I had a query related to the terms "First Owner" and "Second Owner" which show up when one checks property details on Pune Corporation website.
My property tax bill contains my name, but when I get receipt it also shows "First Owner" and "Second Owner".
In my case - First Owner is the owner of the land (which was purchased by builder and developed and sold). And Second Owner is my name.
What is the interpretation of "First Owner" and "Second Owner"?
a. Is it "xyz" was the first owner and now "abc" is the new owner?
OR
b. Is it that both xyz and abc are joint owners?
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Experts, kindly advise answer to the prolonged question.

What is the interpretation of "First Owner" and "Second Owner" in property tax bill?

many thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Till the conveyance deed is not done by the builder to society, builder name will be there as the 1st owner. Once the conveyance deed is done then legally the society becomes the land owner and you are owner of a part of it. Then you can approach the concerned authority to remove the builder name from the first owner.
    CommentQuote
  • My Pune property TAX BILL shows "First Owner" The previous owner who sold flat to me and "Second Owner" shows my name
    Society is not yet formed and conveyance deed is not done yet who sold flat to me and "Second Owner" shows my name
    Society is not yet formed and conveyance deed is not done yet who sold flat to me and "Second Owner" shows my name
    Society is not yet formed and conveyance deed is not done yet
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aginblr
    My Pune property TAX BILL shows "First Owner" The previous owner who sold flat to me and "Second Owner" shows my name
    Society is not yet formed and conveyance deed is not done yet

Generally the process is that once the Sale deed is registered then the update in the property tax database is done by PMC...there is a time lag to it ...and sometimes it also gets missed (incompetent clerks)..

If you have bought it more than 1 year back from first owner..then i would suggest you go to ward office and expedite or submit documents to the change.

Generally the process is that once the Sale deed is registered then the update in the property tax database is done by PMC...there is a time lag to it ...and sometimes it also gets missed (incompetent clerks)..

If you have bought it more than 1 year back from first owner..then i would suggest you go to ward office and expedite or submit documents to the change.

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mmulye

Is there any drawback if we don't update the names in property tax receipts ? Will it affect anything ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by talk2pk
    Is there any drawback if we don't update the names in property tax receipts ? Will it affect anything ?

It is always safe to keep your documents upto date.
    India is a very document oriented nation.'
    Legally when property tax receipt is in someone else's name,when claiming IT deduction,there could be a problem of submitting additional documents to substantiate tax payment.
    CommentQuote
  • Original question in 2011 , first answered in 2014 then reopened in 2016
    CommentQuote