I have booked a flat in Wakad, PCMC area in July 2008. The builder promised the possession of Dec 2009. I don't have any written deadline given by the builder. But I am still not getting the possesion? So is there a way I can legally ask him for the delay?

I also want to know what doccuments are needed in this area for legal possession? Please guide me in this regards.
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Please check your agreement.There is a section for possession in the agreement where the possession time and the actions if fails to do so are mentioned..If you have it then you can legally ask for the compensation.But normally its difficult to get anything from the builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vijaya04
    I have booked a flat in Wakad, PCMC area in July 2008. The builder promised the possession of Dec 2009. I don't have any written deadline given by the builder. But I am still not getting the possesion? So is there a way I can legally ask him for the delay?

I also want to know what doccuments are needed in this area for legal possession? Please guide me in this regards.

very sad and frustrating.....one silver lining though to make you happy is you would have booked at may be 2500 rate at that time...which is now 5000 in wakad....
    so be happy for that point at least.....look around, the price that you would have paid for wakad, for that price now you won't find anything in wagholi also....so be happy, have Patience....laws and fighting won't helps the poor in India...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vijaya04
    I have booked a flat in Wakad, PCMC area in July 2008. The builder promised the possession of Dec 2009. I don't have any written deadline given by the builder....

May be you can help others also by giving project & builder details here...
    If possible, you along with other owners can go together and push (or punish...) builder... :bab (58):
    CommentQuote
  • Boss you should mention the builder name here and help others too..

on other front, YES you can always fight this out provided rest of the owners are with you....you can always approach police get advocate and mention all these details...
    CommentQuote
  • Vijay - Please share the name of the builder for everybody else. There is no way the builder can track you down and victimize you. This could be one way to reign in the rouge builders - even if they loose a few customers with these posts, specially the IT guys in Wakad/PS area, it will pinch the builders!
    CommentQuote