Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Builders & RE Bulls Theory Proved Right !!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

Builders & RE Bulls Theory Proved Right !!!

Last updated: June 15 2016
538 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re : Builders & RE Bulls Theory Proved Right !!!

    Originally posted by Baruch View Post
    Wisemen,

    Trust us on this...hiring in IT has not been so bullish for almost 3-4 years now....things are really looking better...double digit hike is back too

    also...if Modi comes...manufacturing will revive too...economy is really bottoming out
    As you had once said to me ... "some data please?"

    I would like to believe it (and it may very well true as in the case of "green shoots", but I have been down this road before in IT more than once (been in IT export sector for 29 years now).

    The problem unfortunately is external and we are only the secondary beneficiaries of whatever happens out there in the West (especially in IT). One needs to see at least 2 Qtrs of continuing rise in numbers before starting to rely on this trend. It could simply be a swing from excessive negative, which could imply a rise in hiring to fill some positions but not any major swing in job requirements coming in from the West.

    Its like the Housing Rebound in the US. Too soon it was called recovery and now we are starting to see that it was really a relief rally in a larger bear market.

    The danger in these bounces is, lots of people start taking them for real recovery into a bull market and quickly (prematurely) get back to their excessive spending, only to see it reverse swing and they get caught into even deeper trouble.

    I would suggest continued caution for at least another 6-9 months (with savings going on in full swing) before venturing out.

    The big one in the West is still on its way and when it hits the reversal here would be very rapid with no time for people here to take evasive action.

    Let us see.

    cheers

    Comment


    • Re : Builders & RE Bulls Theory Proved Right !!!

      The domestic IT market is growing by leaps and bounds

      Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • Re : Builders & RE Bulls Theory Proved Right !!!

        Pune paying price for Hinjewadi mess :-(

        Infosys hopes to start work on Mohali IT SEZ by October - Economic Times

        "Not in more than 100 days (since Sukhbir met Murthy in Bangalore last year), we are here setting up the campus. Infosys will have big impact on economic scenario of state be it hotel, real estate sectors.. (with it) overall economic conditions will get boost," he said.

        Punjab government has been trying very hard to bring a big IT company to the state as an anchor company in order to provide impetus to IT sector in the state. It has also set up an IT city in Mohali at an area of 1600 acres of land.

        Asked about new IT campuses of Infosys coming up, Murthy said that the company would start new centres at Indore and Noida.

        "We will also be starting a centre in Noida because we do have a lot of our employees coming from northern part of the country and so many of them have expressed their desire to be nearer their parents, nears their home towns. So we said we always believe as a company that keeping our employees as happy as they can. Therefore, we decided to expand.

        "We will have a campus in Noida, we have one in Gurgaon, we have one in Jaipur and we will be starting a new campus in Indore. We laid the foundation stone in Nagpur. So these are parts of our future expansion," he said.
        Last edited February 23 2014, 09:37 PM.

        Comment


        • Re : Builders & RE Bulls Theory Proved Right !!!

          Originally posted by Baruch View Post
          Pune paying price for Hinjewadi mess :-(

          Infosys hopes to start work on Mohali IT SEZ by October - Economic Times

          "Not in more than 100 days (since Sukhbir met Murthy in Bangalore last year), we are here setting up the campus. Infosys will have big impact on economic scenario of state be it hotel, real estate sectors.. (with it) overall economic conditions will get boost," he said.

          Punjab government has been trying very hard to bring a big IT company to the state as an anchor company in order to provide impetus to IT sector in the state. It has also set up an IT city in Mohali at an area of 1600 acres of land.

          Asked about new IT campuses of Infosys coming up, Murthy said that the company would start new centres at Indore and Noida.

          "We will also be starting a centre in Noida because we do have a lot of our employees coming from northern part of the country and so many of them have expressed their desire to be nearer their parents, nears their home towns. So we said we always believe as a company that keeping our employees as happy as they can. Therefore, we decided to expand.

