Sort by :
Filter by :
- BTW - it's Madhupushpa in Wakad that I'm talking about.. check the wikimapia here
Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by simantadattaI'm buying a flat in Wakad where there is a narrow strip of land (60m x 250m) right next to my complex, there are some 1 storied brick buildings, and even a half done 2 storied building (no construction goiong on though) and a narrow tar-surfaced internal road going on the long edge... it's some kind of "wasti" but occupied scatteredly say upto 50% of the land.
My flat is on 8th floor and I'm worried if a 8+ storied apartment complex can come right outside my terace, which currently is overlooking nice view of hills and greenery... it also will spoil the privacy.
What are the legal points that restricts how many floors you can build ? FSI is one, but according to that if my flat is 12 storied, why can't his be ? What is TDR ? Can a builder acquire this land convincing these individual hissa owners ? I'm told by agents that only row-houses or small building can come there, but none of them logically tell me if my building could be 12 storied on the same size of land, why is it not possible on the beside land ?
The no. of floors depends mainly on 2 things:-
Size of the plot & the FSI.
If the size of the plot is same as yours, then a similar size building can come up, if the plot is not close to green belt, red zone, etc.
TDR is Transfer Of Development Rights where the builder uses the FSI of X plot for his other project. The TDR is divided into A, B, C & D category in Pune where grade 'A' TDR can be used only for project in 'A' sector only.
Btw, telling that only small houses will come up in nearby plots is always a ploy of agents so as to sell some flat. Tomorrow is big building comes up, you can't blame them right??CommentQuote0Flag
- Thanks realacres. that's very informative.
Pls check the wikimapia link of Madhupushpa I pasted above. The point is, there is a narrow internal tar road going in the middle of that land/wasti... A road must be made by PCMC right ? So tomorow they can't just demolish it and let a building be built on it...and leaving the road there, there isn't enough space for the other half to build a 9 storied bldg I think (slenderness factor)
There is also a couple of 2-3 storied building being built (extension of 1 story) in that land's one side (near Madhupushpa C) .. so that also made me think that it won't just be rolled over by a new 12 story apartment.
But the agents and builders always say this "only rowhouse bungalow can come in such small/narrow plots, ... usko jaga chhodhna padhega etc".. so I always keep wondering whats the rule behind it.CommentQuote0Flag
- If row house/bunglow of some local gunda comes up there, it will be more headache for you than a tower being constructed. Wakad is notorious for localites having stake in projectsCommentQuote0Flag
- if dada or bhai decides to build a building there, you cannot do a diddly squat about it. in india, the local community has no say in how that community shapes up in future.CommentQuote0Flag
- its not a point of dada building a 3 storied building there.. its fine if he did that.. its an issue (to me) if a builder is able to buy a piece of land from 10 bhai's and build a 12 storied tower up in my nose which completely guards my ventilation....
Obviously, nothing much can be done to that it seemsCommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by simantadattaits not a point of dada building a 3 storied building there.. its fine if he did that.. its an issue (to me) if a builder is able to buy a piece of land from 10 bhai's and build a 12 storied tower up in my nose which completely guards my ventilation....
Obviously, nothing much can be done to that it seems
Stop worrying about things that are beyond your control. If some builder wants to build a 20 storey building, you cant stop him anyway, so just chill out and enjoy your home.CommentQuote0Flag