Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Property Tax First Owner Second Owner

Collapse
X
Collapse

Property Tax First Owner Second Owner

Last updated: May 19 2016
7 | Posts
6008 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Property Tax First Owner Second Owner

    I had a query related to the terms "First Owner" and "Second Owner" which show up when one checks property details on Pune Corporation website.
    My property tax bill contains my name, but when I get receipt it also shows "First Owner" and "Second Owner".
    In my case - First Owner is the owner of the land (which was purchased by builder and developed and sold). And Second Owner is my name.
    What is the interpretation of "First Owner" and "Second Owner"?
    a. Is it "xyz" was the first owner and now "abc" is the new owner?
    OR
    b. Is it that both xyz and abc are joint owners?
  • #2

    #2

    Re : Property Tax First Owner Second Owner

    Experts, kindly advise answer to the prolonged question.

    What is the interpretation of "First Owner" and "Second Owner" in property tax bill?

    many thanks.

    Comment

    • #3

      #3

      Re : Property Tax First Owner Second Owner

      Till the conveyance deed is not done by the builder to society, builder name will be there as the 1st owner. Once the conveyance deed is done then legally the society becomes the land owner and you are owner of a part of it. Then you can approach the concerned authority to remove the builder name from the first owner.

      Comment

      • #4

        #4

        Re : Property Tax First Owner Second Owner

        My Pune property [residential flat] TAX BILL shows "First Owner" The previous owner [not the builder] who sold flat to me and "Second Owner" shows my name
        Society is not yet formed and conveyance deed is not done yet

        Comment

        • #5

          #5

          Re : Property Tax First Owner Second Owner

          Originally posted by aginblr View Post
          My Pune property [residential flat] TAX BILL shows "First Owner" The previous owner [not the builder] who sold flat to me and "Second Owner" shows my name
          Society is not yet formed and conveyance deed is not done yet
          Generally the process is that once the Sale deed is registered then the update in the property tax database is done by PMC...there is a time lag to it ...and sometimes it also gets missed (incompetent clerks)..

          If you have bought it more than 1 year back from first owner..then i would suggest you go to ward office and expedite or submit documents to the change.

          Comment

          • #6

            #6

            Re : Property Tax First Owner Second Owner

            Originally posted by mmulye View Post
            Generally the process is that once the Sale deed is registered then the update in the property tax database is done by PMC...there is a time lag to it ...and sometimes it also gets missed (incompetent clerks)..

            If you have bought it more than 1 year back from first owner..then i would suggest you go to ward office and expedite or submit documents to the change.
            Is there any drawback if we don't update the names in property tax receipts ? Will it affect anything ?

            Comment

            • #7

              #7

              Re : Property Tax First Owner Second Owner

              Originally posted by talk2pk View Post
              Is there any drawback if we don't update the names in property tax receipts ? Will it affect anything ?
              It is always safe to keep your documents upto date.
              India is a very document oriented nation.'
              Legally when property tax receipt is in someone else's name,when claiming IT deduction,there could be a problem of submitting additional documents to substantiate tax payment.

              Comment

              • #8

                #8

                Re : Property Tax First Owner Second Owner

                Original question in 2011 , first answered in 2014 then reopened in 2016

                Comment

                Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X