Collapse

25L cash, what to do !!!

Last updated: July 30 2011
39 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : 25L cash, what to do !!!

25 L in cash!!! That is hugeee saving. Me and my wife are in IT from last 10 years but we cannot bear even 3-4 lacs in saving. Whenever there is a windfall, it goes to Stocks/Mutual funds or RE. Yet to start in metals. Already got an 'investor' flat in Wakad in 2009.

Anyways,
    As some ppl have suggested, it will be best to distribute your earnings in some avenues. If you donot want to own a flat, a commercial shop is always a good bet. If you know how to play with stocks, use some amount there. They always get you the best (or worst) returns. If you are not much into stocks, you can take help of good portfolio managers. Keeping some portion in FD will give you peace of mind and liquidity.
    So my bet will be:
    7-8 L (Shop)
    8 lacs(Stocks/MF)
    5 lacs(FD)
    4-5 lacs(metals like Gold/Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by rajtjrll View Post
      Guys have been member of this forum from 5-6 months now.....
      have been searching 2 bhk in pune since then...

By and Large the news and forum and all says the prices will reduce, I have seen prices at the level where they were in mar-apr....no rise no drop...

personally i didn't found any project worth the money they are asking...in Kharadi (45L)/hadapsar(40L)/wagoli(30-35L) areas...

currently staying at a very gud 1 bhk flat for 7K i more then happy with this deal....reason to purchase flat is strong pressure from relatives to invest 'something' in RE....

This is preface.....now Question....

I have 25L in cash, of my own.....would like to keep 5L with me as liquid assets and can invest 20L at one go.......still need somewhere around 15L of loan to invest in RE.....

What you guys have to suggest, should I invest in RE at this stage or keep that 20L in FDs and earn 2L a year....

what will you (ofcourse many seniors here) do if in the situation like of mine.....

FD should always be the last option. I would suggest to go for your own home in pune. No one can predict RE appreciation/depreciation.

- If you don't wanna take loan then you can get 1BHK easily in 25L in Viman nagar. You can still be on your rented home (whick you like and where you are paying 7K rent) and earn the rental on 1BHK in Viman nagar, which is nearly 10-11K per month.
      Nitin

Comment

Originally posted by nitinsharma View Post
        FD should always be the last option. I would suggest to go for your own home in pune. No one can predict RE appreciation/depreciation.

- If you don't wanna take loan then you can get 1BHK easily in 25L in Viman nagar. You can still be on your rented home (whick you like and where you are paying 7K rent) and earn the rental on 1BHK in Viman nagar, which is nearly 10-11K per month.
        Hi Nitin. Strange advice when you think "no one can predict RE appreciation/depreciation".
        a) NO to FD which currently gives 9.25% assured returns (9.75% if senior citizen).
        b) YES to buying flat in Viman nagar which returns 2.5% only?
        Last edited July 3 2011, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmady View Post
          Hi Nitin. Strange advice when you think "no one can predict RE appreciation/depreciation".
          a) NO to FD which currently gives 9.25% assured returns (9.75% if senior citizen).
          There are many people who think RE will give minimum 20% returns/annum forever. For them buying RE at any damn price makes sense.

Comment

Hitmady,

I said that as Viman Nagar has good rental value. Its already a developed area and 1BHK will give rental income + appreciation too ( Comparatevely less But still there are 10-12 yrs old 1BHK in Kalyani Nagar and still they appreciate..).. So, It was just a thought for investing 25L cash at this point of time as asked by one of my friend in this forum...
            Last edited July 4 2011, 02:51 AM.
            Nitin

Comment

Originally posted by nitinsharma View Post
              Hitmady,

I said that as Viman Nagar has good rental value. Its already a developed area and 1BHK will give rental income + appreciation too ( Comparatevely less But still there are 10-12 yrs old 1BHK in Kalyani Nagar and still they appreciate..).. So, It was just a thought for investing 25L cash at this point of time as asked by one of my friend in this forum...
              Is 2.5% yield good rental value?
              Do you still think of appreciation when home-loan inching towards 11%?

Comment

Is 2.5% yield good rental value?
                Do you still think of appreciation when home-loan inching towards 11%?
                It depends on the person's requirement. If he don't want to take loan and has 25L in cash, then better to buy in resale rather than in under construction building. If you think there is no appreciation due to increase in home-loan interest, then people may prefer more to be on rent rather than buying. So rental value will still be there...I don't know if I am right or wrong, But thought of giving my opinion.
                Nitin

Comment

After a long time I found this thread in my history..so thought lets comment again

Hu RATAN JI...Gussa mat ho yaar..kahe ko khali pili laal ho raha hai..

Bhaiyon hum aap RATANJI kai 25 lacs ka hisab lagane mein lage hein aur ratanji pata nahein kahan gayab ho gaye hein.

LAgta hai ab band karo is thread ko ab to malik hi kho gaya...pata nahein kya kar baitha itne cash kaa....

Good Advise: Ask your parents and family first then you need not come to here to discuss this kind of thing.

BTW what happend to 25 Lacs in cash. Sab ud to nahein gaye ..kya kiya bhai ab bata bhi do... Are bata do yaar naaraz mat ho ..good boy

Bhai mujhe lene ki bahut aadat hai..bura mat mano yaar...

BR,
                  P
                  BR,
                  P

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                  Working...
                  X