Read the article about theft on June 10 at Magarpatta City. I am looking for a flat in a gated community and one of reason is security. I know that nobody can assure foolproof security but does it make any sense to buy a property in such townships/gated communities where amenities(swimming pool/security/and many others) are used just for marketing the project….

Burglars came in a Honda City dressed well carried laptop bag - Pune Mirror,Pune Mirror
Read more
4 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Best Security is watchfull neighbours

All the high tech security cannot beat the watchfull eye of alert neighbours.

I've noticed that societies are safest when people know their neighbours well and interact with each other.

It acts as a big deterrent to the criminal elements as they cannot move about without getting noticed.

I've lived in kothrud,pune since 1989 in a single building society. We used to have all our Appt doors open most of the times. Never had any incidence of theft in anyones home in the 20 years I spent there.
    CommentQuote
  • I have been saying for long time on this forum about magarpatta security.

Security at magarpatta is not for residents. It is to protect their township.
    They only care to protect the township and keep it neat/clean.

Iris / Jasminium etc have nearly 20 buildings each, and two gates for entry. The way security guards work to protect such big neighborhood is pathetic. They invest most of their time in noting down visitor names at the gates and open/close the gate.

This is why I prefer smaller societies of 2-4 buildings and 150-200 flats.

Agree with Rahul, the watchful neighbors is the best security.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aditi sharma
    I have been saying for long time on this forum about magarpatta security.

This is why I prefer smaller societies of 2-4 buildings and 150-200 flats.

+1 smaller societies with 2-3 buildings have manageable security. Bigger ones are too big to be individually monitored.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sunnybynight
    +1 smaller societies with 2-3 buildings have manageable security. Bigger ones are too big to be individually monitored.

From this post of June 2011, Magarpatta rates are touching 6K now.
    CommentQuote