Prices doubled from 2009...enough said....
Read more
538 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Manoos
    Attitude have changed

I would say that MATERIALISTIC competition has increased where everyone is trying to show how fatter he is in terms of money.

Eg. I have seen people buy a new LCD TV even when it was hardly 6 months old as some of their relative bought a 46" one as against 32" of theirs.

I know a family with 2 brothers who keep changing cars in less than an year if the other brother buys a bigger car.

Man, at the end of the day it is important to understand whether we want to live the way which makes us happy or to compete with others wasting our money, time & energy on it.

I am still using my No_kia 1110i which I purchased for 1490/- about 4 yrs ago !!

There are always 2 type of people, one who tries to WIN & other who tries to make the opponent LOOSE. Decide which category you fall in.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    I would say that MATERIALISTIC competition has increased where everyone is trying to show how fatter he is in terms of money.

Eg. I have seen people buy a new LCD TV even when it was hardly 6 months old as some of their relative bought a 46" one as against 32" of theirs.

I know a family with 2 brothers who keep changing cars in less than an year if the other brother buys a bigger car.

Man, at the end of the day it is important to understand whether we want to live the way which makes us happy or to compete with others wasting our money, time & energy on it.

I am still using my No_kia 1110i which I purchased for 1490/- about 4 yrs ago !!

There are always 2 type of people, one who tries to WIN & other who tries to make the opponent LOOSE. Decide which category you fall in.

Real, I appreciate your attitude.
    Its easier to do what advertising want us to do.
    Few e.g. book flat in Raviraj-group and "Elevate Yourself" :D
    CommentQuote
  • Property prices begin to dip, shows index - The Times of India

It was only Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Lucknow and Pune that bucked the falling trend. The steepest increase was seen in Pune, where the index rose just 5%. In contrast, Kochi (14.85%) and Bangalore (12.87%) saw the sharpest correction between October-December 2010 and January-March 2011.

Another confirmation that Pune RE is still in a bullish phase. Bear in mind this article covers period up to March 2011 and I know many examples where prices have gone up further from March 2011.
    CommentQuote

Dear realacres,
    +1
    CommentQuote
  • On a lighter note...

Once upon a time in a village, a man announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for Rs 10. The villagers, seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them.. The man bought thousands at Rs 10 and as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort. He further announced that he would now buy at Rs20. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms. The offer rate increased to Rs 25 and the supply of monkeys became so little that it was an effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch it! The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at Rs 50!
    However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on behalf of him. In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers. Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at Rs 35 and when the man returns from the city, you can sell it to him for Rs 50." The villagers squeezed up with all their savings and bought all the monkeys. Then they never saw the man nor his assistant, only monkeys everywhere!

So remember .. do not look at land/ house as the only means of investment.. Buy if you living on it. If you are investing.. Get out at the right time.. or you will just have a monkey :bab (4):
    CommentQuote
  • True that

Originally Posted by Sharpj
    Once upon a time in a village, a man announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for Rs 10. The villagers, seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them.. The man bought thousands at Rs 10 and as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort. He further announced that he would now buy at Rs20. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms. The offer rate increased to Rs 25 and the supply of monkeys became so little that it was an effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch it! The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at Rs 50!
    However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on behalf of him. In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers. Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at Rs 35 and when the man returns from the city, you can sell it to him for Rs 50." The villagers squeezed up with all their savings and bought all the monkeys. Then they never saw the man nor his assistant, only monkeys everywhere!

So remember .. do not look at land/ house as the only means of investment.. Buy if you living on it. If you are investing.. Get out at the right time.. or you will just have a monkey :bab (4):

True that ..
    CommentQuote

+1, Man...very true.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sharpj

Great post Sharpy :)
    CommentQuote
  • Who has seen tomorrow but for now the builders are winning. Baner at 4500 who would have thought..
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by realacres

Problem with RE bulls is they see 2007 & directly jump to 2011 forgetting that 2009 also existed in between & same situation will be up again, more harsher as there will be no banks to pull you up either.

That is actually a problem with so called RE bears (or proponents of 'do nothing'). They are trying to time the market which is extremely dangerous. Those who stayed out in 2007 also mostly stayed out in 2009 - the RE Bulls Theory Wrong is prime example because at the time these guys should have bought they were starting threads on forums propagating a view that the prices would fall further. And here we are in 2 years prices have exceeded those in 2007 very well. So do not try to time the market. It is an extremely dangerous game.
    CommentQuote
  • so what is your story STOXXX

so what is your story STOXXX , are you a person who missed the bus or caught the bus , or in between ... :bab (38):

Originally Posted by stoxxx
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by realacres

Problem with RE bulls is they see 2007 & directly jump to 2011 forgetting that 2009 also existed in between & same situation will be up again, more harsher as there will be no banks to pull you up either.

That is actually a problem with so called RE bears (or proponents of 'do nothing'). They are trying to time the market which is extremely dangerous. Those who stayed out in 2007 also mostly stayed out in 2009 - the RE Bulls Theory Wrong is prime example because at the time these guys should have bought they were starting threads on forums propagating a view that the prices would fall further. And here we are in 2 years prices have exceeded those in 2007 very well. So do not try to time the market. It is an extremely dangerous game.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sharpj

Very true...Great post !! :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shashankgujjar
    so what is your story STOXXX , are you a person who missed the bus or caught the bus , or in between ... :bab (38):

I think he has already caught the bus and ready to get down to catch another after sometime when environment is again favorable for investment in RE. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Not sure how many of us read this in TOI saturday:

Property prices begin to dip, shows index - Times Of India

But Pune is exception, as expected. :bab (35):

Read this:
    The latest Residex released by the National Housing Bank on Friday shows that property prices rose only in six of the 15 cities covered by the residential price index -- which is a situation similar to what was seen at the height of the global financial crisis. It was only Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Lucknow and Pune that bucked the falling trend. The steepest increase was seen in Pune, where the index rose just 5%.

Bankers and consultants said if the quality of the property, developer's track record, location and the overall supply-demand dynamics are good, then you could think of buying. "Real estate is a long-term investment. So even if prices were to fall 2-3% in the next five-six months, they will rise again," said Magazine.
    CommentQuote