As referred to in the post below starting a blind poll

Originally Posted by wiseman
Why dont you take a simple poll!


Include all assets e.g.
House value minus any outstanding loan
Other real estate
Stocks, Shares, ETFs, MFs etc
Bonds, debentures etc.
Cash / FDs
Precious Metals
Foreign currency assets at current exchange rates
And monetary value all other assets

Minus
Any outstanding loans / liabilities
Read more
Reply
52 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by stoxxx
    If I say no you will repeat what you just said.

    If I say yes then I will repeat what you just said.


    Like it. :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by khbarilal
    It’s a common tactics of builders & agents to measure pocket size of client so they can sell property at maximum. If you will talk to any broker, the 1st question will be how much is your budget, so that we can show you appropriate properties. Once you will tell some number he will quote property beyond that number only.

    The greed is gone to such a extend they will expect you to sell everything & buy property.
    Looks like some one is gathering the same info on forum as well.


    Yes, you are right. This always happens.

    Then we can also do the same with these people. I always quote a higher budget and then visit the property. Then I collect the owners number and tell them that it is not worth that price and see if they negotiate. After all they are the ones losing their money, right ? Some of the owners are ready to negotiate but the brokers are showing them a rosy picture, hence they back out after that.

    Many of these advts are seen online for last 6 months.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by stoxxx
    If I say no you will repeat what you just said.

    If I say yes then I will repeat what you just said.


    So you don't have courage to answer my question.
    This attitude these days is know as Digvijay Singh Disorder/Syndrome.
    Raise questions on others and do not give answer when asked about yourself :bab (34):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arpit2k
    So you don't have courage to answer my question.
    This attitude these days is know as Digvijay Singh Disorder/Syndrome.
    Raise questions on others and do not give answer when asked about yourself


    Yes I humbly accept I lack courage of any kind.

    The subtle humor passed by or went over but that's ok. :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mymarji
    Like it. :D


    Good to see that there is still life in some of us to appreciate the humor. Many here seem to me (wishful) bears and most of them angry young men. Anything non-confirmatory is attacked with fervor. Like ravana used to see rama everywhere these guys see builders / agents in every poster not falling in line with their crash-bang-crash view.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by khbarilal
    It’s a common tactics of builders & agents to measure pocket size of client so they can sell property at maximum. If you will talk to any broker, the 1st question will be how much is your budget, so that we can show you appropriate properties. Once you will tell some number he will quote property beyond that number only.

    The greed is gone to such a extend they will expect you to sell everything & buy property.
    Looks like some one is gathering the same info on forum as well.


    I won't say the below as I cannot stoop to the low level you can by labeling every non-confirmatory poster as agent / builder etc. But nonetheless just to give you a flavour of your own dish just imagine if someone said something idiotic like below to you....

    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    And are you going to compensate all those whose views you have been trying to influence with your bearish views for months for much higher amount they've got to pay for their house purchase due not buying when time was better.

    Even worse will you pay if the prices continue to rise.

    May be you have bought 2-3 properties and don't want to see others get on the ladder by making them miss the bus completely. Sicktactics.


    -------------------------------------------------------------
    CommentQuote
  • Point proven 30% of the posters who have voted even here (under lot of scaretactics from hungry (and angry) bears) have net worth above 1cr. And that is the net worth. So why wont the house prices which are bought on leverage be so high.
    CommentQuote
  • Hey stoxx, please vote yourself, esp since you have started the poll. By the way, one thing I forgot was that house value should not include loan? In that case, please put me back to starting point, i.e. below 50 L :P
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abeerbagul
    By the way, one thing I forgot was that house value should not include loan? In that case, please put me back to starting point, i.e. below 50 L :P


    You are talking as if I am a moderator of this forum. No way I can change your vote sir.
    CommentQuote
  • Some defects in this poll:-

    > The networth never considers immovable assets, especially the living home. Just check out how HNIs are described as. This means if someone has bought a house even on 100% downpayment, it doesn't add up to his networth as it can't be sold in lieu for something.

    > Networth is variable. Inflation & increments changes things.

    Last but not the least, even if one has INR 100,000 Cr in cash, does it mean s/he should go & buy some junk flat at Wakad on DP road for 50L??
    Just because the budget is of 30L, it doesn't mean one goes & buys Maruti Alto for 20L. VFM, VFM & VFM. One needs to have a 'Baniya' attitude in this regard.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Some defects in this poll:-

    > The networth never considers immovable assets, especially the living home. Just check out how HNIs are described as. This means if someone has bought a house even on 100% downpayment, it doesn't add up to his networth as it can't be sold in lieu for something.

    > Networth is variable. Inflation & increments changes things.

    Last but not the least, even if one has INR 100,000 Cr in cash, does it mean s/he should go & buy some junk flat at Wakad on DP road for 50L??
    Just because the budget is of 30L, it doesn't mean one goes & buys Maruti Alto for 20L. VFM, VFM & VFM. One needs to have a 'Baniya' attitude in this regard.


    - You are wrong networth is networth. I dont know what HNIs do.
    - Well everything is variable including whats VFM
    - Major flaw is to assume markets are rational. Such naive attitude will make one big losses. It is all driven by demand and supply. Value lies in the eyes of beholder. And it is true that when you have more money it will end up chasing goods that are in short supply.
    CommentQuote
  • Networth always excludes own house.

    Unless you are thinking of dying and leaving your networth to your children and are making a will - only then you include own house.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    Networth always excludes own house.

    Unless you are thinking of dying and leaving your networth to your children and are making a will - only then you include own house.


    I disagree. For the purpose of discussion on this forum, it makes no sense to exclude own house from networth. We have all categories of members on this forum: People having cash but no house, people having own house but outstanding loan and people having own house and no loan. There is no way you can do a proper comparison of relative spending power amongst this group if you don't take into account own house in the networth.

    For a survey of HNI people alone, its fine to exclude principal residence from networth as you can safely assume that it would be fully paid in case of everyone and would never be sold. Thats not quite true for members on this forum.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aaj123
    I disagree. For the purpose of discussion on this forum, it makes no sense to exclude own house from networth. We have all categories of members on this forum: People having cash but no house, people having own house but outstanding loan and people having own house and no loan. There is no way you can do a proper comparison of relative spending power amongst this group if you don't take into account own house in the networth.

    For a survey of HNI people alone, its fine to exclude principal residence from networth as you can safely assume that it would be fully paid in case of everyone and would never be sold. Thats not quite true for members on this forum.


    Exactly that is the idea.

    If you exclude house but include your outstanding loan then that will give a incorrect view.

    Anyway I think Wiseman, Venkytalks and couple of other veterans are supreme and out of general league as I would have imagined. We can figure that out from their posts. For them I need to add option of 20 crore plus or even more. They are smart guys we need to learn from. So I am thankful for them sharing their views and experience. My only request would be if they can share executable actions that would be really good for general benefit for the public. I would rather like to focus on that than debating endless about bull or bear.

    Please note the above is written with genuine appreciation with no sarcasm or other ulterior motive.
    CommentQuote
  • Networth is everything that u own on paper, which has a market value and can be sold comprises of net worth. It is the difference of value of all liabilities from assets.

    For calculation sake u prefer not to use your own house as u are staying in it but it definitely is part of your net-worth. I am not considering the time-factor though.
    CommentQuote