i have been looking for a bungalow plot for a while in Baner but had not found anything i liked.

this morning i have been shown a plot which:

is between 20,000 to 25,000 sq feet (exact area to be confirmed shortly, owner will only charge for total area minus road reservations)
    NA, FSI 0.9
    in a very quiet, prime area of baner (near petrol pump, less than 700 feet from main Baner road)
    ideal for a bungalow society
    clean and clear in all respects

since the size is a little big and price is firm at 4000 rs per sqft, i am wondering if there may be others who might be interested in buying a piece on the following terms:

min size per person 3000 sq ft. so min price is 1.2 cr + govt fees + legal fees + brokerage. these costs can go up depending on a lot of post-sale factors: will we have our society, common amenities, internal road paving etc etc so count in some buffer as well.
      some area my be lost to internal roads. we can divide the FSI proportionately.
      agree to be bound to build only residential bungalows with a maximum 30m height G+2 structure
      loans will be possible upto 80% of the agreement value
      plot choice on first come first served basis
      conduct independent due diligence and be convinced that the price is fair for the area since there is no room for negotiation.
      lets discuss this idea in public for a few days to sort out all aspects threadbare by july 25th. if things seem feasible, i'd like to get a lock on the transaction by that date at the latest.

please also contribute even if you are not interested in this particular plot but may know about other plots in the area or have tips on what to do/not do or anything else.

i am intimately familiar with the area and am convinced that 4000 is a fair price to pay but please feel free to discuss that aspect as well - just not on this thread, PLEASE.lets discuss this idea in public for a few days to sort out all aspects threadbare by july 25th. if things seem feasible, i'd like to get a lock on the transaction by that date at the latest.

please also contribute even if you are not interested in this particular plot but may know about other plots in the area or have tips on what to do/not do or anything else.

i am intimately familiar with the area and am convinced that 4000 is a fair price to pay but please feel free to discuss that aspect as well - just not on this thread, PLEASE.lets discuss this idea in public for a few days to sort out all aspects threadbare by july 25th. if things seem feasible, i'd like to get a lock on the transaction by that date at the latest.

i am intimately familiar with the area and am convinced that 4000 is a fair price to pay but please feel free to discuss that aspect as well - just not on this thread, PLEASE.
Read more
56 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • you rightly said that

Originally Posted by BlotJab
    I have been saying this repeatedly (to everyone who can afford to buy property which costs 1-2 Cr Rs ), that why don't you go to any developed country and get settled there with that much money. Two days ago my friend was telling me that his best friend has bought one bungalow in US for 1.5 Cr Rs (obviously he has to take loan for that because unfortunately US citizens are not as rich as people in Pune). And people in Pune are buying 4BHK duplex in Wakad (in Pride Purple Group) for 2.5 Cr Rs. Pune is much richer city that any city of America.

you correctly said that. In US which is totally developed country you can easily get a well constructed bunglow with more than 3000 sq. feet carpet area for less than 2 Cr. Rs.(read Rs. again).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlotJab
    What do you want? do you want to earn more and more money and don't want to enjoy life? I said that people who are rich ( having more than 2 Cr Rs) should live their life like people do in developed country. Today in Pune, you don't how many things are adulterate/ duplicate (from milk to medicine). Common man like me (and their children) use these things and we live like people are supposed to live in developing economy. I am just suggesting to the rich people if you can afford to buy 2 Crs flat/plot then why don't you go to developed country and enjoy your file there with your children, why you are here and making things complex.

By the way, starting new business (if you have money and idea) is much much easier in developed country then in India. And as far as job is concerned, mere bhai if anyone is doing job in India and earning enough money to buy 2 Crs plot/flat then it means he has enough capabilities to get the job in developed country.

