Prices doubled from 2009...enough said....
Read more
538 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I want to share with you my experiemce of property purchase in Thane.
    During real estate downturn in 2009, me and my husband attempted to buy a property at Ghodbunder Road. The price for 1 BHK was around 15-20 lakhs at that time. But due to no salary hikes, bonus etc. and no one to support for initial booking money, we thought this is not the time for us to purchase and we should wait.

Now with almost 40%rise in salaries and some savings in hand, we again went to market last month with hope that we can get property somewhere nearer than GB Road. But again agents directed us to GB Road and the 1 BHKs are costing now 30-35 lacs. This is double than at the time of recession.

Now we have realised that we have to make a purchase because this way, property prices and our salary hike will never going to match.
    CommentQuote
  • not seen anyone who hangs around even after

Originally Posted by mymarji
    I think he has already caught the bus and ready to get down to catch another after sometime when environment is again favorable for investment in RE. :)

not seen anyone who hang around once they buy property of course there are some exceptions but he is not one of them ... I am sure you are doing the same once your objective is met , who would have time to visit this forums and discuss RE impact
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shashankgujjar
    not seen anyone who hang around once they buy property of course there are some exceptions but he is not one of them ... I am sure you are doing the same once your objective is met , who would have time to visit this forums and discuss RE impact

lol...what a presumptuous person you are...in fact most here must have time to waste on their hands having fulfilled their RE priorities.....else why would someone waste time here than sorting their personal finances out....

I think the average net worth of posters here may be around 4 crores all assets included (incl the house they live in). And thats only average...

Of course I may be wrong but just looking at posts in this forum one can make form views...
    CommentQuote
  • Too high!

Originally Posted by stoxxx
    lol...what a presumptuous person you are...in fact most here must have time to waste on their hands having fulfilled their RE priorities.....else why would someone waste time here than sorting their personal finances out....

I think the average net worth of posters here may be around 4 crores all assets included (incl the house they live in). And thats only average...

Of course I may be wrong but just looking at posts in this forum one can make form views...

If anyone is having 4C assets all told, he would not be wasting time here but putting it to use to make 20-30 lakhs.

One big mistake is to assume full value of house as your own when equity is only 20-30%!

Knock that off and total asset value would probably come down 70% or more!

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Not too high

Originally Posted by wiseman
    If anyone is having 4C assets all told, he would not be wasting time here but putting it to use to make 20-30 lakhs.

One big mistake is to assume full value of house as your own when equity is only 20-30%!

Knock that off and total asset value would probably come down 70% or more!

cheers

well for a start I was referring to a fully paid house - if on loan reduce the loan that's what net worth means.

also dont tell me seriously that people posting on Stock Advice and builder got it wrong havent got at least a house worth 70-80 lakhs and cash + other investments worth 2 crores.

making 30 lakhs on 4 crores doesnt take a genious...put it in FD and job done...even otherwise you dont need to be working your guts 24*7 and can always find some time to make your posts....
    CommentQuote
  • Take a blind poll (not reveal identity) & see?

Originally Posted by stoxxx
    well for a start I was referring to a fully paid house - if on loan reduce the loan that's what net worth means.

also dont tell me seriously that people posting on Stock Advice and builder got it wrong havent got at least a house worth 70-80 lakhs and cash + other investments worth 2 crores.

making 30 lakhs on 4 crores doesnt take a genious...put it in FD and job done...even otherwise you dont need to be working your guts 24*7 and can always find some time to make your posts....

Why dont you take a simple poll! Specify criteria clearly!

< 1C
    1C - 2C
    2C - 3C
    3C - 4C
    > 4C

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • good idea...how do we do that

Originally Posted by wiseman

< 1C
    1C - 2C
    2C - 3C
    3C - 4C
    > 4C

cheers

How do we do the blind poll....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman

< 1C
    1C - 2C
    2C - 3C
    3C - 4C
    > 4C

cheers

Ok here we go Net Worth - Blind Poll
    CommentQuote
  • Call center shifts from

So we move to UK as it is cheaper there in Lancashire than in Mumbai..

Imagine if lot of companies start thinking this way.. we will see a lot of monkeys :)..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by stoxxx
    Ok here we go Net Worth - Blind Poll

I will be surprised to see anyone in this forum has total assets worth more than 2 Cr. Are we Indian richer than developed countries average people?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlotJab
    I will be surprised to see anyone in this forum has total assets worth more than 2 Cr. Are we Indian richer than developed countries average people?

I think you are in for a big surprise if you are serious. 2 Cr is nothing in today's world.

All these people talking about Warren Buffet, zerohedge, big time predictions for next 10 year, precious metals bugs and generally economic / financial experts if they haven't got at least 3-4 crores then I wouldnt listen to anything that they say seriously.

If they are playing with thousands or lakhs then it is a child's play. They need to spend some serious time and effort on improving personal finances than wasting time on these type of Message Boards.
    CommentQuote
    I think you are in for a big surprise if you are serious. 2 Cr is nothing in today's world.

All these people talking about Warren Buffet, zerohedge, big time predictions for next 10 year, precious metals bugs and generally economic / financial experts if they haven't got at least 3-4 crores then I wouldnt listen to anything that they say seriously.

If they are playing with thousands or lakhs then it is a child's play. They need to spend some serious time and effort on improving personal finances than wasting time on these type of Message Boards.

Dude, accumulating 2-3 Cr is not child's play. Most of the users of the forum I believe are from age group 25-35 and this much wealth (not counting inherited wealth) can not be accumulated by salaried class person even by adding onsite income. Also, trading is not their profession its a side activity and very few will be making more money in trading than their salary.
    CommentQuote

How many % of Indians do you think would have networth of 50 lakh leave alone 2 cr. for just real estate experiment?
    CommentQuote

It is true that 2 Cr is nothing in today's business world . But how many people can make that money from salaried class ? Even a person with a couple of lacs per month income will find it difficult to create that type of wealth as taxes , life and other expenses will reduce his savings drastically . The face value of money seems very small due to the continuous depreciation talk , but when you try to save that amount of money it will take you years and years....try to build 2 crores without inheritance , Sir...and you'll understand what I mean !
    CommentQuote

I indeed got surprised to see that one person has claimed more than 2Cr assets. However, I could see almost 70% voters claimed that they have less than 50 L assets (well less than 50L doesn't mean that close to 50L, it could be less than 5L as well specially for the people who don't own house). I know many people who have more than one flat in Pune (mostly who joined IT companies in early 2000), those people can claim assets more than 2Cr as they may be having 3-4 flats in Pune (each worths around 50L), but we need to understand that this is only speculative money not the actual.
    CommentQuote