i want to know whether rentals in kothrud are falling compared to yr ago ? i rented my flat for 12000pm (2bhk) , now agent is telling that rent is 10000.
Read more
37 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by BlotJab
    You can go to magicbricks and search for the rented flats in Pimple Saudagar, you will be amazed to see that people (agents and owners both) are asking on an average 10-11K for 2BHK flat ( for some flats it is less than 10K as well), however I rememberd last year everybody was asking more than 12K. In December 2007 I was searching for the flat in near by Pimple Saudagar area and I was getting 2BHK in 9K/Month rent, now in July 2011 you can get 2BHK near by same area in the range of 9K-11K ( (9K in Rahatani area and 11K in Kunal Icon row). After 4 years, rent are not increased that much, mainly due to over supply of flats and majority of the flats are bought by investors not by the end users.

should not compare pimple saudagar with kothrud..kothrud is way ahead of ps in each aspect
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kingsmead
    should not compare pimple saudagar with kothrud..kothrud is way ahead of ps in each aspect

In what aspects (which will make the rent go up every year) it is different, please explain.

I see, PS is nearer to Hinjewadi, where most of the IT people work and who are responsible for high rented area. Kothrud is developed area, rent in Kothrud will go down (inflation adjusted) or will stay same (as inflation goes up).
    CommentQuote
  • All the people who have flats to rent out are shouting rents r not going down.....

All renters are jubiliant over the trend of lowering rents...!!

:) :) selfish Thy name is Human :)
    CommentQuote
  • In Kothrud, most of the societies are old, not having amenities like new societies in other areas or in near by areas like Bavdhan,Baner etc.
    So thinking of the people are changing like if we give rent more than 10K for 2BHK without amenities why not give for the flat with amenities.

And also kothrud is not pose anymore ,being congested day by day,only + point is the height of buildings are not that much higher than other area.
    CommentQuote
    In what aspects (which will make the rent go up every year) it is different, please explain.

I see, PS is nearer to Hinjewadi, where most of the IT people work and who are responsible for high rented area. Kothrud is developed area, rent in Kothrud will go down (inflation adjusted) or will stay same (as inflation goes up).

if this is the case then why rentals in ps are lower than that of kothrud...

in fact many are getting rents 10k for 1 bhk in kothrud..and rents in kothrud are increasing year after year..this is the fact..

why kothrud people are getting more rents..there should be some logic in that

just by having close to hinjewadi doesn't make ps a so called good area..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kingsmead
    if this is the case then why rentals in ps are lower than that of kothrud...

in fact many are getting rents 10k for 1 bhk in kothrud..and rents in kothrud are increasing year after year..this is the fact..

why kothrud people are getting more rents..there should be some logic in that

just by having close to hinjewadi doesn't make ps a so called good area..

Who says PS is better area than Kothrud. Obviously, as I said earlier, Kothrud is developed area however PS is developing area. Rent in Kothrud (not only in Kothrud, I mean in any developed area/state/country) will either remain same or increase at the rate of inflation. If compare the rent in Kothrud and PS, then obviously rent is Kothrud is high in terms of per square feet. After some time, rent in PS will also get stabilized (mean after that rent will increase at the rate of inflation only) as it happened in Aundh in last 3 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Rents are not increasing that much, in fact, adjusted with inflation, you will find rents are stable or even have decreased.

Rentals are micro market phenomenon. So even Kothrud will be divided into Paud Phata, Paud Road, Ideal Colony + Mayur Colony, Dahanukar Colony, City Pride theatre area etc.

Each area has its own set of dynamics.

This area is preferred more by hard core Puneri people, rather than cosmopolitan crowd. Since new supply is non existent, rents are stable.

Personally speaking, increasing or decrease in rents does not matter to me since i am both a landlord and a tenant.

But if you see over a period of last 3 years, rents have not increased at all, or only a little bit, in Kothrud where I stay.

If people are saying rents are decreasing in Pimple Saudagar due to over supply, that is interesting.
    CommentQuote
  • A one word reason why Kothrud has better rates than PS: infrastructure
    CommentQuote
  • and amenities and people around you.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by madgeri
    and amenities and people around you.

What is wrong with people in pimple saudagar??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gourjhamar
    What is wrong with people in pimple saudagar??

u can look around in PS...start with autowala ...bhajiwala....and the list continue
    CommentQuote
    Who says PS is better area than Kothrud. Obviously, as I said earlier, Kothrud is developed area however PS is developing area. Rent in Kothrud (not only in Kothrud, I mean in any developed area/state/country) will either remain same or increase at the rate of inflation. If compare the rent in Kothrud and PS, then obviously rent is Kothrud is high in terms of per square feet. After some time, rent in PS will also get stabilized (mean after that rent will increase at the rate of inflation only) as it happened in Aundh in last 3 years.

:bab (45):
    Why compare AUNDH with kothrud ? AUNDH is 'AUNDH' and kothrud is just kothrud:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by avdo_6
    :bab (45):
    Why compare AUNDH with kothrud ? AUNDH is 'AUNDH' and kothrud is just kothrud:)

Where do you stay? KOTHRUD or aundh?
    CommentQuote
  • Guys Kothrud is evergreen, happening place I love my area:bab (41):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Abhishekkk
    Rent in kothrud will always go on increasing till colleges are around there...no hopes for rent to come down

Guys, Kothrud is very good area, and we are not arguing about that, however as far as rent is concerned, as I said earlier that Rent in developed areas either remain same or will increase at the inflation rate (at max), so yes rent may increase but if you add inflation factor then you will realize that effective rent either remains same or may get decreased.
    CommentQuote