You hit the nail. :)
    True in the sense that if anyone is doing job in India and earning enough money to buy 2 Crs plot/flat then it means he has enough capabilities to get the job in developed country.
    Life quality is more important than building asset of 2 Cr. or even 10 Cr. for that matter.
    CommentQuote
  • For salaried employees, yes that might be true. But a lot of the money in India is from untaxed transactions originating in the cash based economy. Those won't go undetected and untaxed in any developed country.
    CommentQuote
  • I have been looking for a bunglow plot in baner , the rates range from rs 4000 psqft in areas adjoining aundh to rs 1200 psqft in areas adjoining sus , infact i bought a 7500 sqft plot near pancard club in apr 2010 and have been waiting for dp roads since.
    A ideal bunglow plot size would be 3600 sqft and we shall need 10 members to form a society. I shall be interested in such a society upon more information provided. Contact: anildc009yahoo.com
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anildc
    nfact i bought a 7500 sqft plot near pancard club in apr 2010 and have been waiting for dp roads since.

with what rate your bought the plot at pancard club in April 2010?
    can you please share
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anildc
    I have been looking for a bunglow plot in baner , the rates range from rs 4000 psqft in areas adjoining aundh to rs 1200 psqft in areas adjoining sus , infact i bought a 7500 sqft plot near pancard club in apr 2010 and have been waiting for dp roads since.
    A ideal bunglow plot size would be 3600 sqft and we shall need 10 members to form a society. I shall be interested in such a society upon more information provided. Contact: anildc009yahoo.com

i don't have any other options at this point. please suggest any if you do.

with this proposal, the information i have now seems to suggest the following configurations: 8 plots of 3000 each or 7 plots of 3400 each. i am inclined to go with the former since the ticket size comes down and any other per capita costs will go down. thoughts ?
    CommentQuote
  • folks discussing topics not connected with this thread's proposal: please take your discussions elsewhere. this thread is dedicated to discussing a specific topic. if you feel the need to talk about other topics, go to the appropriate thread. it is not that diffcult to understand, is it ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amolsw
    You hit the nail. :)
    True in the sense that if anyone is doing job in India and earning enough money to buy 2 Crs plot/flat then it means he has enough capabilities to get the job in developed country.
    Life quality is more important than building asset of 2 Cr. or even 10 Cr. for that matter.

There is no tyranny of shoulds. Life quality is subjective.

Have you ever lived outside India. Life in India is much better if you have money. You get maids, other services far cheap and affordable.

In my view if one has money they should stay put in India. You go out of India to earn money. If dollar became equal to rupee no one will go to the US. Our folks in US, Europe and elsewhere focus on saving money and not enjoying luxuries of life.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bonigv
    Great area. But isn't there a flooding problem there? Lat year I remember there was a flood that submerged some houses and flats. Is it on high land? Pallod farms?

People will pay a premium for this location but psf I can't imagine the premium being > Rs. 500. A fair price in the area for clear land is Rs.3000. Even with my premium call it cannot be Rs.4000psf + registration + cost of internal roads + brokerage. A good quality construction will cost somewhere in the vicinity of Rs. 2000psf. Still a great deal if a 4000sft plot can be bought for a total 1.3~1.4 Cr.

no flooding problem here, rechecked
      i do not think there is any flexibility with pricing. the seller knows he is the only game in town. not too far from aloma county. but, stranger things have been known to happen. i'd rather have people ready to pay 4000 and then have a pleasant surprise if things work better than expected when the rubber hits the road.
      other thoughts:

don't know if the seller would want to endure all the hassle with dealing with the time/complexity of a multiple buyer transaction. will touchbase with him once i get a sense of the interest
        coordinating this will be a hassle for me as well. we would have to spend a lot of time with experts to figure out the best way of structuring this. but given the location and the fact that we like it very much in Baner, i think the hassle will be worth it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by stoxxx
    There is no tyranny of shoulds. Life quality is subjective.

Have you ever lived outside India. Life in India is much better if you have money. You get maids, other services far cheap and affordable.

