how is the safety situation on baner road?
Read more
16 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by hmpune
    how is the safety situation on baner road?

Its very good .
    CommentQuote
  • Safe is very relative term.. Can you please post your defination of safety?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by madgeri
    Safe is very relative term.. Can you please post your defination of safety?

:D Safety, lets go by the Dictionary . thief & burglars in the area, how safe for girls, ladies and Elderly?

this blog says in more words -
    Comfort Zone- Baner, Pune Aditya Shagun Complaints - Problem Zone in Comfort Zone-Baner, Pune
    CommentQuote
  • Read it again..

Why only include girls and elderly man.. Safety also include how safe its for young adults or teens. We need consider Gang wars, Drugs problem. Troubled neighborhood like slums. You may also consider safety in terms of chemical safety.. like how safe for infants and kids.

So I used relative term. If you consider only theft and burglary, I think Baner is safe. As of today, nothing major event has happened. But you never know the future. Also some time I think because of people carelessness certain events happen.
    CommentQuote
  • Baner rd is not safe as far as road traffic safety is concerned. Any day there will be atleast 10 minor/major accidents happening on Baner rd. Main reason for this is forever incomplete road widening and dangerous curves and slopes.
    CommentQuote
  • Baner is a relatively safe area..
    CommentQuote
  • Here is some:-

Main Baner road is good, but area around pancard club is junk.
    Then there are some so called 'Shaukin addas' in Veerbhadra nagar who has blessings of local NCP corporator.
    The Baner-Balewadi rd post near highway is unsafe too.

Personally, I don't find major issues between Signet corner to Ivory Estates.

The interiors aren't safe i.e. pancard & alikes.
    CommentQuote
  • Latest incident in Baner-Sus area..this is one deadly racket operating in west Baner area...

eSakal

Those guns operate this from couple of houses in Veerbhadra Nagar and area.
    CommentQuote
  • Guys. I thought Baner is safe area but going by this news ..
    I am not so sure :)

Picture khatam for Bunty-Babli, News - City - Pune Mirror,Pune Mirror
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by compuwalah
    Guys. I thought Baner is safe area but going by this news ..
    I am not so sure :)

Picture khatam for Bunty-Babli, News - City - Pune Mirror,Pune Mirror

And the thief was an ITG earning 1.5L/month!! Seems some virus entered his brain from PC :D. I find it strange how can such people behave in this way ? . Where were they living in BP link rd btw?
    CommentQuote
  • Its mentioned as Crystal Garden on BP Link.
    But if you think one way Baner is actually safe. People outside of Baner at are risk :D .
    CommentQuote
  • Haha, no updates on the raid on one of the "Shaukin Adda" being operated from the NCP corporator's brother's house. Sweeping under the carpet as usual?:bab (5):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    And the thief was an ITG earning 1.5L/month!! Seems some virus entered his brain from PC :D. I find it strange how can such people behave in this way ? . Where were they living in BP link rd btw?

Beats me completely. Why would you steal if you are earning 1.5L/month? And especially if you are so educated you would definitely be aware of CCTv's in the shop. Wouldn't you? Something is not right.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AnkurPune
    Beats me completely. Why would you steal if you are earning 1.5L/month? And especially if you are so educated you would definitely be aware of CCTv's in the shop. Wouldn't you? Something is not right.

Some more info... Was curious to find out why they did that. It still doesn't make much sense. If you want to replenish your wife's salary who not work and save for a few months and buy it rather than steal it? (One of the comments says that he had a contract job through an agency with Barclays Bank)

Techie sold wife's jewellery to sustain family - www.daily.bhaskar.com

Manager, MBA wife held for theft - Times Of India
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AnkurPune
    Some more info... Was curious to find out why they did that. It still doesn't make much sense. If you want to replenish your wife's salary who not work and save for a few months and buy it rather than steal it? (One of the comments says that he had a contract job through an agency with Barclays Bank)

I dont really understand how this techie issue is related to the safety of BANER... for which this thread was started I think...

its good to discuss the incident but to relate it to Baner .. hmmmm i dont think there is any connection apart from the fact that they rented a flat there or were caught by the police on BP link road... this could have happened in any other area as well ....Some more info... Was curious to find out why they did that. It still doesn't make much sense. If you want to replenish your wife's salary who not work and save for a few months and buy it rather than steal it? (One of the comments says that he had a contract job through an agency with Barclays Bank)

I dont really understand how this techie issue is related to the safety of BANER... for which this thread was started I think...

its good to discuss the incident but to relate it to Baner .. hmmmm i dont think there is any connection apart from the fact that they rented a flat there or were caught by the police on BP link road... this could have happened in any other area as well ....
    CommentQuote