Any body has any slightest hint as to what is the new proposed location for Pune Airport ?

Plot for new Pune airport finalised, says Ajit Pawar - Mumbai - DNA

Deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar said on Monday that although an international airport is being developed near Navi Mumbai, Pune too needs its own international airport. The state government has finalised a new location for the purpose and the process for developing the airport has started.

Pawar was speaking to the media after a series of meetings in the Council Hall. He said that he had a meeting with chief minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday about the proposed international airport for Pune. He said that the earlier location selected for the international airport was strongly opposed by local people. Hence, the state government has zeroed in on a new location which would be ‘less opposed.’
Read more
27 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • curious case of International airport in Pune

It seems like new government is looking for new place for airport.

AAI team visits Purandar again, finds factors feasible for Pune International Airport | The Indian Express

I am wondering what will happen to previous location?
    CommentQuote
  • I thought waghapur rajivade location was more or less finalized
    CommentQuote
  • One thing will happen for sure-->

Originally Posted by cracker
    It seems like new government is looking for new place for airport.

AAI team visits Purandar again, finds factors feasible for Pune International Airport | The Indian Express

I am wondering what will happen to previous location?

One thing will happen for sure--> property rate/price will come down like anything .. -:D
    CommentQuote
  • Was doing some check on my own on this and seems Waghapur (near Saswad) will be a better option (compared to Rajgurunagar/Shirur etc as Air Force is not happy with the intersecting airspace at both places) .

I see some secret ;-) dual airstrip already built near Waghapur (zoom out below link to get sense of the location)

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Will bring down cost of project by large factor as land acquisition would be easy , straight get into infra development (as airstrip already exists or will require some extension). If power transfer happen back to NCP next election, Pawars will support the project as its halfway distance to Baramati. Only challenge is road widening (to reach this place). Recently saw some initiative to widening the road from Pune till Saswad. There is Mumbai Kolhapur railway line passing near this site (there is already plan to convert into dual track line with budget set aside for same) so maybe if they can make a new station will improve access to this place further..

See this six year old post - https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/pune-real-estate/6430-new-international-airport--re-prices/page3?t=8276&page=3

Pargaon/Memane is in south while Waghapur/Rajivde is in north of this airstrip. So guess they are all talking about same spot or even if not its just a matter of few 10 km. One travelling from Pune to this place over 50 km , extra 10 km do not matter much .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by compuwalah
    Was doing some check on my own on this and seems Waghapur (near Saswad) will be a better option (compared to Rajgurunagar/Shirur etc as Air Force is not happy with the intersecting airspace at both places) .

I see some secret ;-) dual airstrip already built near Waghapur (zoom out below link to get sense of the location)

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Will bring down cost of project by large factor as land acquisition would be easy , straight get into infra development (as airstrip already exists or will require some extension). If power transfer happen back to NCP next election, Pawars will support the project as its halfway distance to Baramati. Only challenge is road widening (to reach this place). Recently saw some initiative to widening the road from Pune till Saswad. There is Mumbai Kolhapur railway line passing near this site (there is already plan to convert into dual track line with budget set aside for same) so maybe if they can make a new station will improve access to this place further..

See this six year old post - https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/pune-real-estate/6430-new-international-airport--re-prices/page3?t=8276&page=3

Pargaon/Memane is in south while Waghapur/Rajivde is in north of this airstrip. So guess they are all talking about same spot or even if not its just a matter of few 10 km. One travelling from Pune to this place over 50 km , extra 10 km do not matter much .

LOL.......
    do you have any idea about how big the airport air strips will look like ?? come on i didnt expected this from you.

these are some plotting scheme roads, you can see even a well in one of the air strips (LOL)

you just pan with same zoom to our pune airport, you will come to know what i am saying.

with due respect to you as my senior, please avoid such kind of posts. it creates unnecessory increase in RE prices in that area..... LOL
    CommentQuote
  • Prolly you are right . Hope I did not impact RE market much :) (happy to know my statement could make impact to RE market and that too in middle of nowhere)

CommentQuote
  • People who invested in Rajgurunagar will lose a lot of money as land and property prices in those areas will come down dramatically once it will be confirmed that the Airport is not going to be developed in Rajgurunagar area. Purandar site is 50 kms from Pune but close to 70-80 kms from PCMC. It will not benefit people in PCMC unless metro or even local trains are started there. The good thing is that a railway station is nearby. However, Pune is not Mumbai that one will be able to find Railway connectivity from all the places. Very dicey situation for sure.
    CommentQuote
  • Not that much dicey when you accept that airport will be operational after 15 or so years. Right now it is just in proposed stage and also not a showstopper situation with Pune Airport being able to support most of aviation needs. Also existing Pune airport is being expanded on priorty. So after 15 years may be ring road will be linked somewhere near loni kalbhor and extended to Airport
    CommentQuote
  • it’s official: International airport to come up at Purandar, Pune

After more than a decade-long delay, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Friday declared Purandar as the site for the proposed international greenfield airport for Pune district, ending all speculations on the site for the airport. The confusion over the site has finally ended with the Chief Minister declaring in Pune that the Airport Authority of India (AAI) has also given an “in-principle approval for the proposed site” at Purandar taluka in the district.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/international-airport-to-come-up-at-purandar-pune-3047023/
    CommentQuote
  • Next gov may change location Again. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Guys, with current announcements, how do plot schemes in Saswad look like? Are they worth investing now?
    CommentQuote
  • BAYGHAR. LOL. Nice and creative forum name ...
    CommentQuote