          "We will have a campus in Noida, we have one in Gurgaon, we have one in Jaipur and we will be starting a new campus in Indore. We laid the foundation stone in Nagpur. So these are parts of our future expansion," he said.
          Many of such centers are just outposts to claim tax benefits etc or running small inconsequential projects. No real work gets done until years after starting the centre. E.g. gujarat already has tata tech igate-patni cybage and indore has/had csc. Even lucknow has tcs.
          Bangalore hyd chennai pune ncr and even mumbai are still strong centers and attract more investment. I m not sure how long pune will be attractive though.
          I do have some info on this one though I wont claim authority. I ll be the first to rush to gujarat if job opportunities and salaries were good.

          I am not pessimistic on this one but it will be five years before some work gets done there.

          Comment


          • Re : Builders & RE Bulls Theory Proved Right !!!

            Originally posted by Baruch View Post
            Pune paying price for Hinjewadi mess :-(

            Infosys hopes to start work on Mohali IT SEZ by October - Economic Times

            "Not in more than 100 days (since Sukhbir met Murthy in Bangalore last year), we are here setting up the campus. Infosys will have big impact on economic scenario of state be it hotel, real estate sectors.. (with it) overall economic conditions will get boost," he said.

            Punjab government has been trying very hard to bring a big IT company to the state as an anchor company in order to provide impetus to IT sector in the state. It has also set up an IT city in Mohali at an area of 1600 acres of land.

            Asked about new IT campuses of Infosys coming up, Murthy said that the company would start new centres at Indore and Noida.

            "We will also be starting a centre in Noida because we do have a lot of our employees coming from northern part of the country and so many of them have expressed their desire to be nearer their parents, nears their home towns. So we said we always believe as a company that keeping our employees as happy as they can. Therefore, we decided to expand.

            "We will have a campus in Noida, we have one in Gurgaon, we have one in Jaipur and we will be starting a new campus in Indore. We laid the foundation stone in Nagpur. So these are parts of our future expansion," he said.
            My wife was in Nagpur yesterday and she asked NRN how quickly could the centre start and how many jobs. He said at the end of 4 years 5000 people working. This is phase 1. This was a one on one chat. Overall 14000 jobs but that could take a decade.

            This was the need of the hour. Glad decentralization is happening.

            Comment


            • Re : Builders & RE Bulls Theory Proved Right !!!

              Originally posted by Sat234 View Post
              Many of such centers are just outposts to claim tax benefits etc or running small inconsequential projects. No real work gets done until years after starting the centre. E.g. gujarat already has tata tech igate-patni cybage and indore has/had csc. Even lucknow has tcs.
              Bangalore hyd chennai pune ncr and even mumbai are still strong centers and attract more investment. I m not sure how long pune will be attractive though.
              I do have some info on this one though I wont claim authority. I ll be the first to rush to gujarat if job opportunities and salaries were good.

              I am not pessimistic on this one but it will be five years before some work gets done there.
              All current centres in Indore lucknow etc are small ones, but the new ones coming up are big. Talent availability, cost and politics main factor. Pune still has room for expansion, but it has already become very costly

              Comment


              • Re : Builders & RE Bulls Theory Proved Right !!!

                There have been such promises in the past. Trivandrum and gandhinagar were supposed to be the next it destinations. It all depends on political will infrastructure manpower. Sadly modi has been able to make gujarat a pharma and manufacturing powerhouse but not an IT destination. And IT is not everything I say this even though I am one. Still nagpur was being hyped since last five years. My friend even worked there for a year and came back to pune. One infy cannot make a place an IT destination.

                Comment


                • Re : Builders & RE Bulls Theory Proved Right !!!

                  Originally posted by wiseman View Post
                  Paaap,

                  IIT's are not going to have problem about job offers. Its institutes like Raghavendra Institute of Technology (a fictitious Engg college with hardly any labs or good academic staff in the middle of nowhere which charges students 4 lakhs per year and gives them a worthless piece of paper after 4 years) which are having problems already. I'd like you to publish the surge in job offers by top IT companies wo these institutes!