In my view if one has money they should stay put in India. You go out of India to earn money. If dollar became equal to rupee no one will go to the US. Our folks in US, Europe and elsewhere focus on saving money and not enjoying luxuries of life.

Yes, I live outside india(US) for almost 4 years. I agree that folks in US and Europe go for saving money but NOT all the time. When they come saving is the intention but as the year pass on they understand the quality of life. I know 100's of people(indian) who dont really save money but just want to live peacefully. When I say that it means very low corruption, fresh air(no pollution), No noise pollution, high value of life(not like 2 lacs for dead and 50 thousand for injured), honesty and loyalty towards customer and many more things

apologies if the words hurts but lets be practical
    CommentQuote
  • Ok UncleTom do mail me the details and we can meet.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlotJab
    What do you want? do you want to earn more and more money and don't want to enjoy life? I said that people who are rich ( having more than 2 Cr Rs) should live their life like people do in developed country. Today in Pune, you don't how many things are adulterate/ duplicate (from milk to medicine). Common man like me (and their children) use these things and we live like people are supposed to live in developing economy. I am just suggesting to the rich people if you can afford to buy 2 Crs flat/plot then why don't you go to developed country and enjoy your file there with your children, why you are here and making things complex.

By the way, starting new business (if you have money and idea) is much much easier in developed country then in India. And as far as job is concerned, mere bhai if anyone is doing job in India and earning enough money to buy 2 Crs plot/flat then it means he has enough capabilities to get the job in developed country.

It depends upon person to person. On can enjoy his life in India as well. Many would prefer to settle in a peaceful tier-II/III city in India rather than US/UK. There are many people who leave the luxurious life and come back to settle in India.

Tell me why will a businessman leave his settled business in India and start afresh outside? If this would have been the case all of the rich people here would have already left the country.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amolsw
    Yes, I live outside india(US) for almost 4 years. I agree that folks in US and Europe go for saving money but NOT all the time. When they come saving is the intention but as the year pass on they understand the quality of life. I know 100's of people(indian) who dont really save money but just want to live peacefully. When I say that it means very low corruption, fresh air(no pollution), No noise pollution, high value of life(not like 2 lacs for dead and 50 thousand for injured), honesty and loyalty towards customer and many more things

apologies if the words hurts but lets be practical

Yet to many such Indians specially first generation migrants who care that much about quality than savings and money. But to each his own. I've seen most folks even after 10-12 years of stay abroad still thinking how many rupees it might be when shopping abroad. Most go to the extent possible to save their money.

I personally find in India there is a lot of comfort for my money.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by UncleTom

no flooding problem here, rechecked
      i do not think there is any flexibility with pricing. the seller knows he is the only game in town. not too far from aloma county. but, stranger things have been known to happen. i'd rather have people ready to pay 4000 and then have a pleasant surprise if things work better than expected when the rubber hits the road.
      other thoughts:

don't know if the seller would want to endure all the hassle with dealing with the time/complexity of a multiple buyer transaction. will touchbase with him once i get a sense of the interest
        coordinating this will be a hassle for me as well. we would have to spend a lot of time with experts to figure out the best way of structuring this. but given the location and the fact that we like it very much in Baner, i think the hassle will be worth it.

The situation your outlined suggests forming a co-op society with interested parties with proportionate share holding is the most ideal way. It will be legal and can incorporate the formal building regulations you would like to be enforced in your neighborhood.

The situation your outlined suggests forming a co-op society with interested parties with proportionate share holding is the most ideal way. It will be legal and can incorporate the formal building regulations you would like to be enforced in your neighborhood.

CommentQuote
  • I would recommend keeping at least a 10,000 sq. ft. plot size. That way for retirement 30 years later, the plot can be used for a high rise building, and owner can cash out while still getting to live in the newly constructed building. Consult a builder as to what minimum size they'd be okay constructing a high rise on.
    CommentQuote