Prices doubled from 2009...enough said....
Read more
538 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by stoxxx
    I think you are in for a big surprise if you are serious. 2 Cr is nothing in today's world.

All these people talking about Warren Buffet, zerohedge, big time predictions for next 10 year, precious metals bugs and generally economic / financial experts if they haven't got at least 3-4 crores then I wouldnt listen to anything that they say seriously.

If they are playing with thousands or lakhs then it is a child's play. They need to spend some serious time and effort on improving personal finances than wasting time on these type of Message Boards.

Ok, so I have 1 crores as net worth, is it a crime to be on the forum ?
    We are not trying to teach people what to do, this is just a blog - and it is hence a personal opinion about managing your personal finances and life. Blogs inherently help societies because if 100 people think differently about the RE market in Pune, and they want to come together - RE forum, is the best forum for them to come together.
    CommentQuote
  • PCPUNE, no it is not crime, but you have to be sensitive to other people who have net worth less than 10L.

Every year 10 Lakh engineering students are coming out of the college as per TOI articly. Around 3-4 lakh engineers get hired by IT companes every year. New engineers joining IT field in 2010-2011 may get frustrated to see that their senior employees have more than 2 flats and they (new engineers) can't even take the flat on rent. Now imagine how much remaining 6-7 lakh freshers will get frusted as they don't have decent paying job (non IT companies). This situation will certainly lead to more crime and to more those things where people will take out this frustration.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlotJab
    PCPUNE, no it is not crime, but you have to be sensitive to other people who have net worth less than 10L.

Rightly said.

If someone is sitting on mountain of Gold ... its his destiny. But he should not think that there is no one there on the earth.

And BTW, Do a person of networth > 2Cr have to waste their time on these kind of forums discussing RE prices. Worrying about RE prices is for poor and middle class only.:bab (38):
    CommentQuote
  • either you have too much time on hand living off daddys income

Originally Posted by stoxxx
    lol...what a presumptuous person you are...in fact most here must have time to waste on their hands having fulfilled their RE priorities.....else why would someone waste time here than sorting their personal finances out....

I think the average net worth of posters here may be around 4 crores all assets included (incl the house they live in). And thats only average...

Of course I may be wrong but just looking at posts in this forum one can make form views...

either you have too much time on hand living off daddys income or you are an investor who is trying to spread lies , you are kidding me when you say average net worth is 4 cr == 1 million dollars .. wow i feel flattered
    so going by your calculation people who are users of this forums are all millionaires having a net worth of more than 4 crs/1 million dollars
    CommentQuote
  • Come back to origenal topic guys.

What is the topic heading and what are we discussing?
    CommentQuote
  • There has been nothing off topic - This is the RE bulls thread - so expect bullish (but not bullying !!!) type of postings here -that is the topic.

It is expected that the majority here will believe that RE will keep on rising.

If anyone has believed this in the past also and has bought a flat or two, his net worth is bound to be upwards of 1Cr at 50L per flat - that being the nature of RE - since the RE bulls theory happens to be right for 6 years out of 7.

The RE bulls people are the republicans - they favour the rich.

It is the RE bulls theory proved "wrong" guys who are going to keep wringing their hands and bemoaning how expensive flats are getting - and while they keep crying, flats will keep getting more and more expensive.

They are like the democrats - mostly poor immigrants. (although a lot of rich hollywood types and richer Wall street types also vote democrat).

Ideally this poll should be taken separately for the "right" and "wrong" guys.

The net worth of the two groups will probably settle the argument once and for all conclusively !!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • so venky which club you belong to??

RE Bull or RE Bear?
    CommentQuote
  • I am RE bull for 6 years and RE bear for one year - then the cycle starts again.

Mostly I am a pig and end up getting slaughtered.
    CommentQuote
  • Venky the irony is that some time RE bears wait for the 6 bull run years and wait for the prices to come down....year after year...then from the guilt of missing the bus they enter in the seventh year (end of the bull cycle) and get slaughtered....

Because when they bought (in the seventh year) and got slaughtered as that was the end of the cycle....they become eternal bearssssssss and keep on calling asking and praying for correction to prove to themselves that they were right in their prediction of the market.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit001
    Venky the irony is that some time RE bears wait for the 6 bull run years and wait for the prices to come down....year after year...then from the guilt of missing the bus they enter in the seventh year (end of the bull cycle) and get slaughtered....

Because when they bought (in the seventh year) and got slaughtered as that was the end of the cycle....they become eternal bearssssssss and keep on calling asking and praying for correction to prove to themselves that they were right in their prediction of the market.

Well said....and hence I advocate that forget bear and bull. Leave it to guys who have ample money to play with and can take positions to exploit their bias.

