i want to know whether rentals in kothrud are falling compared to yr ago ? i rented my flat for 12000pm (2bhk) , now agent is telling that rent is 10000.
Read more
37 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Thats Good news!!

Cheers!!! ;)

No offences meant :)
    CommentQuote
  • Is it? That's a good news :) This will screw the already bent rental yield even more.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by drniks2000
    i want to know whether rentals in kothrud are falling compared to yr ago ? i rented my flat for 12000pm (2bhk) , now agent is telling that rent is 10000.

don't just go by agent's words..agents are hopeless guys trying to please both the buyer and seller and in between taking the commission from both sides..

so the seller is always on the loosing side..

one of my friend is getting 10k for 1 bhk in kothrud...so would suggest you to not take the agent's words for granted..do your own investigation..

in fact rentals in kothrud are increasing...jago friend jago..
    CommentQuote
  • Agent is fooling you buddy.
    There is no way rents can go down and that too in a place like Pune where there is addition of 1-2lac new bachelors every year.

Better go and consult some other Agent.
    CommentQuote
  • This thread is similar to "The sky is falling" story :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mKannan
    Agent is fooling you buddy.
    There is no way rents can go down and that too in a place like Pune where there is addition of 1-2lac new bachelors every year.

Better go and consult some other Agent.

Your logic is not totally correct. Rent may go down even 1-2 lakh new bachelors come every year in Pune. The reason is that bachelors share the flats, I mean any 2BHK flat can be eaisly shared between 4 bachelors. And there are atleast 100 new apartments coming every year in Pune, each apartment may have more than 200 flats (out of which few may be 3BHK or more , which can be shared by more people). And more importantly, many people leave Pune every year too. So rent in one particular area can go down, while rent in other area may go up. It is totally depends upon the market situation (I mean, employment available at that particular area, income earned by people who wants to stay in that area etc.)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by compuwalah
    This thread is similar to "The sky is falling" story :)

And when prices go up, which story is it ?? Land becoming Sky ?:D

Btw, atleast in area where I am staying, the rents have not gone up. The renewal of the leave & license agreement took place with rent remaining constant :).

Btw, if rents are falling, it becomes even more lucrative to rent then & save even more/month.
    CommentQuote
  • it is in saudamini, near chandni chowk , 900 sqf 2bhk .first floor i was getting 12000 last year , now my tenant says rates are falling and he only wants to go out. while my broker says he can arrange upto 10,000 or 11000 max . i really dont know current market situation .
    CommentQuote
  • I dont think so rents are falling anywhere in pune..but yes if u give in 10K than definately renst will start falling at least in one area by one owner

Rents are not even moving up other than the cases where u need to renew ur agreement and owner increases the rent by 10% or so..that all depends upon the owner nd tenant

Originally Posted by drniks2000
    CommentQuote
  • Earlier rent was 10k for a 2 BHK, now it is slowly inching up to 12k. No way in Kothrud you will get a 2 BHK for 10k, except if your definition of Kothrud extends all the way upto Warje flyover.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abeerbagul
    Earlier rent was 10k for a 2 BHK, now it is slowly inching up to 12k. No way in Kothrud you will get a 2 BHK for 10k, except if your definition of Kothrud extends all the way upto Warje flyover.

abeer . Thx for carifying. Listen guys straight from a rental veteran who himself is a renter and rentee (no. he does not rent unit to himself :) ).
    CommentQuote
  • Rents do fall

Rents do fall (Not just stay stagnant) and I have seen this happen first hand. One of my relatives has a flat in Pimple saudagar. It was fetching him 10,500 in 2009 but when the tenant moved after staying for an year, he tried to rent it out for 11,000. When he found that no one was interested he reduced it back to 10,500 and later to 10,000 and eventually had to rent it out for 9,500. It was a simple case of over supply of apartments in that area. So rents do go down depending upon the availability of apartments. Only recently has the rent reached back 10,500 (after 2 years at 9500)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AnkurPune
    Rents do fall (Not just stay stagnant) and I have seen this happen first hand. One of my relatives has a flat in Pimple saudagar. It was fetching him 10,500 in 2009 but when the tenant moved after staying for an year, he tried to rent it out for 11,000. When he found that no one was interested he reduced it back to 10,500 and later to 10,000 and eventually had to rent it out for 9,500. It was a simple case of over supply of apartments in that area. So rents do go down depending upon the availability of apartments. Only recently has the rent reached back 10,500 (after 2 years at 9500)

ankur if possible could you please give me society details if possible name,area of flat amenities in the society. as i am also looking for a rented flat in the same area.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mamol
    ankur if possible could you please give me society details if possible name,area of flat amenities in the society. as i am also looking for a rented flat in the same area.

It is Siddhivinayak Ginger
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mamol

You can go to magicbricks and search for the rented flats in Pimple Saudagar, you will be amazed to see that people (agents and owners both) are asking on an average 10-11K for 2BHK flat ( for some flats it is less than 10K as well), however I rememberd last year everybody was asking more than 12K. In December 2007 I was searching for the flat in near by Pimple Saudagar area and I was getting 2BHK in 9K/Month rent, now in July 2011 you can get 2BHK near by same area in the range of 9K-11K ( (9K in Rahatani area and 11K in Kunal Icon row). After 4 years, rent are not increased that much, mainly due to over supply of flats and majority of the flats are bought by investors not by the end users.
    CommentQuote