I own two plots in a Vaidehi NA Plot society in Bavdhan. On one of the plots I am constructing a house and the adjacent plot is empty. On Saturday I got a nice shock when the site engineer from my construction site called me to inform me that an agent is showing some parties my plot for sale. He also said that there was an advertisement in Sakal (Marathi) newspaper listing this plot for sale. I immediately went to the plot and quickly found out the broker (Datta Pawar/9960805239) trying to show my plot. I called him in the pretext of a buyer. He took me to some plots in Balaji Society (adjacent). When asked about the other plot he had in Vaidehi he immediately told that the plot os already sold so no point in seeing it. My heart sank more. I kept my cool and asked him to show the plot to me anyways. He promptly took me to Vaidehi and showed me my own plot! Now, confirmed that he is a cheat I asked him is it possible to make a counter offer. He told we will have to discuss it in the office. So then we went to Roshni Construction (Opposite Nebula Restaurant) and met Rajkumar Pawar his boss. There I lost my cool completely and blasted them in some very flowery language. A long cock and bull story was told and they furiously apologized. My wife in the mean time captured the whole scene in video. I am of course taking legal steps. Beware of these guys.

Later I also heard from my society chairman that one Kannadiga man, One Channabhat had come to meet him. Mr. Channabhatt apparently had given a postdated Cheque of 5L to these guys for my plot. He must be the biggest idiot in this whole scheme of things.
Read more
14 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by bonigv
    I own two plots in a Vaidehi NA Plot society in Bavdhan. On one of the plots I am constructing a house and the adjacent plot is empty. On Saturday I got a nice shock when the site engineer from my construction site called me to inform me that an agent is showing some parties my plot for sale. He also said that there was an advertisement in Sakal (Marathi) newspaper listing this plot for sale. I immediately went to the plot and quickly found out the broker (Datta Pawar/9960805239) trying to show my plot. I called him in the pretext of a buyer. He took me to some plots in Balaji Society (adjacent). When asked about the other plot he had in Vaidehi he immediately told that the plot os already sold so no point in seeing it. My heart sank more. I kept my cool and asked him to show the plot to me anyways. He promptly took me to Vaidehi and showed me my own plot! Now, confirmed that he is a cheat I asked him is it possible to make a counter offer. He told we will have to discuss it in the office. So then we went to Roshni Construction (Opposite Nebula Restaurant) and met Rajkumar Pawar his boss. There I lost my cool completely and blasted them in some very flowery language. A long cock and bull story was told and they furiously apologized. My wife in the mean time captured the whole scene in video. I am of course taking legal steps. Beware of these guys.

Later I also heard from my society chairman that one Kannadiga man, One Channabhat had come to meet him. Mr. Channabhatt apparently had given a postdated Cheque of 5L to these guys for my plot. He must be the biggest idiot in this whole scheme of things.

The first thing you should immediately do is get your latest 7 X 12 paper from the talathi office to confirm that the plot is still on your name and then get the fer-faar utara as well..put a NOTICE board of your name on the plot with you as a owner in BOLD...hire one lawyer as well a.s.a.p.

Last but not lease, the name of those guys found to be PAWAR, so guess where they are coming from :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bonigv

just file a criminal case and use media to put forward your case., so that even if the name contains pawar not every pawar is related political pawar's.
    CommentQuote
  • I had seen the adv. you are talking. I guess he has mentioned 1800 Rs per Sq. Feet rate. I wanted to call him. But I couldn't.
    CommentQuote
  • I immediately verified the 7-12 through MAHABHULEKH. I am giving an application to Talati's office tomorrow morning for the latest in original. Then I am going to give an application to PMC for tax assessment. The legal side is already in motion.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi dost good info from you. If you have possible to put video on youtube and share link with us then please do it, so every people will come to know the criminal.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for sharing this info bonigv.

Please keep us posted with whatever procedure you do so that it would be helpful for other members in similar situation.
    CommentQuote
  • Putting a board advertisement that it is your property would be good. You need to keep a close eye on the activity over there. Putting a "chowkidar" till the construction is not done is also a good idea.
    CommentQuote
  • Bonigv,
    One more thing that anyways lawyer will suggest you is to put an advertisement in paper, saying so and so land belongs to me and any such offers being made for said land would be fraudalent in nature.
    Do this thing asap, or may be ask you lawyer to do so.
    Second as suggested by other members, ask you civil contractor to build a fence around it, will take 2 days.
    No need to worry man, Don't panic at all, all such things require patience.
    And these brokers can't do a cent to your land given all legal docs are at your end, also society chariman will be a key person for any further dispute.

If you are not confident enough and have some contacts in police it will get resolved within a day. you will get to know each thread of info.

I repeat don't panic at all, stay cool since they have not made any structure over it (if they would have then it would take years of court case).
    CommentQuote
  • gossh...these guys have some guts...

Originally Posted by saggii
    Bonigv,
    One more thing that anyways lawyer will suggest you is to put an advertisement in paper, saying so and so land belongs to me and any such offers being made for said land would be fraudalent in nature.

Also if you are giving notice in newspaper, you should also give reference to adv given by broker...and dont let him go, otherwise it will motivate such ppl to commit such crimes more often...all the best...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gandalf
    gossh...these guys have some guts...

Also if you are giving notice in newspaper, you should also give reference to adv given by broker...and dont let him go, otherwise it will motivate such ppl to commit such crimes more often...all the best...

You need to make FIR report for this. He might have sold ur plot to some other person(s) also.
    CommentQuote
  • Holy :bab (5):! This was a horrific experience! Kudos to you and your wife to take necessary steps, and in time.

All the best for the safety of your plot as well as yourself, do keep us posted on the updates.
    CommentQuote
  • its always better to take necessary precautionary steps like making a fence to whole plot..putting up a legal name plate in the plot..and most impotantly DO MAKE VISIT TO YOUR PLOT ATLEAST ONCE IN A MONTH..

nahi to phir "khosla ka ghosla" jaisi halat ho jayegi..
    CommentQuote
  • Good to see that you took the agent for a ride :D.
    Man, don't let this agent go off the hook. Bribe the cops if required, but ensure that this chap is not goes out scot free. Put this news in media. Take the advertisement alongwith you too. Once you hit a 'bamboo' to these thugs, the word spreads in the market & even in future, no one will mess around with you :).

Unfortunately, I don't know you personally, else these chaps would have been taken to a farmhouse at Panvel where proper dose would have been given to them :).

Btw, monds, I too laughed when the agent name was Pawar :D.

* PS:- How can one be such an big idiot to give payment of 5L without proper inspection of land & papers ?? :D
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the support and suggestions guys. I will keep you posted on this thread. These guys were total amateurs - the next plot is also mine and I have an active construction ongoing there. My construction workers are staying in the plot they were trying to sell!!!. I make site visits couple of times a day.

The advertisement they put on the paper does not mention my plot specifically. It just says plots of 3000, 4000, 5000 sqft available for sale in Bavdhan. The agent however was caught red handed showing the plot to prospective buyers (including me)

There is a proper retention wall around the house and there is society board that mentions my name as the owner of the plot. I will also put a board from my side in the plot.

Lastly, I am not panicking at all. I am holding this property for 8 years. I know how to secure it. Thanks for all the good advises.
    CommentQuote