeholders and they had differences of opinions. I think this can be done for NA plots too.. check with local registrar office about the 'faLani bara' procedure..

P.S. in Marathi, 'faLani' literally means division.

Comment

You need to consider the society permissions as well. Some societies does not allow it.

Regards,

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
                  I think best way to get this confusion clear is to consult a lawyer.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                  Working...
                  X