                  The silent killer here is automation. This could take 5-10 years but its rapidly advancing in every sphere. Check out the fact that while you are highlighting 100 here and 1000 there kind of hiring, automation is decimating 20-30000 people (out of 120000 that a huge 25%) at one go.

                  Yes, the job scene is terrible and is going to get worse, despite the feel good postings of 20 offers here and 50 offers there.

                  I would definitely believe in your hiring spree reporting if you could not only report the hiring numbers but also the firing and net hiring numbers. The hiring numbers are always reported by company PR but the firing numbers are never mentioned by companies. If hiring is so strong , why are they so afraid to post that news as well?!

                  Not that I want it to be negative in any way, but one has to see ground realities unemotionally.

                  cheers
                  -ve events like job firings are highly posted on this forum so I dont want to repeat that. What amazes me is that if one was to read the sticky posts of this forum then they would get an impression that the RE bubble is about to burst or has already burst.

                  I havent experienced the 1980s or 1990s burst or whatever people like to call them and when I go and check the prices of RE in Pune today it comes out that the bubble is not bursting but is actually growing even bigger. RBI rate hikes or NPAs or political instability are not causing prices to fall. People talk about inventory and low rents but that is not making any dent in prices. Folks who have 2 investment houses are happy to let those houses sit empty or rent them out for 10-13K per month.

                  There must be some explanation to this. I read the sticky thread - RE theory proven wrong.. - and went back and checked a lot of posts of see what was being discussed in 2010, 2011 and 2012 and it seems that some of the board members had pointed out that RE is a very different market and it enjoys total govt support. Even then you had this unusual mixing of personal bias about which way RE prices should go with the simple plain analytical thinking needed to understand the dynamics of this crazy industry.

                  Now new hiring from IT companies may not help burst the bubble but it certainly tells us a story other than the one being displayed on the threads.

                  About IT automation. I have spent 6 yrs in IT and all I have seen is pressure from client to reduce costs. And the easiest way to reduce cost is to offshore. Banking industry will certainly see a lot of job losses and physical bank branches are closed but that means even more dependency on IT systems.

                  Retail is another very big sector that still has to fully adopt IT. The kinds of jobs that the industry will need is surely changing but I think the change is happening in favour of IT educated folks and away from face 2 face type roles - tellers, check out sales people, stacking jobs in retail stores, brokers, etc etc.

                  The automation trend will surely play out but again in a country like India how long will it take for us to adopt it? We are still building metro, airports and happy with 1/2 Mpbs speed whereas the developed world has 80 Mpbs and electric cars and high speed rail.

                  Comment


                  • Re : Builders & RE Bulls Theory Proved Right !!!

                    Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                    Pune paying price for Hinjewadi mess :-(

                    Infosys hopes to start work on Mohali IT SEZ by October - Economic Times

                    "We will also be starting a centre in Noida because we do have a lot of our employees coming from northern part of the country and so many of them have expressed their desire to be nearer their parents, nears their home towns. So we said we always believe as a company that keeping our employees as happy as they can. Therefore, we decided to expand.
                    There is no doubt that Pune's infrastructure is a mess but in this case I think the reason may be driven primarily to curb attrition. given its sad hr policies, infy has faced a mass exodus of talent.

                    this will at least ensure that people from the north wont leave infy just to be near home.
                    ...Thoda Aasman

                    Comment


                    • Re : Builders & RE Bulls Theory Proved Right !!!

                      Originally posted by ThodiSiZamin View Post
                      There is no doubt that Pune's infrastructure is a mess but in this case I think the reason may be driven primarily to curb attrition. given its sad hr policies, infy has faced a mass exodus of talent.

                      this will at least ensure that people from the north wont leave infy just to be near home.
                      If it is to curb attrition then it is a fall from grace.

                      Comment

                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X