For a common man they should not spend too much time on market timing. Should focus more on affordability. If it is affordable they should buy else that thing may never be affordable again in future.

Don't over leverage and understand your true capacity. Do your own research and remember 'buyers beware'. Do not try to time the market and never so on the basis of advice of views some anonymous posters.

Some of the top posters here have been posting bearish views for years and now their ego wouldn't allow them to accept they have been proved wrong by facts. It hurts where they can't tolerate. Do you seriously think they really know about markets more than what anyone else would know. I understand the frustration leads sometime even to personal attacks, ridiculing others and rhetorics. But we need to learn to ignore noise and focus facts.

I know that I dont know what Mr Market would do tomorrow. Only I thing I know is dont try to second guess or even worse time the market.

Better follow simple principles of diversify, SIP, affordability, not to over-leverage. Remember slow and steady wins the race.

Be happy.
    CommentQuote
  • Rising income sees hill stations booming as real estate picks

With family income on the rise, hill stations in India are increasingly becoming attractive real estate destinations for more and more Indians, according to a survey.
    While some want an embode in hill stations as only a holiday home, some others want it as a second home they can drop in any time they please. This appetite, though still niche, is catching up fast amongst Indian homebuyers.

Incomes are rising so much that people are getting second houses in hill stations....so much for bear food....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by stoxxx
    Rising income sees hill stations booming as real estate picks

With family income on the rise, hill stations in India are increasingly becoming attractive real estate destinations for more and more Indians, according to a survey. While some want an embode in hill stations as only a holiday home, some others want it as a second home they can drop in any time they please. This appetite, though still niche, is catching up fast amongst Indian homebuyers.

Incomes are rising so much that people are getting second houses in hill stations....so much for bear food....

It is a opinion poll and not reality. Please don't mix both. Makaan.com and other such websites always provide a pro-builder and pro-RE-hike news. So, no surprise there.

I also like to buy a property in each and every city and hill station. Does that mean my income is rising 200000 times. C'mon.....I wish it did. :bab (6):
    CommentQuote
  • there are two very relevant and important statements which i liked... one of them is as below

Originally Posted by stoxxx

For a common man they should not spend too much time on market timing. Should focus more on affordability. If it is affordable they should buy else that thing may never be affordable again in future.

Don't over leverage and understand your true capacity. Do your own research and remember 'buyers beware'. Do not try to time the market and never so on the basis of advice of views some anonymous posters.

The above thing is valid for anyone. Forget about the bull or bear mindset... home is an important thing and very emotional as well... so go ahead and buy it if you can afford it (and continue to afford till it is fully paid off).

RE as an investment on leveraged money (loan) is a bad idea since the returns may be well below the simplest avenues like FD and it has much less liquidity. It also involves a lot of speculation.

RE as an investment with 100% downpayment. If you are in this category, i dont think you would be here... you would be busy in meetings on how to tackle Anna Hazare's crusade against you... :D

And finally the second statement which I liked is below!

Be happy.
    CommentQuote
  • +1 stoxxx & Punerebuyer.

Most of the members here are looking here for a house to live & not as an investment. So why try to time the market & see how much returns will it give in3-5yrs. RE is a long term investment. Four simple rules to follow:

1. Buy if you can afford.
    2. Do not over-leverage.
    3. Find info about project/builder.
    4. Live happily. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by punerebuyer
    there are two very relevant and important statements which i liked... one of them is as below

The above thing is valid for anyone. Forget about the bull or bear mindset... home is an important thing and very emotional as well... so go ahead and buy it if you can afford it (and continue to afford till it is fully paid off).

RE as an investment on leveraged money (loan) is a bad idea since the returns may be well below the simplest avenues like FD and it has much less liquidity. It also involves a lot of speculation.

RE as an investment with 100% downpayment. If you are in this category, i dont think you would be here... you would be busy in meetings on how to tackle Anna Hazare's crusade against you... :D

And finally the second statement which I liked is below!

The important thing lies in your sentence that says "so go ahead and buy if you can afford it". I would say, 99% of the people who are seeking flats in Pune for end uses, can't afford the current prices. Only people who have already one flat (bought in 2004-2007) and net in hand income more than 1L, can buy at current rate for investment, and they are buying indeed as they have seen the growth in RE in last decade.

The bull and bear cycle theory won't last long (at max couple of more cycles) before it comes to stabilize level ( which should be 30% less than current prices, if we see afford ability). RE Prices in metro cities are now comparable with developed countries RE prices, how can be the prices in the same range? how it will be sustained, when there is huge difference in GDP, per capita income and more importantly individual salaries?

I could imagine if salaried people buy the flats at current rates, there will be huge financial disaster followed by emotional disaster in India.
    CommentQuote